What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Gidley

Stagger eel

Staff member
you'd be pleased to know that little Gids has signed on for 2 more years, which is 1 less player for both Moanly and the Rooters!

astrogirl

First Grade
I am going crazy here trying to find something on a webiste but I guess the news is too new

astrogirl

First Grade
I haven't found anything either northey

eelavation, sorry but I'm the kind of person who likes to see things in print - thanks for your early call on this news though!

astrogirl

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
He's been playing awful lately, any more bad games and he'd have to pay us to play.
Give the guy a chance. Could just be a form slump. I'd prefer to be optimistic.

Gooba

Juniors
nrl web site...
Gidley re-signs

17 June 2004

The Newcastle Knights have today agreed to terms with outstanding halfback Kurt Gidley for a further two years until the end of the 2006 season.

The news is a huge boost for the Knights on the eve of their clash against the Sydney Roosters at Aussie Stadium tomorrow night

Kurt has been in outstanding form for the blue and reds since taking over the halfback role from Andrew Johns in round three.

He was rewarded by being named 18th man for the NSW Origin team in game one of this year’s series.

Speaking today, the 22-year-old half said he was relieved and happy to have secured his immediate playing future.

“It’s great news to have everything settled and I couldn’t be happier,” he said.

“The Knights are a great club and Newcastle is a great place to play football.”

“I’ve grown up in this football club and alongside some very close friends, including my brother Matthew, so it’s fair to say I’m very comfortable with the decision.”

The Knights wound up preparations for their clash with the Roosters with a 2pm training run at Aussie Stadium today.

Origin reps, Danny Buderus (back) and Matthew Gidley (quadriceps and hip) will have scans this afternoon before a decision is made on their availability tomorrow.

Timana Tahu is expected to play.
:D :D :clap: :clap:

Gooba

Juniors
51 games 23 trys 18 goals and 1 feild goal.
played in and out of first grade for 2 years prior to this year.
has played in a number of positions (centre, half back and five eighth)
In the nsw Squad at the age of 22.
Filled andrew johns boots fine for the knights.
CMON!!! this guys a champion!! he WILL be in the origin side next year!
And he still has 10 years in him!!