What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann-staying or going ?

I was hoping to see Mann given a shot at centre, wing or full back at the beginning of last season.

He was largely used from the bench until injuries set in.

Mann was used as a stop gap middle defender, as a half.

He was never really given a run of games to cement a spot as a wing, centre or full back.

Don't understand why he would sign another contract whilst Mary is coach.

We signed Pearson, the fijian flyer as well as young Saab. Pereira has been given a 2 year contract. Zac Lomax could also contend for a wing spot.

Aitken and Lafai have been continually selected in front of him. Zac Lomax is now a serious contender for a centre spot.

When Dufty faltered in the second half of the season, Mann wasn't given a chance to play a string of games at full back to improve our defence. So he isn't in the running to be selected at full back.

We have a bucket load of young forwards who will compete for bench spots including Lovadua and Reece Robson.

Looks to me he is now a victim of his own versatility.

Will he stay ?

Mr Red

First Grade
He can stay and be a bench player at the dragons or go and be a bench player at the knights... I know which I would rather be. Maybe a victim of his versatility but more likely a victim of his lack of physical attributes...

Mr Red

First Grade
I'm hoping he will replace Lafai at left centre. Good defence, good passing game and more speed than Lafai.

Well if you want to replace a 1980 commodore with a 1982 commodore .... when we really should be looking at a Ferrari...

I think 27 of the current rostered players have more speed than lafai....with the exception of latimore...

aquiin

Juniors
There’s a lot of talk about Murray and Radley as if they are much bigger players than Aitken (when the suggestion was made about him playing a a forward) and in this case Mann who seems to be an unlikely candidate. They are all around the same height and weight.

Mann did a very job playing that role, especially in warmer months, despite having little experience. Issues really came about with the way the interchange was used through the middle of the game, not his performance in the role.

What will change in the next couple of years is Robson maturing and how he will be used.

It’s hard for most people to understand new roles in the game based on what a player should be or do. We will need Mann another year at least but coaching upheaval makes certainty difficult.

BLM01

First Grade
Should stay..same role utility..but wont. Manager will advise him he can get a starting regular position spot elsewhere. Just like the old saying "the grass is always greener in another team", that is a managers job.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Put it this way.

Clubs only had to announce the 24 contracted players as of 1st Nov. Many, like ours, chose to announce 28. Kurt Mann being part of that 28.

The club must be confident of keepinv him fir 2019, if not they didnt gave to include his name and keptvtge count at 27 (still way above the 24 requirement).

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Can't believe we got Kurt to play fullback because of his attack and defense and play one game where he drop two bombs and that's it. Meanwhile, our two centres must be the worst in the comp. One can't tackle consistently and plays as if he is 7 foot tall ( runs straight)

The other can have a good game 1 in about 5 or 6, but most of the time is quite. He has improved his defense this year.

Mann with his limited opportunities has creaked more breaks comparatively than these two.

Dufty in his first season, so I think he is doing ok. I think he will be much improved next year and hope we can extend. I'd like to see our backline as:

1. Dufty
2. New Brisbane winger
3. Mann
4. Lomax
5. Assuming we are getting another outside back here.
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Also, bench should be:

2. Props - Lawrie and
1. Lelua
1. Robson.

We do not need a back on the bench. In the event of an injury, we need shuffle our second rows into the centre positions and move other backs around. We need all the forward power we can get in each game.

Also we need a rule that all players must play 25 minutes minimum unless they get injured.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Mann has found his position in the middle off the bench as I don't think was he's allowed to play his natural game in the halves.

He pushes above his weight and is a powerful defender and tough. I hope he stays as our utility.

possm

Coach
Can't believe we got Kurt to play fullback because of his attack and defense and play one game where he drop two bombs and that's it. Meanwhile, our two centres must be the worst in the comp. One can't tackle consistently and plays as if he is 7 foot tall ( runs straight)

The other can have a good game 1 in about 5 or 6, but most of the time is quite. He has improved his defense this year.

Mann with his limited opportunities has creaked more breaks comparatively than these two.

Dufty in his first season, so I think he is doing ok. I think he will be much improved next year and hope we can extend. I'd like to see our backline as:

1. Dufty
2. New Brisbane winger
3. Mann
4. Lomax
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Also, bench should be:

2. Props - Lawrie and
1. Lelua
1. Robson.

We do not need a back on the bench. In the event of an injury, we need shuffle our second rows into the centre positions and move other backs around. We need all the forward power we can get in each game.

Also we need a rule that all players must play 25 minutes minimum unless they get injured.

I like the rule;
10 on the bench
When you come off you stay off - except for blood bin.

watatank

Coach
There’s a lot of talk about Murray and Radley as if they are much bigger players than Aitken (when the suggestion was made about him playing a a forward) and in this case Mann who seems to be an unlikely candidate. They are all around the same height and weight.

Mann did a very job playing that role, especially in warmer months, despite having little experience. Issues really came about with the way the interchange was used through the middle of the game, not his performance in the role.

What will change in the next couple of years is Robson maturing and how he will be used.

It’s hard for most people to understand new roles in the game based on what a player should be or do. We will need Mann another year at least but coaching upheaval makes certainty difficult.

I didn't mind him in that role but we should be getting Reece Robson through in that position.

Unless Mann is going to be considered for fullback, he's pretty much gone.

GC Dragon

Juniors
With Mann either give him a position in the starting 13 or move him on . He really doesn't offer any impact off the bench and just sits there as a reserve in case of injury . One thing we really need to do badly is use our bench much better and use it as a weapon like other teams do .

BLM01

First Grade

1. Dufty
2. New Brisbane winger
3. Mann
4. Lomax
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Also, bench should be:

2. Props - Lawrie and
1. Lelua
1. Robson.

Disagree, You tell me which of our back rowers can defend laterally and move and also attack like a centre with a good pass. I am OK with you theory but no back rowers at our club are capable. Tell your thoughts to the coaching staff. At this stage we need to keep Mann as a bench player.
More rules..25 minute cap Min.. Playing around with the game too much as it is.

nontime111

Juniors
Dufty
Pearson
Lomax
Hayne
Mann
Widdop
Hunt

make it a reality please board and stop yourr pissing round!

Latest posts