What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

La Liga

langpark

First Grade
I haven't been following it much this year, so can anyone tell my this year's Copa Del Rey Final is not being played at a neutral venue??

aqua_duck

Coach
I haven't been following it much this year, so can anyone tell my this year's Copa Del Rey Final is not being played at a neutral venue??

Both teams wanted to play the final at the Bernabeu but Real being the spiteful pricks that they are rejected to make the stadium available even though it would've generated about ?30 million in revenue for the city. After that there were negotiations and the two venues suggested with San Memes and Camp Nou, the majority of the Spanish FA voted for the camp nou

langpark

First Grade
Both teams wanted to play the final at the Bernabeu but Real being the spiteful pricks that they are rejected to make the stadium available even though it would've generated about ?30 million in revenue for the city. After that there were negotiations and the two venues suggested with San Memes and Camp Nou, the majority of the Spanish FA voted for the camp nou
Thanks man.

That's a real shame! I wonder if Vicente Calderon wasn't an option? I know it holds 25k less than the Bernabeu, but a slight increase in ticket prices could cover that. Plus, a neutral venue AND in the capital would have given it a real Final feel for all travelling fans. Oh well, I guess they chose Camp Nou so that is that. I see Barca won 3-1.

So both Barca and Juve on course for a TREBLE!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Barcelona almost had the choke of the century there. They let a 4-1 lead slide and let Sevilla back in. If it wasn't for a Pedro Rodriguez goal with 5 minutes of extra time remaining, it would've gone to penalties.

Final score:

Barcelona 5 - 4 Sevilla

I'm not so confident this year!