What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of sponsorship money

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Can I also just say,

this is 20 people bleeting on about supposed problems in our club on the internet. Like anything here will ever get done. I don't even know why I reply some times.

I think this board represents a good and diverse range of eels fans mark, and the views expressed here are probably widely held.

marketing has never been parra's strong point, the tigers are streets ahead of everybody in the marketing dept. Just look at the laurie nicolls thing they have going now.

big boppa eel

Juniors
parra-matters said:
marketing has never been parra's strong point, the tigers are streets ahead of everybody in the marketing dept. Just look at the laurie nicolls thing they have going now.
Yes but it has been mentioned in the past week that he would not have wanted this promotion because he was dead set against the merger it was Balmain or nothing, but I see your point.

strider

Post Whore
what's the laurie nichols thing? ..... i've never much been a target for marketing :lol: :lol:

TheRam

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
A Couple of Points on this one.

1, We are one of the few who have broken even or made a profit, So we aren't really Wanting for Cash now are we?

2, Jersey Sponsorship combined is well below $2M as stated by Parra-matters. The only club in Sydney that has a Jersey worth over $1M is the Bulldogs.

3, If anyone in this thread thinks the more $ you have the more premierships you are going to get then I think you are deluded. the NRL is there to even it out, with the salary cap.

4, To the Fitzy Bashers, I think your Target should be Steven Edge and Not Fitzy, Steven is the Marketing manager,

5, I want to know how they figured out the leagues club grant as the NRL club is run under the leagues club group and not as a separate entity.

Firstly, the point isn’t about breaking even. A progressive and first-rate management team would capitalize on our fortunate position, and exploit whatever opportunities are available to it, by adding PROFIT to the bottom line. Have you ever heard of making hay while the sun shines dude? If we can gain an advantage on our competition and create a revenue stream of profit, hello, a war chest for future investments and so forth we could guarantee our place in the NRL as the team to envy in Sydney…see how it works yet Sport?

Secondly, Listen here Captain Clueless, no one is correlating dollars and premierships alone is the way it works. What we are talking about here is long term security for our club as a pillar of power in the NRL. Kapisch?

Thirdly, Fitzy is the leader of this board, therefore he is the focal point, and rightly so, for whatever issues are in question. Thus if the board is floundering in any area, he needs to FIX IT. Are you still following this so far Champ?

And finally, are you on Fizty’s payroll or something? I mean what are you up to when it comes to defending people that are hobbling what many of us Parra supporters see as only a betrayal of our trust and ultimately our team. Football clubs are there for the supporters, not for mediocre mavericks like Fitzy to line his pockets, and raise his profile. His stand over tactics when someone questions his actions, isn’t fooling anyone, and least of all, neither are you fella.

I’ll say it again.
OVER 20 YEARS WITHOUT RESAULT IS MORE THEN ENOUGH TIME FOR ANYONE, AND I DON’T CARE HOW YOU TRY TO SPIN IT, SKIPPER.

TheRam

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
Can I also just say,

this is 20 people bleeting on about supposed problems in our club on the internet. Like anything here will ever get done. I don't even know why I reply some times.

Ah...maybe because you like to SPIN? ;-)

big boppa eel

Juniors
strider said:
what's the laurie nichols thing? ..... i've never much been a target for marketing :lol: :lol:
They have apparently on mass produced singlet's in tiger colours with his face on them, bit tacky if u ask me.

fish eel said:
I think this board represents a good and diverse range of eels fans mark, and the views expressed here are probably widely held.

If that is the case then it is as ineffectuall offline as it is online.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
If that is the case then it is as ineffectuall offline as it is online.

you're point being? we get the management we deserve? If so, I'd probably agree because imo parra fans are generally pretty apathetic.

TheRam said:
Firstly, the point isn’t about breaking even. A progressive and first-rate management team would capitalize on our fortunate position, and exploit whatever opportunities are available to it, by adding PROFIT to the bottom line. Have you ever heard of making hay while the sun shines dude? If we can gain an advantage on our competition and create a revenue stream of profit, hello, a war chest for future investments and so forth we could guarantee our place in the NRL as the team to envy in Sydney…see how it works yet Sport?

But it is not for the NRL Club to profit it is for the leagues club to profit. Kapisch? The Leagues club and its new revenue Streams will see us garentteed in the compition for a long time to come. Savy?

TheRam said:
Secondly, Listen here Captain Clueless, no one is correlating dollars and premierships alone is the way it works. What we are talking about here is long term security for our club as a pillar of power in the NRL. Kapisch?

If you think that this club need sponsorship dollars to ensure we are in the NRL then you are the clueless one. We will be here regardless.

TheRam said:
Thirdly, Fitzy is the leader of this board, therefore he is the focal point, and rightly so, for whatever issues are in question. Thus if the board is floundering in any area, he needs to FIX IT. Are you still following this so far Champ?

No He isn't Toss Pot. He is the First Employee of the Board. The Leader of the Board is Alan Overton AM. Do you want him gone. Most Probably, but he was the one that bought Hardies to Parramatta and through that, has seen us garenttee our income for the last 20 years.

TheRam said:
And finally, are you on Fizty’s payroll or something? I mean what are you up to when it comes to defending people that are hobbling what many of us Parra supporters see as only a betrayal of our trust and ultimately our team. Football clubs are there for the supporters, not for mediocre mavericks like Fitzy to line his pockets, and raise his profile. His stand over tactics when someone questions his actions, isn’t fooling anyone, and least of all, neither are you fella.

I’ll say it again.
OVER 20 YEARS WITHOUT RESAULT IS MORE THEN ENOUGH TIME FOR ANYONE, AND I DON’T CARE HOW YOU TRY TO SPIN IT, SKIPPER.

If you think so then do something apart from vent your spleen on an Internet Forum.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
If you think so then do something apart from vent your spleen on an Internet Forum.

maybe he could vote at the leagues club elections if he was lucky enough to know that they were actually on :lol:

CrazyEel

Bench
So, getting back to the point of this thread and away from the obfuscation, it's a pretty lousy effort that parra is the least sponsored team in the whole comp and can't even manage to get even half the sponsorship dollars of Wests and Dragons.

parra_jesus

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
he was the one that bought Hardies to Parramatta and through that, has seen us garenttee our income for the last 20 years.

Forum.

gaurented our income for the last 20 years ? elaborate.....

Suitman

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
So, getting back to the point of this thread and away from the obfuscation, it's a pretty lousy effort that parra is the least sponsored team in the whole comp and can't even manage to get even half the sponsorship dollars of Wests and Dragons.

Mate, you may be called Crazy, but there will be a spin doctor around here somewhere that will refute your claim.

Parra is one of the top 3 high profiled clubs in Sydney.
For us to be last in sponsorship dollars is a f**king disgrace. (That is, if the figures are correct).

And, really, if we break even or make a profit, why shouldn't we go for more? What is wrong with making another mill or two and strengthening our future further?

Suity

eel01s

Bench
I too read that article in the Herald and couldn't believe the sponsorship figures.

MITS correctly points out that Steve Edge is the marketing manager. maybe after this article Dennis and Co. may ask Mr Edge what his plan is to raise more $$$? He has been there since 1982 - maybe it is time for some new blood?

MITS is also right to point out how well our management is doing in certain areas - BUT I think it is fair for us fans to question why our club has the lowest sponsorship in the NRL.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Who has had a read of the saturday Telecrap? The piece on Colin Love shows how poorly Rugby League is run compared to the AFL. More money should be filtering down to all clubs from the top but there are to many greedy men at the top who don't give a rats about the game. Why does league have so many governing bodies with one million directors, board members, wankers etc.?????

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Parra is one of the top 3 high profiled clubs in Sydney.
For us to be last in sponsorship dollars is a f**king disgrace. (That is, if the figures are correct).

Suity

there in lies the problem, it's the LACK!! of profile that's hurting us in terms od sponsorship revenue.

that's how i see it.

CrazyEel

Bench
Suitman said:
Mate, you may be called Crazy, but there will be a spin doctor around here somewhere that will refute your claim.
I may be Crazy by name but I'd have to truly be crazy by nature to swallow the outrageous spin being applied to the bleeding obvious. :crazy:

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
there in lies the problem, it's the LACK!! of profile that's hurting us in terms od sponsorship revenue.

that's how i see it.
Yes, that's how I see it as well.