What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Dogs will be back in '06. Bigger and better than ever.

dubby

Bench
Someone from this years top 4 will crash and burn. Most likely Parra, or Saints.

I say that because i hope they do...;-)

KevinArnold

Juniors
This will definetely be way off, someone, maybe more, will go totally the opposite to what they're predicted to go (Bulldogs, Sea Eagles & Roosters are difficult to predict for mine at this time)

Eels
Wests Tigers
Dragons
Broncos
Knights
Panthers
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Sharks
Roosters
Storm
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Raiders

Jono078

Referee
Team Played Won Draw Loss Pts
1st Knights 24 15 9 34
2nd Sharks 24 15 9 34
3rd Bulldogs 24 14 10 32
4th Wests Tigers 24 14 10 32
5th Sea Eagles 24 14 10 32
6th Eels 24 13 11 30
7th Rabbitohs 24 13 11 30
8th Panthers 24 12 12 28
9th Broncos 24 12 12 28
10th Cowboys 24 12 12 28
11th Roosters 24 12 12 28
12th Raiders 24 11 13 26
13th Dragons 24 11 13 26
14th Storm 24 7 17 18
15th Warriors 24 5 19 14

Just went through the draw, and I ended up getting that on the spread sheet.

8th to 11th will depend on F/A obviously.

I like the ladder :).

ByRd

First Grade
dragons 13th, you serious. Sharks 2nd and knights 1st, lol well see mate

borat

Bench
Absolutely no idea Jono.

1. Dragons
2. Sea Eagles
3. Wests Tigers
4. Parramatta
5. Cowboys
6. Knights
7. Broncos
8. Roosters
9. Bulldogs
10. Sharks
11. Storm
12. Panthers
13. Warriors
14. Canberra
15. Souths

Jono078

Referee
I went through each game on my spread sheet and 'ticked' each winner of each round, and that's what it produced lol.

It is a bit scrappy (Mainly Dragons and Sharks) but besides those 2 I don't think it is too bad :).

sydraider

First Grade
One things for certain, If trends remain, those who get off to a quick start will slide.
The teams that will be a threat, are the ones that have kept in touch with the eight and start to fire from round 15 onwards.
Tigers are a prime example of this.

In saying that, if the raiders young guns find their feet and are well drilled by about the 15th round, then our prospects look decent to say the least, then our achilles heel is matt elliot who tends to have selectiondownsyndrome and gameplanspasmidis.

phonetic

Juniors
1. Brisbane
2. St George Illawarra
3. Parramatta
4. Easts
5. Nth Queensland
6. Canterbury
7. Newcastle
8. Wests
9. Warriors
10. Manly
11. Melbourne
12. Penrith
13. Canberra
14. South Sydney
15. Cronulla

anjado

Juniors
1.Wests Tigers
(are reigning premiers and have probably recruited as well as anyone Look to have a far stronger pack this season and have signed Lolesi they might miss Richards though
and none of the selectors seem to rate the tigers so it will help them in mid season)
2.Sharks
( this might seem a very strange choice but i think they have bought well and might even break the drought next season The signing of Ross is a big coop for the sharks
Pomeroy should add some steel to the backline defence Albert will score over 15 tries
and Vagana should move to five eighth to see more of the ball i think they could have a big big year )
3.Broncos
(I don't think they will win it but they will be consistent again and be in the top 4
i think Ennis and Hannant are both good signings Ennis will give them more options and a goal kicker while Hannant might be a good option from the bench need Seymour to kick on )
4.Roosters
(I think they will be hungry again next year Harrison and Anasta are both great signings
and Edmondson has played well whenever i Have seen him need to lose Finch though
but i think they will be a much better side this year providing Anasta continues to play well)
5.Eels
( i think they will have a pretty decent year i think Brian Smith's job might be on the line this season and i think they will make the final 4 sides also have good depth Worried about the Halves backing up from last season If all goes well they might win it )
6.Sea Eagles
(i think they will be a much better side next season very hard to beat at brookvale
Orford gives them a really great Half and Bell is an excellent centre they need Kennedy to stay fit if he does they could finish higher)
7.Dragons
(this is a big shock but i think last season was there year to win it they didnt have many injuries except Head and were probably the strongest side in the finals on paper
alot of there players will get picked in rep football and i think they will get the injury curse again but if im wrong with that i think they can do anything they can certainly win it i think there forwards need to play with more aggression though a side with 2 australian front rowers should never be beaten in the forwards they remind me alot of the roosters before they got Morley)
8.Cowboys
( this is a controversial pick because i think they are still a very good side
but the main reason they are so low is Because Rauhihi isnt there i think he adds an awful lot to the team and Webb is usually in trouble so i think there forwards might struggle next season there backline though is Magnificent so i could be well out with this pick )
9.Bulldogs
(had an awful lot of injuries last season so struggled Anasta and Lolesi
are big losses they will now have to rely a hell of alot on Sherwin and he blows hot or cold if he is running hot they can win it really but if he doesent they will struggle
they Need Sonny Bill on the field for as long as possible he is ridicuously talented
And Mason needs to get the passion he had in the 2004 finals series)
10.Knights
(i put them basically down here because Johns is the single most important player to a team i think ive ever seen in any sport If he is fit for three quarters of the season and plays well they will make the eight
if he plays the whole year they could win it if he misses most of the season definate spoon material the signings of Davico and Carney are interesting too
both are very good players but increadibly injury prone so they need them to be fit also i think this is there problem to many injury prone players)
11.Storm
(will miss Orford's direction especially when Hill misses usually 5-6 games a season
will have probably the best three quarter line in the comp next season Providing Inglis lives up to the promise he has shown im not a huge fan of Cooper Cronk
i actually think they might try Cameron Smith at half back for a few games to see how he does they will probably be an increadibly exciting team melbourne.
the signing of Chris Walker is an interesting one He played his best football at brisbane when Bellamy was there and could be a bit of an asset or a complete liability
the one positive for melbourne is that they have bought plenty of size and aggression to there forward pack by signing Crocker,Crossman and Ben Cross
they wont do as well as in previous seasons but will still be difficault to beat especially in melbourne.
12.Penrith
(my team They have let go Ross,Galuvao,Pomeroy,Crossman and Rogers
and to be honest have bought crap to replace them basically
Craig Stapleton,David Thompson,Nick Youngquest and Mark O'Halloran
Stapleton and Thompson are both in there late 20's O'Halloran couldnt make the London Broncons side and Youngquest is a Brett Howland clone
the only signing that lookslike it might be promising is Brian Norrie because saints always produce good front rowers.the rest of the signings i dont know much about because they are from Qld cup or Bartercard cup but judging by Penrith's terrible recruitment from these areas working out at about 2 first graders out of about 50 in modern times things dont look great i have seen Wayne Bond play he looks talented but needs to look for the ball more he seems hesitant even at qld cup level.
Penrith didnt make the Finals in any grade last season.
it was a terrible season.
Hopefully things will improve but i cant see it.
they still have plenty of good players Penrith but there relying on finding a centre from no where and alot of luck with injuries but i dont think they will get the spoon.
They have replaced 3 regular first graders with 4 reserve graders and 1 up and coming player
add to that Penrith dont play there first game at home till round 8
i think its going to be a long frustrating year for the panthers)
13.Rabbitohs
(Hopefully the end of last season gave them a boost of confidence
they have good young players coming through. And establishing themselves
Gordon,Champion,Sutton are all very good players they have recruited quite well
Webb,Galuvao,Merritt and Mellor are all good players.There biggest problem is at half back
Ben Walker done quite well last season but he is the type of player who looks great one season and plays like a complete ass the next season hopefully for Souths sake this wont happen.The loss of Harrison was a big blow because i think if they had him they would be pushing for a place in the 8.Hopefully for souths if all goes well they might sneak in the 8 but they will need alot of things to go right especially with injury and suspension. All in all though if they can get Piggins away from the place the future looks quite good for Souths. And with such good young players they might be in with a shout at the Premiership in 2-3 years)
14.Canberra
( Canberra are an interesting case because they have bought 2 young players with alot of potential in Dane Tilse and Tom Leyroyd-Lahrs.Both are very big and will add alot of size to the Raiders.I think losing Adamson is quite a blow because he added alot of thrust to the Raiders forwards. The big thing for the Raiders this year is there young players they need to step up big time the likes of Carney and Weyman
both have great potential but they need to really show it this year.Otherwise it wil be a long long year for the raiders.They need Jason Smith on the field for alot of the year
he was brilliant last season .but its up to Carney to take the pressure off him
its a make or break year for Matt Elliott. He needs these young kids to be at there best
otherwise they will lack the class of the other sides and will need to spend big in 2007
hopefully the likes of Carney,Weyman and Leyroyd-Lahrs will become there stars.
Canberra will always be difficault to beat so its hard to rank them especially a side with lots of young players. With potential hopefully they can live up to it
and return to the years where Canberra were always a premiership threat)
15.Warriors
(They have lost there best ever play in Jones
but they have also lost Meli and Paaleasena(SP)
who will also be huge losses for the Warriors.
Hopefully they will improve there discipline this season they give away far to many needless Penalties.Jones is a massive loss because he was a cool head and gave there backline direction.Price and WIki Hopefully can calm them down and play the brilliant football of 2002/03 but they have lost so many players since then
and they havent really bought anyone for this season.
So unless there is an absolute cluster of great players in the bartercard cup
i think they will struggle big time this season.
Which is a shame because they can be a great but increadibly frustrating team to watch.
When they get it right there brilliant
but when it goes bad they look abysmal
hopefully though they dont do to poorly this season because they are very important to the game
and hopefully Cleary can get them playing like the old Warriors)

so there you have it my increadibly long table

Iafeta

Referee
:lol: I just read some Souths fan's comment that anyone tips Souths for the wooden spoon is either an idiot or a Rabbitohs fan.

The share price of idiots just went up dramatically.

Latest posts