What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

Jono078

Referee
Ive already done one earlier, but here is a more recent one:

1. Eels
2. Knights
3. Wests Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Cowboys
6. Sea Eagles
7. Bulldogs
8. Dragons
_-_-_-_-_-_
9. Sharks
10. Raiders
11. Roosters
12. Rabbitohs
13. Panthers
14. Storm
15. Warriors

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Roosters
5. Manly
6. Cowboys
7. Broncos
8. Knights

9. Bulldogs
10. Souths
11. Warriors
12. Storm
13. Sharks
14. Panthers
15. Raiders

sharks4ever

Juniors
why is it that everyone thinks the sharks are gonna be in the bottom 3 they have want well in the player market

pantherz9103

First Grade
Unlike some people I'm quietly confident we will make the 8, because even though we've signed low profile players, they are better than a lot of the Cougars team and that will boost depth. We still have players like Gower, Campbell, Waterhouse, Priddis, Puletua, Pritchard, Wesser, Lewis, Rooney, Rodney and Clinton and they may well play better with some honest toilers pressuring them for a spot.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Big Pete said:
No Excuse? Except for the fact they are one of the more consistent clubs in the NRL and they always have good youngsters coming through the ranks. Arn't you the Panthers fan who usually announces how he hates his team?

My Ladder:
1.Eels
2.Bulldogs
3.St.George
4.Broncos
5.Cowboys
6.Tigers
7.Manly
8.Knights
9.Storm
10.Roosters
11.Panthers
12.Rabbitohs
13.Sharks
14.Warriors
15.Raiders

That's a pretty wild punt and dont worry Raiders I probably jinxed you into becoming Top 4 Contenders. :p

No I never said I hated them. I've just let them have it after some of their poor performances. It was hard to take for a while the fact that we did so well in 03 and 04 and didn't make the finals in 05, but a good finish to the season brightened my mood up. I am passionate and loyal. Despite dissing them on public forums I still support them. I was angry that them when they deserved it. They were playing well below their potential and not playing with enough heart. Next year they could probably lose quite a few games but the effort might still be there. Not to say that they can't make the 8 next year, but they don't really have what it takes to challenge for the title until they get more quality in the centres and better depth which they may or may not be getting. They'll also miss Ross a fair bit I think. They can still make the 8 though. Hell, even Cronulla made the 8 this year due to one good 10 game period at the start of the year, and then they sucked for basically the rest of the year. You don't need a great squad to do it, it comes down to team work, momentum and luck with injuries. Any team is capable of making the 8 given the right set of circumstances.

I laugh at anyone that tries to predict the 2006 season this early.

Anyone tipped Tigers to be premiers this year??

*awkward silence*

Yeah, didn't think so.

sharks4ever

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Two Words Brett Kimmorley

wat does kimmorely have anything to do with it he was the leading halfback till the first origion who knows maybe be the best halv next year

Jobdog

Live Update Team
He was only the leading halfback til the first origin cos Johns was out. If Johns was fit, Kimmorley wouldn't of even gotten a look at that sky blue jumper.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I had one before, but i'll do an updated one now:

1. Eels
2. Dragons
3. Tigers
4. Knights
5. Cowboys
6. Broncos
7. Bulldogs
8. Eagles
-------------------

9. Roosters
10. Raiders
11. Panthers
12. Warriors
13. Sharks
14. Storm
15. Rabbitohs

Jackal Dog

Juniors
1. Dragons
2. Eels
3.Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Cowboys
6. Bulldogs
7. Knights
8. Sea Eagles

9. Panthers
10. Roosters
11. Storm
12. Raiders
13. Rabbitohs
14. Sharks
15. Warriors

Blu`

Juniors
1. St George-Illawarra Dragons - Pretty much the same set of superstars with a slightly more experienced coach. I'm expecting them to finish top 4 and i guess 1st is as good a place as any.

2. Parramatta Eels - Same roster with enormous depth in their premiership premier league squad. The team will be hungry at the start of next season after their debarcle in the preliminary final in 2005.

3. Wests Tigers - Well it's a bit hard to place this team any further down the ladder considering they are the defending premiers. They've lost some experienced but signed some good talent like Lolesi for next year. They have beefed up a bit in the forwards which worries me, the question hangs over my head, why change a working formula? They will miss Benji at the start of next season.

4. Newcastle Knights - Guess what? Their back and Johns isn't injured anymore. They've recruited a bit of speed on the Edge signing Brian Carney for one year and their reserve grade team that got smashed off the park last year arn't reserve graders anymore! Can finish as high as fourth but IMHO won't challenge for the title. All this considered, if Johns is injured again then bye bye Newcastle.

5. North Queensland Cowboys - Similar roster, similar result however i think if they were ever going to challenge for the title in recent times, their chance was 2005 and they blew it. Steady recruitment, all around should have a good season 2006 however if they are to challenge for the title this team needs to show a lot more consistency.

6. Brisbane Broncos - Will be interesting to see what changes Wayne makes to the culture of the whole place up there. My prediction is off to a flying start and then die in the ass at the end of the season... four or five in a row, why not one more?

7. Canterbury Bulldogs - Holdsworth to learn his trade with Sherwin in the off season, Folkes to totally destroy his natural game but the Dogs to run in at 7th anyway. If they can field a full strength pack and they play like what their paid the Dogs should have a much improved season in 2006.

8. Melbourne Storm - Lost a lot of control with Orford, it'll be interesting to see if Cronk can fill his shoes. Scott Hill is useless however the Storm have a lot of points in them with Slater, King and Inglis in their backline however i'm predicting the same old story for Melbourne.

9. Penrith Panthers - I don't know who does the recruitment at Penrith but they screwed up something royal. Penrith just outside the eight, i really rate John Lang as a coach. I feel sorry for the Penrith fans, i've never met one i didn't like (except my ex-girlfriend...). Good luck to him and good luck to Presto in his last season at the Panthers!

10. Sydney Roosters - Sacrificed too many quality players for Harrison and Anasta when essentially, they can play the same role. Personally i would have signed Harrison and brought Soward and his premier league half into the side, throw Finch on the scrap head. No Freddy, No Cayless, No Ricko, No Premiership.

11. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - Manly to get everything they deserve after what they done to Monaghan. Lost a lot of players (even though they were of pretty poor quality) so a disrupted roster seems to me like it's gunna be a disrupted start to the season for Manly, going against last years trend where they had a great start.

12. South Sydney Rabbitohs - Slowly starting to gain some momentum but Harrison and Fletch are big losses. Will be a while before we see Souths in the eight, and even thats assuming that any talent they do develop wants to stick around and play for them.

13. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks - 30 something years and won nothing. 2006 won't be any different for this team. Lost A LOT of experience in Stevo and Peach, managed to Sign Ben Ross but this still isn't gunna be enough to put them anywhere near the eight. Covell to get hit by a car (jokes). Simmons is a joke, letting a clubman like Peachy go was foolish.

14. Canberra Raiders - Lost Ian Hindmarsh, i'm not sure whats happening with whinger... err Woolford. A grandpa 5/8th in Jason Smith and a baby halfback in Todd Carney, not sure how well they compliment each other but basically IMO their backline has nothing. Matty Elliot has gotta go..

15. New Zealand Warriors - NRL basketball team for the spoon. Poor roster with a rookie coach is going to be a disaster and i still feel they can't do much with the joke that Tony Kemp was for them in 2005. No Stacy Jones will be a problem so Nathan Fien will have to take on a much greater role. Strength in the forwards as usual for the Warriors but their backline is so poor i can only see the spoon for the Warriors in 2006.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Blu` said:
4. Newcastle Knights - Guess what? Their back and Johns isn't injured anymore. They've recruited a bit of speed on the Edge signing Brian Carney for one year and their reserve grade team that got smashed off the park last year arn't reserve graders anymore! Can finish as high as fourth but IMHO won't challenge for the title. All this considered, if Johns is injured again then bye bye Newcastle.
Reserve Grade got smashed???? They made the finals for farks sake, and even if they did get beaten first week (by the eventual premiers), its not a bad effort considering half the side weren't there for half the season because of injuries to the first grade side.

Blu`

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Reserve Grade got smashed???? They made the finals for farks sake, and even if they did get beaten first week (by the eventual premiers), its not a bad effort considering half the side weren't there for half the season because of injuries to the first grade side.

I was reffering to the Knights amount of injuries forcing their Premier League players into first grade who obviously, reflected by the scorelines and 0 wins after 13 rounds or whatever - were not up to the task.

Edit: Oh and i actually seen the game where they got knocked out by the eventual premiers and they actually got SMASHED by the premiers, 48-14 or something of that nature.

Rammo

Juniors
There's no way the Tigers will go back to back, and It's not their fault, just a fact of nature,

Next season they will gain more rep recognition, will get more injuries and will become the hunted rather than the hunter, my early tip is Newcastle to win the title.

D

Deleted member 10972

If Roosters field this team then a 5th or 6th finish is possible:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Amos Roberts
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jamie Soward
8. David Shillington/Mickey Paea
9. Craig Wing
10. Adrian Morley
11. Chris Flannery
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ashley Harrison

14. John Doyle? Heath L'Estrange?
15. Nigel Plum? Shane Shackleton? Ricahrd Fa'aoso
16. Mark Edmondson? Charlie Tonga? Glenn Hall?
17. Anthony Tupou

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rammo said:
There's no way the Tigers will go back to back, and It's not their fault, just a fact of nature,

Next season they will gain more rep recognition, will get more injuries and will become the hunted rather than the hunter, my early tip is Newcastle to win the title.

Remember with the Tigers is that most of their reps are Kiwis! OMG the only possible NSW reps are Skandalis and Hodgson (depending on Minichello), Prince may get the no7 for QLD. Which other ones are realistically pushing for rep games? The representation will be after the season. I don't think the representation will be large enough to say that it will impact severely on their chances to go back to back. However by saying that it is difficult in today's society to go back to back!

Kiwi

First Grade
1.Broncos
2.Bulldogs
3.Dragons
4.Cowboys
5.Tigers
6.Storm
7. Eels
8. Knights
9. Roosters
10.Manly
11.Panthers
12.Rabbitohs
13.Sharks
14.Warriors
15.Raiders

half

Coach
eels
bulldogs
cowboys
dragons
roosters
knights
warriors
panthers

broncos
sharks
tigers
storm
sea eagles
rabbitohs
raiders

sure the eels will crumble come the major preliminary final, but they are built for minor premiership success

RABK

Referee
1- Eels
2- Tigers
3- Knights
4- Dragons
5- Bulldogs
6- Cowboys
7- Broncos
8- Sharks
9- Eagles
10- Roosters