What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LADDER WATCH

toomuchsoup

Juniors
As little as it matters this early in the season, I still can’t help but view each other game on how it will effect our spot on the ladder for the week.

At the moment we’re sitting pretty in 2nd. To stay there by rounds end we need:
Panthers to win by no more than 5 (unlikely)
Titans to beat the SeaBeagles
Bunnies to not win by more than 30
All the other teams on 10points to still play would need to win with giant blowouts to jump our for and against.

We’d have been equal 1st if it weren’t for that Warriors loss! But I think that loss will have helped us in the long run. Seems to have really kick started our run

Stake Removed

First Grade
As little as it matters this early in the season, I still can’t help but view each other game on how it will effect our spot on the ladder for the week.

At the moment we’re sitting pretty in 2nd. To stay there by rounds end we need:
Panthers to win by no more than 5 (unlikely)
Titans to beat the SeaBeagles
Bunnies to not win by more than 30
All the other teams on 10points to still play would need to win with giant blowouts to jump our for and against.

We’d have been equal 1st if it weren’t for that Warriors loss! But I think that loss will have helped us in the long run. Seems to have really kick started our run
Be interesting to see the ladder at start of rep season to the end.
We basically have Nicho who will miss games of all teams up there bar Warriors we would be least effected.
We want to be able to push forward.
And due to looking like a log jam, Panthers might not be able to rest players after origin which could come back to bite end of season

Poss

Juniors
Heard Riccio on SEN this morning saying that Fitzy has a plan moving forward to have Trindall in the 17 and to give him plenty of game time in preparation and readiness for Hynes missing at Origin time.

Craigshark

First Grade
Heard Riccio on SEN this morning saying that Fitzy has a plan moving forward to have Trindall in the 17 and to give him plenty of game time in preparation and readiness for Hynes missing at Origin time.

fittler didn’t seem that impressed with the sharks performance last night. After the game said we pass a lot and it looks good but pretty much alluded to it not being as good as it looks. Probably trying to justify selecting luai already

shaggs

Coach
I don’t actually disagree with Fittler.

We bashed the cows in defence and earnt the right to pass a lot.
Better teams with tougher forwards won’t be as easy.
Then we need to bash them in defence and earn it through the middle with the ball.

Lots of early passing is ok for shit teams

Frenzy.

Immortal

Then we need to bash them in defence and earn it through the middle with the ball.

Gritty > Pretty

SharkShocked

Bench

Our issue for the last 2 years has always been that we either can't earn the right to do the flashy stuff often enough or don't want to.

We have played with way too much casual disregard to completions/field position. Because of this we CAN score and put on pretty football from basically anywhere.

They are a work in progress and slowly getting that balance sorted. When they do, they'll be a serious threat. Because if we can hold teams from a phyiscal point of view and match it with any forward pack in the comp, particularly in the aggression department.... there won't be much missing.

I'd much prefer to have to fix the defense, than have absolutely nothing in attack.

Good time to be a sharks fan imo.

Special K

Coach
They will pick him at 14 and force him to come on from behind and fix the issues. Then blame him when it goes wrong. Like when Freddy put Sifa on while we defended our goal line for 15 minutes.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Geez soup…. U said bunnies by not more than 30?

26 n counting.
Well that now gives us the best for and against in the comp.

IF (big if) Titans beat Manly tomorrow, Manly beat Broncos next week and we beat the Dolphins, we could be sitting in 1st

But I’d assume Panthers will trash the Tigers and boost their for and against by quite a bit

Latest posts