What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lagi Setu - Storm

bottle

Coach
Were they after him?
Let's just sign everybody, then no one can complain about missing out on anyone.

bottle

Coach
Thanks for the link, although I have little faith in newspaper rumours these days.
However if you are saying that Price made reference to him, that's a different story.
However it stills comes back to how much was he offered by the Storm compared to what our people assessed his worth at. He's been away from the game for a while, and certainly wasn't setting the house on fire in his latter days at Brisbane.
If, say, it was to come down to a choice between Lagi and Harrison, and we end getting Harrison, that's the better outcome I feel.

Elias1983

Coach
Thanks for the link, although I have little faith in newspaper rumours these days.
However if you are saying that Price made reference to him, that's a different story.
However it stills comes back to how much was he offered by the Storm compared to what our people assessed his worth at. He's been away from the game for a while, and certainly wasn't setting the house on fire in his latter days at Brisbane.
If, say, it was to come down to a choice between Lagi and Harrison, and we end getting Harrison, that's the better outcome I feel.

x 2.

saints4ever

First Grade
Coached by Price in a fringe top 8 side...

Coached by Bellamy in a defending premiers side...

Hmmmmmmm

Elias1983

Coach
I'll take my chances with this guy though....Tyson Frizzel

00057711-Photo.JPG

hardbaby

Coach
Imagine a backrow with Frizzel on one edge and Harrison on the other with Vidot coming off the bench. Prior and Creagh playing tight. Now that's juicy!!

RedVDave

First Grade
Can we should just start threads of players we don't want to sign? Save a load of time that way.

jenninga

First Grade
Can we should just start threads of players we don't want to sign? Save a load of time that way.
Agree,now there is a thread about wanting to sign Shackleton,it gets so stupid.And if we do sign "cheap" players we all blow up for buying mediocrity.

RedVDave

First Grade
Agree,now there is a thread about wanting to sign Shackleton,it gets so stupid.And if we do sign "cheap" players we all blow up for buying mediocrity.

Yep it's getting beyond the point of ridiculousness now, I have seen the Shack thread laughable really considering he was at our club previously and their is a reason he could not crack first grade, not to mention he could not make FG in a team that came dead last this season.

Now unless I am mistaken (or the rules have since changed) I believe that if a club does not spend their full amount of the cap in one season then that money continues onto the next season and can therefore spend that excess for the next season. Like the Tigers in 2005 signed a bunch of players for the 2006 season and more recentley I believe Cronulla had that luxury because they had been under the cap, if this is true then I don't see what all the worry is about.

Happy to be corrected if the above statement is false.

watatank

Coach
Would've been nice to see him back here but I'm pretty sure he has a better chance of making first grade at the Storm and more money than he does here. Still needs to prove himself after a two year mission and he was pretty lackluster in Brisbane as well.

possm

Coach
If a Club does not spend to its salary cap, the following years salary cap is not increased to the value of the unspent cap. However, the grant from the ARLC does not have to be returned. So by not spending to the full cap, money can be saved for other expenses or saved for the next year but the next years cap will not be any higher than that of other clubs. Click on the link below to view some more info on the salary cap.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...d/58360/nrl-salary-cap-explained/default.aspx

The ARLC grants clubs funds to run their club. For 2013 the grant exceeds the salary cap amount i.e.:

2013 ARLC grant is 7m. Click on the link below for more information on the ARLC grant for 2013.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-confirms-club-funding-for-2013-season/tabid/10874/newsid/70319/default.aspx

The new windfall will see an increase in the $4.4m salary cap, which is expected to rise to just over $5m for next season.

http://www.nrl.com/players-waiting-on-salary-cap-news/tabid/10874/newsid/69440/default.aspx

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-as-union-talks-continue-20121107-28ykw.html

For more links on the salary cap click on the link below:

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhome/nrlsearch/tabid/10895/pageindex114343/0/search/salary%20cap/default.aspx

Last edited:

Latest posts