What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lance Thompson?

rushndude

Bench
Could you possibly quote the article in this thread? I'd rather not go to that rubbish website.

Jeff1691

Juniors
IT WAS one of rugby league's most harrowing break-ups - the fiercely proud Dragons junior shunned from the big Red V and into the bosom of bitter rival Cronulla.

But four painful years after being shown the door at St George Illawarra, Lance Thompson is preparing to return to his spiritual lair next season.
We can reveal that Dragons officials this week finalised negotiations for Thompson to become SGBall coach in 2010, and are contemplating a promotion to Toyota Cup duties the following year.
The appointment comes as a major surprise, given the venom surrounding Thompson's departure mid-contract at the end of 2005. The split generated such angst down Kogarah way that local sporting identity Dick Caine even hired two scantily clad models to promote a campaign to sack Dragons CEO Peter Doust.
But contrary to popular opinion, Doust was not the main man behind Thompson's demise. That role fell to former coach Nathan Brown and assistant Paul McGregor, who wanted the forward out of the club. With Brown and McGregor gone, the path is clear for a prodigal son to return.
The only stumbling block for Thompson will be sacrificing his player management agency, which represents the likes of Chase Stanley, David Milne and Atelea Vea. NRL rules prevent anyone with official links to a club from being a player manager.

Sas2200

Juniors
welcome home thommo!!

I remember when we played scum at scum park and at Kogarah, Thommo came over and gave us a wave, then another wave when we chanted his name!!

Too bad some of our current crop dont even acknowledge us when we sit their chanting their names and their right in front of us...."cough Weyman cough"

I guess thats why we love Wendell lol

big pat

Coach
at the fan day weyman was very co-operative, talking and signing autographs, he does come across as a guy who might be a bit shy, but when wb2sos unwrapped his veryone loves weyman banner he was pretty stoked,he and dean young seemed to be having a good laugh, not all players are like wendell who lap the fans and the media, some of the red v functions i've been too some of the players look uncomfortable.

Doug2234

First Grade
at the fan day weyman was very co-operative, talking and signing autographs, he does come across as a guy who might be a bit shy, but when wb2sos unwrapped his veryone loves weyman banner he was pretty stoked,he and dean young seemed to be having a good laugh, not all players are like wendell who lap the fans and the media, some of the red v functions i've been too some of the players look uncomfortable.

Yeah some are too hard on the fellas. They are football players first and foremost.... media and dealing with supports comes in time.

Weyman was only playing a few games a year in Canberra remember. This year is a whole different scenario for Weyman. He has played for NSW, labelled as the next big thing for Props, he has his own banner and is playing consistent football nearly every week!!

Sas2200

Juniors
ah well thats good to see, though when he was on dragons tv behind us at one of the games at Kogarah, we spent bout 4-5 minutes chanting his name, he turned around then turned back....

cheers for that pat!

Latest posts