What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Minute Penalty???

Vicious

Bench
Why wasn`t a penalty given to the Cowboys on the last play of the game?
Minichiello dropped the ball that ws then picked up by another Roosters player in an offside position.It doesn`t matter if their is only 1 second on the clock,if a penalty is warranted the rules say it should still be given.

stubbsie

Juniors
Simpkins wouldn't have done it he would have copped heaps in the channel nine commentry box by Phil Gould.

Glen

Bench
Yes, clear cut penalty. Cowboys should have got a penalty also when they did the short kickoff, Minachello spilt it then decked the Cowboys player going for the ball for no reason.

Kiwi

First Grade
Of course there was gonna be no penalty, the ref and touchies didn't want to have to answer to Mr Finch if it resulted in a try.

Paullyboy

Coach
Think about it

If Simpkins awards that penalty, there is a massive chance the Roosters lose.

Now consider who is deciding who will be the GF referee, Oh it couldnt possibly be one of the Rooster's daddies could it?

redVgirl

Juniors
yeh that totally pissed me off! absolutely disgraceful. frankly i thought his whole game was pretty piss weak...ricketson shoulda been given more than just put on report. dodgy!

Moggles

Juniors
The refereeing over the weekend was nothing short of pathetic..
Tim Mander was calling held way too soon.

miccle

Bench
Absolute farce.

I booed that decision for a good 5 minutes after the siren. I was a total joke.. and I don't care how many gooster fans bagged me for doing it.

rossy

Juniors
Rightly or wrongly, it was ruled accidental offside. That means a scrum.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/26/1096137105246.html

=====================

Tick, tick, tick ... how knock-on KO'd Cowboys
By Alex Brown and Steve Mascord
September 27, 2004

Three seconds to play. Anthony Minichiello knocks on.

Five Cowboys forwards rush to pack a scrum. Predictably, with a three-point lead and a grand final berth on the line, no Roosters are in sight.

But without a sixth and final North Queensland forward on hand, the clock continues ticking. Three, two, one. Referee Paul Simpkins blows full-time.

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
it doesn't matter as there should have been one tackle anyway (putting aside the fact it was a cast iron penalty anyway) ... i hate both clubs but i hope canterbury win simply for steve price who i remember coming into a very ordinary canterbury side (rd 92-3) as a very ordinary lock but is someone who has worked at his game and stood as a genuine good bloke in a club that has some dubious characters playing and some absolute filth for supporters .. note some

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
it was a farce and a rort .. finch dived to get his hands on it ... with this sort of form easts' great supporters could prob even fill henson pk next season should they move back to their spiritual home

rossy

Juniors
What dribble are you going on about? What support? The Roosters had the biggest home crowd average of the Sydney clubs this year. Look after your own backyard.

Raider_69

Post Whore
rossy said:
Rightly or wrongly, it was ruled accidental offside. That means a scrum.

thats all well and good but it wasnt accidental, the ball was dropped and finch who was infront of mini grabbed the ball, it didnt just bounce into him, he grab it, that is intentional :arrow: OFFSIDE :arrow: Penalty Cowboys