What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late Mail: DA rules Inu out

mickdo

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/inu-ruled-out/2009/09/17/1252780409431.html

Centre Krisnan Inu has been ruled out for the Eels. Inu missed the 25-12 win over St George Illawarra in the first week of the finals with a hamstring injury and was racing against time to be fit for this game. The plan was to test him by having him run at training yesterday, but things didn't even get that far. ''Krisnan won't be playing,'' Eels coach Daniel Anderson told the Herald. ''His hamstring hadn't improved enough for him to be tested at this stage. Jonathan Wright will play in the centres.''

The Titans had a training run at the SFS last night. Coach John Cartwright said afterwards he expected to go in with his selected team, but would have to check on five-eighth Mat Rogers, who was concussed against Brisbane last weekend, fullback Preston Campbell (knee) and reserve back William Zillman (knee) this morning. ''William is a bit of a concern, but I'm pretty sure we'll be OK,'' Cartwright said.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd rather Kris.

There was an article about how the Titans let in alot more tries on their right defense. That;'s where INU can take advantage of.

However, Mateo also camps there too so hopefully some good breaks.

I just want Jono to defend well and play no mistake football

jono

Juniors
Mateo is due for a blinder , didn't get much time last week as the game needed shoring up , and as soon as he forced the pass , he was replaced . Titans very similar to Tigers in their approach to a game, and Mateo can thrive in this kind of match.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id rather Inu, but Jono will do his job. Jono actually looked fine last week when we had set plays going, just needs to hold the friggin ball.

I hope Wright has a great game.

He just seems to miss straight forward tackles and can't hold the ball. Is he just capable of holding the fort for one more game.

wittyz chick

Coach
C'mon Jono, prove the doubters wrong.. I know how well you can play :D

Please I know half the people here would prefer Inu, who wouldn't go for an experienced 1st grader over someone who's played what 4? NRL games. But have faith in Jono.. please don't stuff up Jono

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Not many are Jono doubters as much as INU fans. Hopefully we'll get through and he'll make his much vaunted come back int he dogs prelim.

Wright will hopefully be a bit more solid with a few big games under his belt.

Must have been daunting, running into that hostile Kogarah crowd; did better against same crowd next week - hopefully, this experience along with the partisan Eels stadium should see him settle.

Fitz

Juniors
Mateo is due for a blinder , didn't get much time last week as the game needed shoring up , and as soon as he forced the pass , he was replaced . Titans very similar to Tigers in their approach to a game, and Mateo can thrive in this kind of match.

LOL...Mateo is sh*t

strider

Post Whore
wouldn't you love to see jono carve them up ... it'd just make the ride all that much more fun

i won't be expecting too much tho - a solid game will make me happy

Gronk

Staff member
wouldn't you love to see jono carve them up ... it'd just make the ride all that much more fun

i won't be expecting too much tho - a solid game will make me happy

Does he actually have a "carve" in his game ? I know he's probably been instructed to just lump the ball up and don't try anything silly, but I've not seen him offer anything remotely flashy yet.

Latest posts