What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest IMG proposals for Super League

Wb1234

Immortal
So Hull FC is the final team in SL?

If they have another bad year the performance factor of the grading could lead to relegation next year if a club below has an improved grading score?
Only way they get relegated is if they go broke

Still get massive crowds even when they are useless

The Daddy3

Juniors
Well, the worst kept secret is now officially out. Loads of opinions but I do feel for London & Toulouse and in time my gut feeling is that this will hamper the development of SuperLeague. If they could eventually get to a 14 team league it may be too late for these clubs and the sport will retreat to the M62 corridor. Personally, I think that’s a shame but we’re kind of used to setbacks over here. I know that would be at expense of Bradford who now look a mile away from SL. The dilapidated and outdated Odsal has cost the club, city and League dearly in the rankings. I know I’m biased but the Bulls in superleague just has to be a better option than some of the teams in there, but good luck to them. They’ve scored the points and everyone knew the criteria. I suppose the question for teams from B graded clubs outside superleague is where do we go from here? Time will tell…
Agree with the sentiment of this. The IMG approach focuses and puts all the emphasis on individual clubs but I don't see any strategy in regards to the overall direction of the sport and how it plans to make the SL competition more appealing to broader audiences. Another opportunity lost, I've said it many times and I'll say it again. RL in the UK is crying out for an independent commission. This whole mess is the result of clubs having their individual needs prioritised over the health of the sport

Pippen94

First Grade
Agree with the sentiment of this. The IMG approach focuses and puts all the emphasis on individual clubs but I don't see any strategy in regards to the overall direction of the sport and how it plans to make the SL competition more appealing to broader audiences. Another opportunity lost, I've said it many times and I'll say it again. RL in the UK is crying out for an independent commission. This whole mess is the result of clubs having their individual needs prioritised over the health of the sport

NRL come in and pick out top European teams & start new league.

Wb1234

Immortal
Well, the worst kept secret is now officially out. Loads of opinions but I do feel for London & Toulouse and in time my gut feeling is that this will hamper the development of SuperLeague. If they could eventually get to a 14 team league it may be too late for these clubs and the sport will retreat to the M62 corridor. Personally, I think that’s a shame but we’re kind of used to setbacks over here. I know that would be at expense of Bradford who now look a mile away from SL. The dilapidated and outdated Odsal has cost the club, city and League dearly in the rankings. I know I’m biased but the Bulls in superleague just has to be a better option than some of the teams in there, but good luck to them. They’ve scored the points and everyone knew the criteria. I suppose the question for teams from B graded clubs outside superleague is where do we go from here? Time will tell…
Bradford have higher crowds in the champ than Salford and the giants

The giants should’ve been booted they offer nothing to super league

Wb1234

Immortal
Img criteria based on a comp which resembles the nswrl in the 1930

And now no promotion for ? 3 years

The only way a current super league club will lose their spot is if they go broke

The Daddy3

Juniors
To show how dumb the criteria was they used crowds and finances for clubs so clubs like Toulose or Bradford received lower scores in these areas against super league clubs like Salford or the giants which if they weren’t in super league would’ve had lower scores
Yep and even worse London not getting a full score on catchment area despite being the only pro club for miles.
Also no scores given for academy/juniors.

Absolute shitshow

Wb1234

Immortal
Yep and even worse London not getting a full score on catchment area despite being the only pro club for miles.

Absolute shitshow
I think if super league can stabilise at these lower levels and start growing again longer term it could do well

The money and growth from the nrl over the next 10 - 20 years will drag along super league (and France) with it

London toulose and Bradford need to be In super league with the giants being booted

Perth Red

Post Whore
To show how dumb the criteria was they used crowds and finances for clubs so clubs like Toulose or Bradford received lower scores in these areas against super league clubs like Salford or the giants which if they weren’t in super league would’ve had lower scores
Eh? They are trying to make clubs stronger. Why wouldn’t you measure customer base and finances? They are two critical elements of any business lol

Perth Red

Post Whore

Absolute shitshow
Agreed academy and reserve grade is a big missing element. Hopefully they’re concentrating on the revenue areas first to get clubs stabilised then they could bring in some other missing elements like player development.

Latest posts