What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Telegraph Bashing

Doug2234

First Grade
City vs Country is a waste of time of the highest order.

f**k who cares really... Seems Mr Colley is holding onto his one big pay check he gets each year..

TheRev

First Grade
Country are perfectly in their rights to be angry (especially if all the stars do it), but they will get over it, pick some young kids who are keen to impress and make a name for themselves.

I can only assume Cooper knows that his body has a limited number of games in it, so im ok with him opting out of City v Country. It is probably reducing his chances to play for NSW, but again im very happy to see him putting StGeorge > All else.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I was listening to BSB this morning and they TK and Slats (big Manly Fan) said that the Tele had got it horribly wrong
1. Coops wants to play for country but
2. Can't train early in the week because of his prior injuries
3. Hates it affecting his general rep chances

This was clearly conveyed to Country selectors who chose not to include Coops. When you consider how long they leave shadow players in place for "stars" who can't train with rep teams it's a load of crap

Tele also has it today that City : Country rep players get $1500 for playing the game
That's $1500 for a week of hard training and playing an elite, high grossing game of footy
Would you do it?

sting

Bench
I don't see the issue? Coops not being able to train all week disturbs the country line up and hampers their combinations. At saints he's been there for years and knows his role and his teammates so doesn't need a full weeks training hence why he can play for us.
They can't expect him to start training with his country teammates on Thursday and be right for Friday nights game!

Gaba

First Grade
what about the allstars game, inglis and a few others pull out they rather get over injury and play for their clubs .

City vs country is similar its an exhibition game

TheRev

First Grade
what about the allstars game, inglis and a few others pull out they rather get over injury and play for their clubs .

City vs country is similar its an exhibition game

Its such a good opportunity for young kids to get their first taste of rep football, and for us as fans to see some new talent come through, like id love to see how Soward went in a City Country game.

Dragon

Coach
City V country is such a waste of time. Nobody gets selected for NSW based on their performance in this farce, its a f*cking joke

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1. Coops wants to play for country but
2. Can't train early in the week because of his prior injuries
3. Hates it affecting his general rep chances

This was clearly conveyed to Country selectors who chose not to include Coops. When you consider how long they leave shadow players in place for "stars" who can't train with rep teams it's a load of crap
Doesn't surprise that it's a beat up from the tabloid.

Of course Saints will name him in the side in the hope that he'll be match fit come Saturday. It's the extra day that he might need.

It's quite possible Cooper is in doubt for Saturday's game at Brookvale.

God-King Dean

Immortal
"As far as I'm concerned, his attitude stinks...."

One team's trash is another team's treasure.

He says his attitude stinks; Dragons would say his attitude is sublime.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I don't see the issue? Coops not being able to train all week disturbs the country line up and hampers their combinations. At saints he's been there for years and knows his role and his teammates so doesn't need a full weeks training hence why he can play for us.
They can't expect him to start training with his country teammates on Thursday and be right for Friday nights game!

This is the exact reason. It makes obvious sense to most people except the Country selectors and the Telecrap.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It's quite possible Cooper is in doubt for Saturday's game at Brookvale.

While I hope he plays, it would be ironic if he didn't play.

I'd be interesting to see what Jock (please tell me that's a typo & not his real name) Colly would have to say about Cooper again.

Ulysseus

Bench
As a Manly fan I have no problem with him playing against us

Thankyou BE.
I also would have preferred that all the Manly and Saints players involved ditched the city versus country crap and made the club game a better spectacle.
The two form teams and it is going to be somewhat punctuated by players involved in the test and this sh*t "rep trial".
I don't think the ones playing for Australia had a choice unfortunately.

As for the people in the article calling Cooper a disgrace and all the other names under the sun, perhaps some of the old merkins should grow some hair on the balls between their legs once they drop and go say it to his face.
I'm sure you'll have the same views after he picks you up with one arm and throws you clean out the door :x

Frankly I'd like to punch "Mr" Colley fair in the f**king mouth with a set of chrome knuckle dusters.
You may not be a disgrace Colley, but you are one whiney little f**king bitch, do the game a favor, light the ends of your tampon and blow your box apart.

northernsaint

Juniors
Cool Rex, fully agree. Cooper has done his bit & if not fully fit on Monday but a chance for Saturday what are these wankers at the telegraph on about.

Where does this excuse for a newspaper get off? If I were Coops I'd definitely have my legal rep examine the possibility of a defamation suit against the low-lifes that allowed this rubbish to go to press. Basically they are calling the guy a liar. If that's not slandering someone's reputation without any proof what so ever, then I don't know what is.
Hopefully someone will go all the way and bring Rothfield and Co. down one day. You can only get away with this type of gutter press for so long.

And this Jock Colley dude - I hope there are no skeletons in his closet (when he comes out of it).
Must be hard up for some media attention on the BIG City Country clash (whoopee), and just trying to get a big spread on the back page - at Coops expense...

Divine

Bench
Cooper is no doubt a veteran these days. He has absolutely nothing to prove. The one thing that has eluded him in his career is an NRL premiership. He's injury prone (as he was last year with his niggling injury that wouldn't come right) and would be devastated if he couldn't take his place in the thrust towards a GF victory. And for what? A money spinner. City/ Country WAS a great tradition back in the day...Now it's a stepping stone to nowhere.

Last edited:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I agree Divine. CC is nothing these days. Matty should just be concerned with playing for the Saints this year. He's never won a comp and this is his biggest chance. He has been in great form recently and will continue it. I don't mind if he plays for NSW or not. But what's this with having a "bad attitude"....I haven't seen anything that would indicate that.

And hi guys. I'm back.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
crucifix.jpg

Latest posts