What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latimore

ozbash

Referee
Good signing or not ?

He looks very promising as far as I'm concerned. Going to be a very big boy when he fills out ?

Meth

Staff member
I like him. Does the job. No nonsense.

He played less than 30 minutes on the weekend though. Is that what we expect?

Iafeta

Referee
He plays a fairly average role, nothing to stand out. However, I don't doubt his work ethic. When Norman made a big bust against us last week, the first bloke back trying to stop the play was Latimore. I thought that was a huge effort and then in the second half he played a beautiful pass onto McKinnon to put Ropati over.

Decent, not outstanding.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Anyones better than Royal.

Mistake free, gets smashed a bit he'll be good after a few more games, how old is he?

One Warrior

Bench
Yeah when Price comes back, Latimore stays and Royal goes, or Royal goes now and Lillyman becomes a bench prop and bring Ta'ai on to the bench.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
see him in the luck/lillyman frame...and we all know what most on here think of those two :roll:

Meth

Staff member
I like Luck and Lillyman.

I don't think Lillyman was a great signing, but they are playing some good, no-nonsense football and those type of footballers are essential to do anything else.

Martli

Coach
I think the point is that we've got heaps of forwards playing that rather bland "no nonsense" football and it somewhat limits our attacking potential. Yeah, we need players like Luck and Lillyman, but we also need balance between flair and work ethic which is maybe not quite right yet, but not far off (imo). I have been pretty impressed with Luck this year though, he's been showing a lot more attack than previous seasons which is a good sign, especially with Mannering out.

Scottey

Juniors
Yeah he's not that big. Whoever keeps saying 'those massive Warriors forwards' is kidding themselves. Manly looked enormous next to us. Even if Pricey isn't that intimidating kind of forward at least he brings a bit of size.

Meth

Staff member
I think the point is that we've got heaps of forwards playing that rather bland "no nonsense" football and it somewhat limits our attacking potential. Yeah, we need players like Luck and Lillyman, but we also need balance between flair and work ethic which is maybe not quite right yet, but not far off (imo). I have been pretty impressed with Luck this year though, he's been showing a lot more attack than previous seasons which is a good sign, especially with Mannering out.

I agree

The disappointment last year was not that Luck and Lillyman played the games they always have; it's that Mannering, Matulino etc seemed to conform to their likeness.

ozbash

Referee
I agree

The disappointment last year was not that Luck and Lillyman played the games they always have; it's that Mannering, Matulino etc seemed to conform to their likeness.

ah yes, the old 'Cleary' mould... mold..

Scottey

Juniors
This guy needs to get more involved. He should have been taking hit ups when McKinnon was against the Panthers.

Meth

Staff member
He was piss poor v the Panthers- not enough minutes, not enough work when he was on the field

Rich102

Staff member
We need a bit of mongrel.
Ivan doesn't like mongrel.
Hence no more Ervan or Sione.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
We need a bit of mongrel.
Ivan doesn't like mongrel.
Hence no more Ervan or Sione.

Mongrel Evarn and Sione? what tha......

Mate Mongrel is the hard bastards who play hard who are watched by the opposition and seen as highly competitive players who hate being the loser, known to go over the top some times and get suspeneded, on the field Sione went over the top off it!

1, Sione got fired due Alcoholic issues, not fired because Ivan didnt want his apparent mongrel haha

2 Evarn didnt get a contract extention more than likely because he was due for a rise because he made the Kiwis for world cup and therefore became an international, and because the Warriors make stupid employment decisions! not no new contract because of his apparent mongrel. You could almost call him a nice guy with an occasional angry face on.