What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latimore

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'd rather keep ta'ai playing around 40-50 minutes at the back end of each half, i think he'd be pretty damaging there.

MKEB...

Staff member
I honestly cant see much of a problem with Latimore. The kid is young, and what I have seen has a bit of potential. He looks like a player in the Price/Bailey mould and with a couple of years perseverance I reckon he will be one of them. How long was it before Rapira hit his straps? Three seasons? He is willing to take the ball up and has a decent offload, I still havent seen any brain explosions like those of some of our TYC players yet.

Perservere methinks

Martli

Coach
I honestly cant see much of a problem with Latimore. The kid is young, and what I have seen has a bit of potential. He looks like a player in the Price/Bailey mould and with a couple of years perseverance I reckon he will be one of them. How long was it before Rapira hit his straps? Three seasons? He is willing to take the ball up and has a decent offload, I still havent seen any brain explosions like those of some of our TYC players yet.

Perservere methinks

Yeah, and I'll still maintain that prop is one of those positions that is hard to make the transition in. Bit of time, some mentoring form Price and Wiki and he could be a pretty decent player for us in the coming years.

Rich102

Staff member
Yep. Seems to lack a bit of confidence but has all the skills. Worth persevering with.

One Warrior

Bench
The Warriors' decision to give prop Jeremy Latimore another season means Logan Swann can breathe easy: he remains the only former NRL-playing real estate agent in town.
The former Junior Kangaroos prop, who plays his eighth game for the Warriors from the bench against the Dragons today, can keep his real estate licence locked away for another 12 months after learning the club will take up a one-year option. The Warriors have also told Brett Seymour and Ukuma Ta'ai they will be exercising the same clauses in their deals.
"I think I'm staying, so that's good," said Latimore, signed from Parramatta this year. "I am still waiting to hear [officially], but hopefully I am, I want to stay."
Latimore and his mentor, Eels prop Nathan Cayless, worked one day a week last year at a Sydney estate agency, cold-calling for property listings, and he intends to consult Swann, now an agent for Ray White, for career tips. But there's no hurry now, and Latimore hopes that securing a third season in the NRL has given him long-term prospects. "It's up to me, but the average career is 44 games and I don't want to be less than that."
Latimore made a significant initial impression at the Warriors. He arrived pre-season still match-fit from the Eels' run to the grand final and was first home when trainer Craig Walker demanded the players complete four laps of the main field at Mt Smart inside five minutes. Louis Brown may have overtaken him since, but the 190cm, 108kg Latimore remains mobile for a frontrower.
Despite sitting down the queue for game time, Latimore has no quibble with the Warriors' pursuit of an immediate frontrow recruit after Sam Rapira's knee injury and Steve Price's enduring absence.
"You look at the amount of experience lost with Sam and Steve and you can't replace that, so I understand why there is that talk, but when I am there I will do the best job I can. I don't expect to come in and play 45-50 minutes, I am nowhere near that ability yet."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3781421/Warriors-prop-Jeremy-Latimore-the-real-deal

Looks like the club is persevering with Latimore for 2011, as well as Seymour and Ta'ai.