What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell is not a fullback

Bazal

Post Whore
I always thought Adam Curhbertson was a pretty lazy footy player.
Then I realised I was wrong. He is too white to be lazy.

I thought Tony Williams and Feleti Mateo were lazy AF...but is that racist or not? They aren't indigenous Australians but they also are not white.

Vee

First Grade
Hmmm there is an argument to say Latrell wouldn't make that team better.

You want to argue that Edwards wouldn't make souths worse though?
They wouldn't have as much strikepower but they'd be better in other ways, they'd have to change their style.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm there is an argument to say Latrell wouldn't make that team better.

You want to argue that Edwards wouldn't make souths worse though?

Do Souths improve having only one mercurial deadshit (Walker) instead of two? Edwards isn't half the attacker Fatrell is, but he's a much improved player and importantly he's reliable in set plays...hard to say they'd be worse, but it would change how they play

Apey

Staff member
F^ck me you are a delusional merkin. Laziness is laziness doesn’t matter if they’re white, dark or yellow. Has nothing to do with their ‘certain background’ no one ever bloody said that.
He's the only one that ever makes it about race. The irony.

Pippen94

First Grade
Who has said he hasn't worked hard?

On the field, in comparison to most other fullbacks, he is lazy as f**k.

You will just have to deal with it.

You're all over the place to defend prejudice

Two things only from me.
1. A shitty debating tactic is labelling someone a racist for the use of one word. It’s shitty tactic where its only purpose is to shut down debate.
2. You must be a kid and therefore new to the game if you think a player with a 200+ game career is obscure. So there’s no point arguing with a kid because like Oscar Wilde once said, I’m not young enough to know everything.

So Taylor is now on same standing as GI, Artie, Latrell?! Besides I never heard Taylor called lazy but tell me a great white player who's been labelled that?!

Age is no defense for ignorance. Words sure can be racist. See debate over use of word mercurial in afl. Whether intentional or otherwise certain words perpetuate long standing stereotypes.

Funny you reference Oscar Wilde a gay man. Keep it up, amusing to be lectured on bigotry on forum where homophobic putdowns are passed off as wit.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Edwards comparison is an interesting one as they couldn’t be further apart as far as player types.

To me they are both perfect fits for their respective teams. The Panthers have play makers at 6/7/9 and heavy strike weapons on the edge, so having a safe supportive meter eater style fullback suits them.

Souths 6/7/9 really only has Walker as a play maker, their threat is through a long shift after a quick Murray/Cook PTB. So need a fullback who can do something in the 20 in a 3 on 3 situation.

An example I’d give is if they both played for the tigers in 2022. If Edwards was our fullback I’d still have us getting the wooden spoon, he’s not the type of guy who improves a shit team, moreso compliments a good one. However if Latrell was our fullback he’d win us games against other shit teams on his own and we’d probably end up around 11th/12th.

Vic Mackey

Referee

So Taylor is now on same standing as GI, Artie, Latrell?! Besides I never heard Taylor called lazy but tell me a great white player who's been labelled that?!

Age is no defense for ignorance. Words sure can be racist. See debate over use of word mercurial in afl. Whether intentional or otherwise certain words perpetuate long standing stereotypes.

Funny you reference Oscar Wilde a gay man. Keep it up, amusing to be lectured on bigotry on forum where homophobic putdowns are passed off as wit.

mate if you’re legit arguing that you never saw Dave Taylor get called lazy then it’s proof that you’re either:

a) not an actual footy fan

b) purely looking for outrage

c) both

Fangs

Coach
I think lazy and fat go hand in hand. Like Jack Bird at the Broncos. He is still fat but more useful now he stays on the field.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Openly gay members on here don't get given any shit you sooky little bitch

This Year?

Immortal
LU is such a melting pot sometimes. I'm not sure if people are legit trolling or actually believe some of the stuff they post.
I propose the mods make that word filter thingy change the word "lazy" into another word just for lols.

Keep fighting the good fight and thank you for giving me something to read with my morning coffee.

Bazal

Post Whore
Look what happened to me when I called it out; I was labelled a child, a Karen, woke. Told to f..off by numerous members. Yeah, ppl are OK with it sure!!

When and by whom?

You wouldn't even answer when asked to point out what was homophobic in the Panthers match thread. Actually there seems to be a pattern of you not answering questions

Valheru

Coach
Usman is a child;

Uzzy is a good batsmen but as lazy as it gets when it comes to Fielding.

Shane Warne (heard of him?) is another I would describe as a lazy fielder. Assume you don't have an issue with that?

So anyone on not on the elite level of Artie or GI is obscure, righto. Let go of those straws, son

Gobsmacked

Bench
The people calling racism aren't helping. Instead of any self reflection and accepting criticism- using it to improve! He has an out and doesn't have to accept any role he played or didn't play.
You couldn't invent a better way to hold someone back then support them in their claims of racism.
Jonathan Thurston was one of the best and hardest working players ever and everyone called it that way!

There needs to be a conversation like:
If you want to be fullback, you need to be this weight and be doing these numbers on a beep test - simple.
Call the beep racist....

So anyone on not on the elite level of Artie or GI is obscure, righto. Let go of those straws, son

Even Artie was called "fat and lazy" when he was playing, including by sections of the media (he talked about it in his autobiography). Some of it went back to when he was at the SCG with mates, it was his turn to do the drink/food run, and a well known Tigers supporter saw him stuffing pies into his overcoat pockets as he had too many to carry. That's where the "Pie eater" nickname came from. Heck after his debut game for Australia where he only played the first half, he was called "Half a game Artie". All Beetson did was work harder to show his knockers they were wrong. Many of his team mates said Arthur was one of the fittest players around, especially when he was at the Roosters.

Last edited: