What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell for 1 mil a season?

Should we offer Mitchell 1 mil a season?

• yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

Frank Facer

First Grade
Canterbury have apparently offered Mitchell 1 mil a season over 5 years, starting 2021. Easts have apparently said they are not going to get into a bidding war. Should we enter the race for his signature and should we go to 1 mil a season for him?

If we did sign him for 1 mil a season, it would have to be with the idea of playing him fullback. he would probably be the best fullback we could sign, but it would cost us. I would be in the market for him, if I was our recruitment officer. We do have Widdop money, minus what we have to pay Norman. Mitchell would be a genuine marquee player. I think we would be a better proposition than Canterbury, but being located in Woolongong could be a minus.

I doubt we will sign Mitchell. I think he will end up at Souths and they will just use Inglis's money to pay Mitchell 1 mil a year or so.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If I was him Id want 3m a season to play under Mary , by the time he finishes playing under him he will be washed. Up ......
It's ironic that the reason the club gave for re signing Mary was for stability, but if the reports are true, and players or players managers don't want to play under Mary, then the re signing of Mary is already working against us for the future.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Nick won't let him go anywhere if he thinks he's worth keeping long term. If he doesn't fight hard for him then i would be concerned that he is a ticking time bomb. No one knows the kid better than the Roosters hierarchy so if it turns out to be a no from them, i'd have real reservations. It's a lot of salary cap if he goes off the rails.
In saying that, i really hope he he comes good and has a long career, i just love watching him play when he's on his game regardless of what jersey he is wearing.

Crush

Coach
I'd only sign Latrell on very short contracts. He's likely to go off the rails at some stage.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Not a chance in Hell.....it would be like giving the keys to Stevie wonder to drive a Ferrari with our peanut coach.
He can turn centres to shit in a single bounce! Forget it.....Next!

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Mary would play him ion the front row.

No to Mitchell - very patchy and he is not fit enough to play fullback as some have suggested.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Nick won’t have to pay a $1 million a year to keep him because remember Rooster players play for less to stay at the club ( cough, cough, embarrassed silence). Also TPAs will come out of the woodwork.

BLM01

First Grade
Canterbury have apparently offered Mitchell 1 mil a season over 5 years, starting 2021. Easts have apparently said they are not going to get into a bidding war. Should we enter the race for his signature and should we go to 1 mil a season for him?

If we did sign him for 1 mil a season, it would have to be with the idea of playing him fullback. he would probably be the best fullback we could sign, but it would cost us. I would be in the market for him, if I was our recruitment officer. We do have Widdop money, minus what we have to pay Norman. Mitchell would be a genuine marquee player. I think we would be a better proposition than Canterbury, but being located in Woolongong could be a minus.

I doubt we will sign Mitchell. I think he will end up at Souths and they will just use Inglis's money to pay Mitchell 1 mil a year or so.
I'd take him but have mind on the job and no drug insurance policies all over his contract in our favour....just incase ;).

Wittenberg

Juniors
I personally think Latrell is no fullback, and certainly no 5/8 at this point in his career. A million for a centre, nope. Great skills but his defensive reads can be poor. I fear he might become a little too difficult to handle. He is heading that way already.

Bench
Nope and No, when he on song, no one better, if the opposition gets in his face he just goes through the motions and becomes a grub.