What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

latrell mitchells wc chances?

Latrell Mitchell is a phenomenon, but is only 19. Latrell Mitchell will be picked for the Australian side for the 2021 world cup, which will be held in the UK and France.

Perth Red

Post Whore
selection not helped by the fact rep teams seem to insist on filling those spots with players who are fullbacks. Some great attacking wingers in NRL but don't get a sniff of rep jerseys, if you're a fullback however well find room for you.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't think any consensus can be formed without input from Albert, Stevo and Kumgl for starters.

All the peanuts from the gallery should chime in.

Ooh original

Is this is a Joke or Troll thread?

Isn't he still playing reserve grade cause he's a lazy fat merkin?

Incorrect on both counts.
He is not in reserve grade, and I doubt it's a joke thread since people on here seem obsessed with throwing him into rep sides, mostly non-Roosters fan.

But for Pudge and Beaver's benefit I will chime in to help reach a consensus. He's 2 years and a major attitude improvement from Origin selection, and I don't think Kangaroos should be picked without playing Origin first.

Lambretta

First Grade
An Australian indigenous team would probably win the WC

I know I was a trollin' but if that did happen the Semi Final would be

Queensland, Aboriginal team, England, New Zealand
Australia (which is basically NSW) would have been beaten 27 times by Queensland for lols by the time the Semi's roll round.

Remi Casty will lead France to glory.

France must first beat "Australians with Lebanese parents" in the pool rounds. However if Morgan Escare, Tony Gigot, Fouad Yaha, Theo Fages, Lucas Albert, William Barthau, Julien Bousquet, Eloi Pelissier, Mickael Simon, Gadwin Springer, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Julien and Jason Baitieri are all fit to play then Captain Casty will lead France to glory.

_snafu_

Immortal
France must first beat "Australians with Lebanese parents" in the pool rounds. However if Morgan Escare, Tony Gigot, Fouad Yaha, Theo Fages, Lucas Albert, William Barthau, Julien Bousquet, Eloi Pelissier, Mickael Simon, Gadwin Springer, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Julien and Jason Baitieri are all fit to play then Captain Casty will lead France to glory.

What if Jarryd Hayne has a dream playing for France?

I've seen enough to Latrell to know that whilst talented, he still needs to work on aspects of his game, most notably his reads in defence. He still has a propensity to rush up and in when it is not needed, which puts pressure on those defending outside him. He is working on it, and is no where near as bad as he was against the Broncos and Manly earlier in the season, but he still has work to do in that area.

As such I would not select him yet. There is no need to rush him in yet as it not like there are a shortage of quality three quarters available for Australia. It would be better for his development to have a proper off season.