1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Tommy Smith, Jul 29, 2018.

1. MKCS

MKCS Juniors

I think many would be at their respective clubs for reasons other than money. Don't recall what club it was but there was a story recently of a bunch of players willing to take pay cuts to keep another player in their side. Thinking it might be Manly but not 100% sure?

It's like any employer really. You enjoy the people, the players, the staff, the fans etc. Makes it hard to leave especially if you've been there for many years.

Money plays a big part in it all but I don't think it's the sole reason why most guys are at their respective clubs.

2. Chook Norris

Chook Norris First Grade

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/11...rious-about-switch-well-re-open-negotiations/

The Roosters have indicated they would release Mitchell for the 2020 Telstra Premiership and Hagipantelis believes Politis would support him joining the Tigers.

"I have spoken to Nick Politis and I don’t have any doubt about that, I am sure the Nick would be supportive of that," Hagipantelis said.

"Nick has been incredibly transparent throughout this process. He has called me chairman to chairman as a professional courtesy, which I am very appreciative of, and kept us informed."

3. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

Yeah, your ESP works so well :rolleyes: You better get back to the carnival as I hear you might lose your fortune telling job :p

4. betcats

betcats Coach

Politis seems to be going above and beyond trying to offload the guy.

5. no name

no name Coach

I said in the Tamou post ‘if you believe the media.’
    Do you think there has been a difference in the reporting between these two similar contract negotiations?

I don’t think it’s the media’s fault that club’s aren’t interested. I don’t believe that he is short of options.

6. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Good guy Politis handing Tigers our best* player out of the goodness of his heart

7. betcats

betcats Coach

:rolleyes:
    Ive already said I think there has been a huge difference in the way Latrell has handled it compared to Tamou, of course the stories being written are different. Tamou didn't stuff anyone around did he? He didn't burn his bridges at his current club did he? You are way off.

Basically you are just inventing your own narrative here in defence of Latrell and refusing to believe any of the many reports that have him making mistakes. And yeah sure he isn't short of options, he is just not wanted by the roosters and apparently not negotiating with anyone else, sounds like he has a ton of options :rolleyes:

8. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I feel I kicked off this mercenary talk. Being a mercenary doesn't mean not taking the best offer, that is simply being a professional athlete. So far LM hasn't done anything really bad apart from being poorly led by his manager and advisers. Cant really fault a 22 year old kid of that too much.

I see someone with a Mercenary attitude as someone who comes in knowing they will only see out their contract and then move on, or seek to break it at the first chance of something better, while looking after themselves first and foremost above the needs of the team. Hayne at the Titans is the classic example.

9. Wily Ole Dog

Wily Ole Dog Juniors

Mitchell could have signed with Wests weeks ago. Cleary it’s his least favoured option. Tigers looking pathetic to continually court him when he doesn’t want them

Vee likes this.
  10. fowlster

fowlster Juniors

More proof that we are a sweet and benevolent club

11. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

Is your last name Moses by any chance?

12. Raudonikis

Raudonikis Juniors

I had word today he is going to parra on 600 grand first year..its all been hush hush

13. Knight76

Knight76 Juniors

Papers quoting LM saying stuff like "I'm going to go and get mine" etc etc if true is a poor way to put your self forward.

Now sure, papers are going to do with they do and print BS to sell copy, but there has to be some truth to this sort of behaviour with the Roosters withdrawing their offer, and Wests also withdrawing theirs.

You don't just "not have room" for a talent like LM.

14. THE CHAMP

THE CHAMP First Grade

He would fit in perfectly at the broncos with their proud indigenous history. Matterson Kilroy Renouf Sailor Yow Yeh Thiaday Hodges and Mitchell works for me

15. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

We already have the best backline in the comp and don’t need a lazy merkin like him

16. Spot On

Spot On Coach

You blokes have enough problems.

Give the new coach a chance.

17. Spot On

Spot On Coach

You've almost made a post that is approaching half true.

Congrats!

18. betcats

betcats Coach

He has said and done all the wrong things, the people in denial about this seem pretty naïve to me. It has been obvious for a while he not handling himself well, if you want to maximise your value you toe the line, act professional and say the right things and this isn't for my satisfaction or any other fan, I don't care how he acts personally, he should be doing that so clubs don't think paying him a million plus is big f**king risk, if he was acting professional he'd have numerous clubs pursuing him. Instead he is talking about what he is entitled to bringing up things in interviews that happened months ago. There is not one NRL CEO or Chairman who would've looked at him talking about the roosters negotiations, fitler and the blues in that interview and thought it was a good move on Latrells behalf, im sure most saw a guy doing an interview without club permission and talking about things that happened behind closed doors(contract negotiations no less) as another red flag.

19. King hit

King hit Coach

Love Latrell but he has pissed me of this week claiming race was a part of his NSW axing

f**k up wanker

20. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

Except he didnt.....but lets all just lap up what we are fed.