What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lattimore Mcinnes calls

dannyt

Coach
The Souffs bloke is in an offside position, makes no effort to get out of the way and gets a penalty for it. JDB was going to be the Ball runner and that option was taken away.

The NRL needs to find the rule change and tear it up, burn the remains and bury them at sea.
Just simply call play on.

The cynical attempts would never occur as they disadvantage the team if it's play on.

Penalties like last night would not, and should not, be given.

There is nothing to change. The only penalty that should be given is if the defender makes a play at the ball, but even this is not a rule change.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Latimore.....accidental.

McInnes....he tried rolling the dice with another “brain fart”. Sorry folks, he failed.

since77

Juniors
It’s a decision refs make because they’ve been told to. It’s an idiotic rule created after common sense went out the window. Watch as coaches like Bellamy start to exploit this rule with players deliberately lying in the ruck to slow things down. I’ve already lost count of how many times I’ve seen dummy halves from assorted teams have to step side ways, slow down and pass around a defending player to get a pass to the first receiver since this rule was brought in.
Refereeing standards and rule interpretations have been appalling this year.

Gareth67

First Grade
Lats got his big head in the way , every man and his dog knew that he had no idea how to catch a football , including himself , that is the reason why he stop . No harm in that , so no penalty was warranted.

With McInnes that also was highway robbery , you could see the direction of his eyes were on the Dragon player and not that lazy wabbit lying on the ground directly in his line of passing . That was shameful refereeing and one can now look at the Grand Final possibly being decided by a contentious decision.

Last edited:
I am a Dragons man for life. Going on 50 years now. @Dragonsmanforlife is my Twitter acct name.. as I can not change my FRF u/n I can not use @Dragonsmanforlife.. I have two dreams before I cark it. One is that Australia becomes a Republic and that my beloved Dragons become a stand alone club again.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
First of all im happy the Souths winger is fine after that collision but how is it a penalty. Lats didn't even tackle him. The souths winger jumps into Lats. Cant believe he is on report.
Mcinnes pass. Why wasn't it play on. The ball went back. If it wasn't a penalty for us should have been play on. I know they are going to say he was milking it but buy the sleeper on 1 side of the ruck we could only pass the other way. Why should we be disadvantaged in that situation.

I actually thought the Lats one deserved a penalty. The play was right in front of me, and live at the ground, it looked like he could have easily pulled up and waited to tackle the player.

However, the McInness call was a deadset shocker. Should have either been a penalty to us or play on. f**king joke to be honest. I hate pedantic, left feild calls against the attacking team.

Souths were getting away with absolute murder in the ruck all night, wrestling, holding down and laying around dummy half. It was the worst I’ve seen all year by far. So it really pissed me off even more when that call went against McInness.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
McInnes call was pathetic. It wasn’t even Cameron’s intention to throw it into the Souths player! Disgraceful call, which cost us the game.
Stuff Souths... I think I’d rather go for the Chooks next week.
Me too
Or both bash each other into oblivion

ouryears

Bench
If I am not mistaken we are the only team to have been penalised for this. Once against the Dogs and again last night. Neither of which were milked, certainly not like the ones that led to the idiots to over react and making it a penalty instead of play on just like what happens when a dummy half tries to deliberately run into an offside player.

FFS if milking is a penalty where was ours when that cat laid down to get one for a high shot towards the end of the game!
But if in doubt
Why do it
He could have avoided it
He pushed it
Got what it deserved

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Latimore- fair enough but wont go any further.

Mcinness decision: f@#$ing disgraceful. Should be sacked from FG never to return. Personally think he should have rubber hose applied to him while strapped to a chair.

Edit- the referee, not McInnes
If it had been Cameron Smith would have been penalty to storm for sure ,why is it always Dragons on wrong end of vital decissions especially in semi,s ,those game changing decisions are enough to turn me off the game,one of the worse refereeing decisions iv seen in 50 yrs ,wasnt enough said about it by commentaters easy to see who they had their money on ,why not show the vidio sths player was OFF SIDE..

Redhoopz

Juniors
I had no issue with the Lat's call, I think he was trying to time his run so he could put a hit on the moment the South's player landed...just got the timing wrong and tried to pull out.

The McInne's one should've been common sense and play on...He got pinged earlier in the year for the same thing, except the first time he was actually looking at the player in the ruck whereas this time he was looking for the first receiver.

This Year?

Immortal
I actually thought the Lats one deserved a penalty. The play was right in front of me, and live at the ground, it looked like he could have easily pulled up and waited to tackle the player.

However, the McInness call was a deadset shocker. Should have either been a penalty to us or play on. f**king joke to be honest. I hate pedantic, left feild calls against the attacking team.

Souths were getting away with absolute murder in the ruck all night, wrestling, holding down and laying around dummy half. It was the worst I’ve seen all year by far. So it really pissed me off even more when that call went against McInness.

I agree with the Lats one too, to me it looked like he misjudged it badly and luckily the Souths player did't get injured. The McInness one didn't surprise me at all because he got done for it before against Canterbury.

The NRL really need to change that rule because it's an unfair advantage given to a defender being offside. Players try to milk penalties all the time, but what I don't get is why is the ruck one only a penalty against the attacking side? There needs to be common sense applied to the rule. Murray made no effort to clear the ruck by sitting up IMO. If he laid down it shows he has intent to clear the ruck.

Carlton

Juniors
This a press release from when the dummy half rule change was announced.

Referees have been instructed to penalise players for deliberately passing the ball into defending players at the ruck.

All NRL Clubs have been informed of the directive, which will come into effect from Round 12 onwards.

Referees will now rule that if a dummy half deliberately passes the ball into a defending player caught in and around the ruck who is not actively taking part in the play, the act will be deemed to be contrary to the true spirit of the game. A penalty will be awarded against the attacking team.

"What we have seen recently is a bad look for the game, and in simple terms, not in the spirit of the game," NRL Head of Football Brian Canavan said.

"In these instances, if a player deliberately throws the ball into another, the referees will give a penalty to the opposition team.

"This does not absolve a defender of his responsibilities to clear the ruck and the defending team will still be penalised if it is deemed that they are interfering with play."

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/05/24/nrl-announces-rule-change-on-dummy-half-passing/

Based on this a defending player obstructing the dummy half's ability to pass to his runners should have been a penalty to the Dragons.

dannyt

Coach
This a press release from when the dummy half rule change was announced.

Referees have been instructed to penalise players for deliberately passing the ball into defending players at the ruck.

All NRL Clubs have been informed of the directive, which will come into effect from Round 12 onwards.

Referees will now rule that if a dummy half deliberately passes the ball into a defending player caught in and around the ruck who is not actively taking part in the play, the act will be deemed to be contrary to the true spirit of the game. A penalty will be awarded against the attacking team.

"What we have seen recently is a bad look for the game, and in simple terms, not in the spirit of the game," NRL Head of Football Brian Canavan said.

"In these instances, if a player deliberately throws the ball into another, the referees will give a penalty to the opposition team.

"This does not absolve a defender of his responsibilities to clear the ruck and the defending team will still be penalised if it is deemed that they are interfering with play."

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/05/24/nrl-announces-rule-change-on-dummy-half-passing/

Based on this a defending player obstructing the dummy half's ability to pass to his runners should have been a penalty to the Dragons.
You forget who was the ref

Latest posts