What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauititi extends his stay at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun_Down said:
He used to be a machine, absolute machine.

I quoted this because it says alot about where he stopped trying.

At one point he was the best forward in the game. A player that can claim that title does not fall away and become a lazy and over weight because he is trying hard.

ozboy

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
???

Just point out where he stopped trying. Which games. The 4 (I think, or was it 5) at the start of 2004? You'd sack him on the basis of that?

No, I don't blame the NRL btw.

He was sacked, that's the point.

I'm asking what you think was the reason for his sacking 2 years into a 5 year deal ??

Let me guess, it was all a NRL conspiracy.

ozboy said:

haha of course it was a nrl conspiracy, ali lost form and confidence from his injury and the nrl doctors misdiagonsed his injury on purpose.

now tell me whos trying to stop nz playing in the tri nations with the same rules as the other two participants and who is holding back the nz origin happening when it's suppose to.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ozboy said:
He was sacked, that's the point.

I'm asking what you think was the reason for his sacking 2 years into a 5 year deal ??

Are you incapable of staying on topic or answering questions?

In answer to your question- an idiotic management decision.

Now, are you capable of telling me why it was a good decision, with reference to the games in which he played poorly? Because as I have already pointed out, he only played a handful of games in 2003 (some of which he was very good in, including the very last one) and about 4 games in 2004.

ozboy

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Are you incapable of staying on topic or answering questions?

In answer to your question- an idiotic management decision.

Now, are you capable of telling me why it was a good decision, with reference to the games in which he played poorly? Because as I have already pointed out, he only played a handful of games in 2003 (some of which he was very good in, including the very last one) and about 4 games in 2004.

Have a look at him now and you will see why it was a good managerial decision.

All he was, was a one year wonder, rubbish before 2002, and rubbish after 2002.

ozboy

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
haha of course it was a nrl conspiracy, ali lost form and confidence from his injury and the nrl doctors misdiagonsed his injury on purpose.

now tell me whos trying to stop nz playing in the tri nations with the same rules as the other two participants and who is holding back the nz origin happening when it's suppose to.

I'm guessing the width of the field will again be at it's minimum come Tri-Nations time.

How can anyone say that releasing a player that doesnt want to be at the club, who is playing like crap, who gets all emotional when asked to put effort in and is one of the highest paid forwards in the game.....how can getting rid of that be a bad managment decision!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
nospam49™ said:
How can anyone say that releasing a player that doesnt want to be at the club, who is playing like crap, who gets all emotional when asked to put effort in and is one of the highest paid forwards in the game.....how can getting rid of that be a bad managment decision!

He never said he didn't want to be at the club.

I've asked several times for you to point out where he played crap, neither you nor ozboy seem to want to come to the party.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ozboy said:
Have a look at him now and you will see why it was a good managerial decision.

All he was, was a one year wonder, rubbish before 2002, and rubbish after 2002.

Having a look at him now proves nothing. He is living it up in England on massive money. He doesn't even need to try. It says nothing about what he might be doing at the Warriors.

Your analysis of his career is patently incorrect. He was one of the most highly touted Kiwi juniors EVER. His pre 2002 years were far from rubbish. 1998-2000 was certainly frustrating as he turned in some amazing displays off the bench but was held back (imo wrongly) by Mark Graham who preferred to focus on minor flaws and errors in his game instead of the fact that he scored approximately one brilliant individual try for every 20 minutes on the field. Apart from this, he was great value in 2001 as well as 2002.

This is all opinion of course, but the fact that someone calling himself "ozboy" who is obviously on a mission to antagonise Kiwi league supporters is now trying to suggest that he has an educated opinion on Ali Lauiti'iti's career 1998-2001 is laughable.

Thierry Henry said:
He never said he didn't want to be at the club.

I've asked several times for you to point out where he played crap, neither you nor ozboy seem to want to come to the party.

What....do you want dates!

Use you ****ing eyes, he was crap by the time it was all over!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol, when? You don't know do you? You have no idea, you are just talking sh*t.

I'll agree he was crap, for the first 4 (it may have been 5:shock:) games of 2004. I still don't think it's worth tearing up a player's contract and sacking him cos he plays 5 ordinary games.

Do you want dated and times?

Before 2002 he was ok buy playing on petentual.
In 2002 he was brilliant.

From then on...fat, lazy.

That good enough for you or is the fantasy that he played great in every game to hard for you to overcome? :roll:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
?

This may have escaped your attention, but he only played a handful of games in 2003 because of a serious injury. And he was quite good in some of those games (Manly, St George, Penrith).

We are talking here about his sacking from the Warriors. If you are trying to say that he was sacked for poor form then (for the 1000th time) you can only possibly be referring to the first few rounds of 2004. I don't see how it is reasonable to sack a player for a few bad games.

ESL - Wire

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
?

This may have escaped your attention, but he only played a handful of games in 2003 because of a serious injury. And he was quite good in some of those games (Manly, St George, Penrith).

We are talking here about his sacking from the Warriors. If you are trying to say that he was sacked for poor form then (for the 1000th time) you can only possibly be referring to the first few rounds of 2004. I don't see how it is reasonable to sack a player for a few bad games.

He was given choice by his coach, Ali has made his decision which didn't fit into Anderson's plans.
This was down to Ali's attitude towards the club he was playing for, Ali had more important things in his life that were far more important to him. The coach didn't agree and that was the release of Ali.

I remember at the time some ignorant pr*cks were saying that Anderson didnt know how to handle Kiwi players. They SUPPOSEDLY (In their opinion) need support and love. They need someone who will put their arm around them and say "Its OK mate....".

Of course, those Ignorant pr*cks werent the Rubin Wiki's of the world who know you dont get any favours in Rugby League and the only time you get a break is when you retire. Wiki as well as other brilliant Kiwi players build an ENTIRE career on a foundation of hard work.

Thats something the batch of Warriors that are being cleaned out of the club could never understand.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ESL - Wire said:
He was given choice by his coach, Ali has made his decision which didn't fit into Anderson's plans.
This was down to Ali's attitude towards the club he was playing for, Ali had more important things in his life that were far more important to him. The coach didn't agree and that was the release of Ali.

He wasn't given a choice, he said he wanted to stay but that other things in his life were more important.

If rugby league is the most important thing in your life than you have problems.

Once again...he wasnt willing to put in the effort.

Guess what, hwen you being paid a few hundred thousands dollars to play Rugby League....some things need to go on the back burner.

bartman

Immortal
Well, looks like we have differing opinions and circular discussions here, and debate is making no forward progress.

As discussions here have deviated greatly from the original post and away from ESL, I might ask that people now agree to disagree and that we move on and discuss other ESL metters in here?

If people are keen to continue debating Ali's past history and performances at the NZ Warriors, perhaps they can start a new thread in that forum?

Cheers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.