What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawrence ready for origin - Farah

Bricey

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...f-origin-in-2011/story-e6frf3ou-1225975033937

Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah believes young centre Chris Lawrence to build on his Kangaroos debut in 2010 and play for the NSW Origin team in 2011.

After being in camp with the 22-year-old during Australia's Four Nations campaign, Farah believes Lawrence is for the toughest match in rugby league.

“Without a doubt he could handle himself in Origin, I think he's tipping the scales at about 100 kilos at the moment and he's one of the fastest players in the game," Farah said.

“I think he got a lot out of the experience that he got in the Four Nations, and I know he was disappointed that he missed out on the team in the final.

“He's a kid with a lot of ambition and he sets himself high goals, and I know next year he's looking to go one step further and make his Origin debut and try and cement a spot for the Aussie side.

“And if I was a betting man I'd be backing him all the way in. He's a great kid, a very professional kid, and in my opinion one of the best centres in the game."

“He'd handle it standing on his head. I don't think that would be a problem, he wouldn't take a backward step. I think if anything it would probably bring out the best in him.

Lawrence was named in a 40-man NSW squad in 2009 and was called in as 18th man for a match in the 2010 series.

During the post-season, Lawrence has training with Farah before official club duty starts in the new year.

Farah beleives Lawrence is on the verge of a big season in 2010.

“Next year is a big year for him,'' Farah said.

“I think everybody forgets he's only 22 as well. He's still a young fella but he is one of the more senior players in our side and a player that everyone looks up to.

“He leads by example whether it be off the field, at training or during the game.

“For a kid of his age, I think it speaks highly of the direction he's heading in."

westie

Bench
Can someone explain to me why this ludicrous Origin is the toughest bullsh*t continues to be perpetuated?

The combined best of Origin can't beat the Kiwis, let alone match them physically.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can someone explain to me why this ludicrous Origin is the toughest bullsh*t continues to be perpetuated?

The combined best of Origin can't beat the Kiwis, let alone match them physically.
This

gronkathon

First Grade

Because that myth, along with the myth that true Origin passion existed after Super League earn them big $$$$

mems77

Juniors
I hate to reiterate, but after just reliving the 2010 season highlights (again), does anyone have further information in regards to Lawrence's long term future with us? Brilliant, young, future player who in my opinion would be a devastating loss if we to see him at any other club.
I would only assume he is a cert. with the tiges but the lack of any type of signing news has me wondering.
Any help?
Cheers guys.

Borat.

Juniors
No way he will leave the club....loves it too much and is as loyal as they come, Farah says Rowdy will not be going anywhere....so expect another long term signing announcement soon

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Yup

lol at a test player having to prove he is "ready" for Origin