What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawrence - What is wrong with him?

The Gambler

Juniors
Anyone know? Someone must have a scoop - he has to have some injury that is really hampering him.

When he got in open space yesterday after defusing the kick he looked VERY out of touch. Like George Rose making a break.

There is something seriously wrong.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he's had a struggle knee or groin injury for a while, stops him from stretching out.

He's had a dodgy shoulder for quite a while too I believe.

It's not an excuse, but I reckon he may be trying to favour the non injured areas of his body and trying to work his game around the healty sides of his body.

Typical mentality of anyone carrying an injury and it usually always leads to the player losing form and confidence quickly.

I wished he had've missed out on a rep call up just so he could spend 2 weeks improving these injuries even just a little.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and being shifted around and playing out of position doesn't help his cause.

The way the team played in the first 6 weeks saw him doing a lot more defence than he normally would, which is only going to compound any niggling injuries.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
and being shifted around and playing out of position doesn't help his cause.

The way the team played in the first 6 weeks saw him doing a lot more defence than he normally would, which is only going to compound any niggling injuries.

"and being shifted around and playing out of position doesn't help his cause."

Agreed, at times yesterday I couldn't work out where he & Reddy & Ayshford were playing???

The Gambler

Juniors
Agreed with the rep selection comment. It seems he needs a break - but I am not even sure the two weeks will be enough.

I think he was playing 5/8th yesterday. Ayshford come on and went to centre, Humble went to hooker, Marshall 'half'.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Anyone know? Someone must have a scoop - he has to have some injury that is really hampering him.

When he got in open space yesterday after defusing the kick he looked VERY out of touch. Like George Rose making a break.

There is something seriously wrong.

heard he's having trouble with his hip and not able to run at full pace

Jud

Juniors
Agreed with the rep selection comment. It seems he needs a break - but I am not even sure the two weeks will be enough.

I think he was playing 5/8th yesterday. Ayshford come on and went to centre, Humble went to hooker, Marshall 'half'.

I agree with this, said it to a mate whilst watching it. Would rather him in the centres, he threw some rubbish balls.

The Gambler

Juniors
heard he's having trouble with his hip and not able to run at full pace
That would be understandable, but it is worse than not being able to run at full pace - he is at half pace at best, and his footwork/agility is essentially non existent, he isn't beating his man anymore.

You will also notice that he never - I repeat NEVER chases an attacking kick, never backs up a line break, or ever chases a break away attacker from the opposition. This is someone who was supposed to be one of our quickest players.

His form does not warrant selection in rep footy at the moment,,his injuries hip,shoulder etc. most likely are responsible for his form slide and lack of confidence.Totally agree with his passing it is ordinary and usually poorly timed.His ball skills are only just above Matt Utai so what is he doing at 5/8 ?

super_coach

First Grade
Last year with Farah lui and Marshall they could spread the ball in a flash from one side to the other giving Lawrence time and space,not happening this year,the spreads are messy and slow.Lawrence never really made any breaks ,he was a hole runner.As Humble fits in at 7 things will get better for Rowdy.