What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leading the comp

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
It really is an amazing comp this year. While the top eight looks cut and dried with 10 rounds still to play (I doubt that's happened before), just who wins out of that top eight is anybody's guess.
Other than the Broncos, I think you could make a real case for any of the other seven sides winning the comp so there is some great footy to come.
For Souths, though, getting to the top of the ladder at this stage of the season is an incredible effort, particularly after losing the first two rounds.
The side is playing a style of football that has the other teams scrambling to follow suit, and that's a great position to be in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths leading the comp after the dragons 22 point loss to the storm. :D
We may become the hunted now mate but that'll spur us on to bigger and greater things I hope!

I still think the Storm have flown under the radar lately!

If they make top 2 it's hard to see them missing the big dance...

They're bloody hard to beat in Melbourne!

southsport

First Grade
We may become the hunted now mate but that'll spur us on to bigger and greater things I hope!

I still think the Storm have flown under the radar lately!

If they make top 2 it's hard to see them missing the big dance...

They're bloody hard to beat in Melbourne!
Dangerous side are the storm, did you see how quick some of those young blokes are?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dangerous side are the storm, did you see how quick some of those young blokes are?
Watched it all mate. You are aware they weren't I though 7 players as well!!

Slater
Addo Carr
Munster
Chambers
Kaufusi
Glasby
J. Bromwich
Kasiano

Edit mate: make that 8 guys they're without. Their depth shits on the Dragons!

Rabbits20

Immortal
@southsport if you asked me if there is any team to fear from my view Ill be honest mate, versing the Storm... I don't fear any other team besides them!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Not me. I was asking for Maguire’s head in 2016

Edit- But I must admit I wasn’t expecting THIS from Seibold :smiley:
Same here man. I expected improvement when we replaced Maguire (because he had grown stale, hadn't changed our attacking style since 2012), but not to this extent.

Even after being impressed with Seib's approach in the off season, I didn't think it'd be THIS much better

Pommy

Coach
Storm are the benchmark imo!!

They had 9 out tonight... they've the best depth.

Let's put the tag on them

I always back Souths 20

Watched it all mate. You are aware they weren't I though 7 players as well!!

Slater
Addo Carr
Munster
Chambers
Kaufusi
Glasby
J. Bromwich
Kasiano

Edit mate: make that 8 guys they're without. Their depth shits on the Dragons!

Calm down they still conceded 30 points against a depelated dragon’s side.
What you witnessed were two sides heavily depleted by origin, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Over 17 rounds the dragons are better than the storm.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Waiting for all the dickheads who bagged the club for replacing Maguire with Seibold to admit they were wrong
Maguire's time had come,we were predictable,boring to watch & all round just a unhappy club.....Madge had to go.
I'll gladly and happily admit I had massive doubts on Seibolds capabilities as a first grade coach to turn it all around,especially as quickly as he has,what an amazing job he has done.
The bloke I really got stuck into was Richardson for his recruiting and retention of players but to have the team top of the table after 17 rounds makes it very difficult to fault!

Pommy

Coach
Guilty as charged. Dickhead number one reporting for duty.

Thought it was the worst decision ever.

Man that humble pie is more than bearable though when it means you're leading the comp.

I was firmly in the sack camp and had been for at least 18 months but I would have been a little sick had he led NZ to a win over England.

Latest posts