What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League and beer

astrogirl

First Grade
Can the association between league and beer get any stronger? :D

See article Beer war as CUB gets $4m stake of Origin

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/30/1070127273621.html

State of Origin rugby league promises to fuel a beer war, with Carlton United Breweries backing the Blues against the XXXX- sponsored Maroons for the next four years.

CUB's $4 million comprehensive sponsorship replaces Tooheys, who had been a long-term supporter of the code and a past naming-rights sponsor of the NSW team.

Because both Tooheys and XXXX are owned by Lion Nathan, CUB's involvement signals a battle between two different breweries for bragging rights over the code's most highly valued brand.
... and the bit I like best:

NRL clubs sponsored by CUB - Bulldogs, Knights, Storm, Raiders, Sharks and a lesser deal with the Roosters - will all have their arrangements upgraded.
Wonder how much difference that might make, $wise.

MC DUI

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Bah, I want my Tooheys Old back.

Damn Straight! Tooheys Old is well tasty :D

Its a bitch to get it down here in SA, nobody is aware what it is. :x

Agh Dui, it's all over the place here. Everyone loves it. There wouldn't be a bar in town that doesn't have it on tap and I couldn't even explain how well it went with the football.

Anyway, more power to us. We can't all follow the latest fads in beer trends. I love having my own beer that no-one else in my group drinks.... well that's not true, my girlfriend will have it every once in a while.

How good are girls?

Providence

Juniors
Oooh... Favourite beers thread. LOL.

If we're going to hijack this thread with our preferred drops, then I'll add my two cents worth.

When I'm buying, I'll drink Corona's, Heineken, Stella-Artois or the beautiful Pilsner Urquell. I seem to like the exotic brews.

But if a mate's shouting, any house beer will suffice.

astrogirl

First Grade
Providence said:
Oooh... Favourite beers thread. LOL.

If we're going to hijack this thread with our preferred drops, then I'll add my two cents worth.
It's all good, I don't consider this to be a thread hijack :D I suspected this might turn into a type of beer thread, given the topic name I used!

I'm not a beer chick though, so can't really contribute!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Agh Dui, it's all over the place here. Everyone loves it. There wouldn't be a bar in town that doesn't have it on tap and I couldn't even explain how well it went with the football.

Anyway, more power to us. We can't all follow the latest fads in beer trends. I love having my own beer that no-one else in my group drinks.... well that's not true, my girlfriend will have it every once in a while.

How good are girls?

Tooheys new and red are the latest fads???

antonius

Coach
I,ve been into the Tooheys Dry lately, went on a trip to Melbourne last week and had a bit of a session drinking Corona with a slice of lemon now that's different! In my younger days Tooheys old was THE beer to drink.

Providence

Juniors
antonius said:
I,ve been into the Tooheys Dry lately, went on a trip to Melbourne last week and had a bit of a session drinking Corona with a slice of lemon now that's different! In my younger days Tooheys old was THE beer to drink.

If you enjoyed the Corona with lemon, try it with a slice of lime. It's sensational.

The old lick, sip and suck with Tequila is always fun aswell.

If you're daring, the hard-arse is very fun at parties.

Instead of licking salt, sipping tequila, and sucking the lemon, you snort the salt, gulp the tequila and squeeze the lemon in your eye. ;-)

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
antonius said:
In my younger days Tooheys old was THE beer to drink.

In my younger days it was all about doing shots of home-brewed moonshine in a mate's backyard.

LOL, Your still in your younger days, compared to me that is. ;-)

antonius

Coach
Providence said:
antonius said:

If you enjoyed the Corona with lemon, try it with a slice of lime. It's sensational.

The old lick, sip and suck with Tequila is always fun aswell.

If you're daring, the hard-arse is very fun at parties.

Instead of licking salt, sipping tequila, and sucking the lemon, you snort the salt, gulp the tequila and squeeze the lemon in your eye. ;-)
Sounds fabulous!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't wait to try it, might round it off with a hit on the toe with a sledge hammer! :oops:

Yeah, that's true! And it is Summer and the season for backyard BBQs and evenings of drinking and watching the cricket.

Maybe it is time to give that Mediterrainean mate a visit.

Providence

Juniors
antonius said:
Sounds fabulous!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't wait to try it, might round it off with a hit on the toe with a sledge hammer! :oops:

Whatever floats your boat mate... Psycho! LOL ;-) :lol:

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Yeah, that's true! And it is Summer and the season for backyard BBQs and evenings of drinking and watching the cricket.

Maybe it is time to give that Mediterrainean mate a visit.
Wedge, you know how dumb I am, I no understand???? :oops:

antonius

Coach
Talking of brewing your own, reminds me when my dad tried making wine from some grapes off our backyard vine. He squashed 'em,bottled the juice, and put it on mums dressing table to ferment....you guessed it... it exploded, Mum wasn't happy!!!

Latest posts