What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"League Guru" ain't so smart...

Raider Crusader

Juniors
This is the raiders team according to League Unlimited's "League Guru"...

Canberra v Penrith at Canberra Stadium, 2.30pm

RAIDERS: Clinton Schifcofske, Matt Gafa, David Howell, Adam Mogg, David Milne, Jason Smith, Lincoln Withers, Jason Williams, Simon Woolford (c), Troy Thompson, Kris Kahler, Ian Hindmarsh, Jason Croker.
Interchange: Alan Tongue, Andrew Lomu, Michael Hodgson, Michael Robertson, John Miller (one to be omitted).

Yep, this must be John Miller's debut because i've never heard of him. Is he by any chance the brother of Josh??? ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
its worth noting that John Miller is one of our gun juniors, he along side front row partner Willie Ratson are going places ;-) :lol:

woodgers

Bench
benmeyer said:
I hardly think it was worth starting a thread over that, it's a simple mistake.

Shut up Ben. I say the League Guru has to endure a public stoning. That is of course after I go to the footy this weekend and see if this John Miller is any good.

albi

Juniors
Rabs was screaming about the brilliant MATTHEW Johns in origin two. Poor Rabs.

jed

First Grade
John Miller is great mates with Jason Crocker and James Bulgarelli, you can often catch them at Norths of a Friday night, on the piss before the big game.

woodgers

Bench
I was listening to Andrew Moore and Tommy Raudonikis on the radio the other night. Tommy says "Another strong hit up by Martin Bella" to which Moore had to say that he was actually Michael Vella.

ausraider

Juniors
woodgers said:
I was listening to Andrew Moore and Tommy Raudonikis on the radio the other night. Tommy says "Another strong hit up by Martin Bella" to which Moore had to say that he was actually Michael Vella.

Tommy should leave the powder alone before calling a game.lol

Macko8

Juniors
lol his alive and kicking...f**k getting in a convo with him...ya could never get away from him.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
He used to come down with the magpies to our school (back when i was in year 6)..the guy speaks so much, the problem was i understood two words " Sunday" and i think it was "busy"..

The magpies sucked and they beat our year 6 team like 10-7 in a game of touch and celeberated for like 20 mins high fiving each other..pure lame..

Paullyboy

Coach
benmeyer said:
I hardly think it was worth starting a thread over that, it's a simple mistake.

Couldnt agree more. Having said that this thread has turned into a sparkling conversation.

What a spastic that so called "league Guru" is. Did anyone see his predictions from last week. Totally wrote off the Raiders - they won, bagged the s h i t out of the knights - they won, said the Warriors were no chance to beat the Broncos - Warriors won, and said the West Tigers were just filling in the numbers for our competition - the tigers won.

What an imbisile. Sure it wasn't an easy week for tipping but you dont just go writing off sides, especially with such an even competition this year.

Shows he knows little about the game

ausraider

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
What a spastic that so called "league Guru" is. Did anyone see his predictions from last week. Totally wrote off the Raiders - they won, bagged the s h i t out of the knights - they won, said the Warriors were no chance to beat the Broncos - Warriors won, and said the West Tigers were just filling in the numbers for our competition - the tigers won.

What an imbisile. Sure it wasn't an easy week for tipping but you dont just go writing off sides, especially with such an even competition this year.

Shows he knows little about the game

If you haven't noticed he has been writing us off for a while now.Raiders have been making goose of him.Though I was getting bit worried in J Smith's abence.It was starting to look bleak.But hey we are back and hopefully be back to back this weekend against Panthers.

legend

Coach
I'll go into bat for the Guru here. When the preview was written no one knew Jason Smith was going to play and dare I say it, had he not played we would have almost certainly lost to the Cowboys.

Our form leading into the Cowboys match was diabolical and the guru had every reason to give us no hope as we are the proverbial one man team.

Just on the other predictions, how many people got a perfect round last weekend or even 5/7?

Imbisile is actually spelt imbecile. If you are going to insult someone, at least do it right otherwise a few eggs could be cracked on one's face.

I never said that it was an easy week to tip. However the way he was writing off sides especially the tigers saying "They are filling up the numbers" is a stupid thing to say considering the teams they have beaten this year. When you go out on a limb and make these outrages statements, he has to expect egg to be thrown on his face.

Anyway go the raiders this week. I have money Raiders 13+ on sports tab. Good bet i'd say.

legend

Coach
I agree. This is all open to criticism so long as it's constructive. But calling the guru a spastic and imbecile is going over the top IMO just because you disagree with his comments.

Latest posts