What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"League Guru" ain't so smart...

Mr Saab

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
What a spastic that so called "league Guru" is. Did anyone see his predictions from last week. Totally wrote off the Raiders - they won, bagged the s h i t out of the knights - they won, said the Warriors were no chance to beat the Broncos - Warriors won, and said the West Tigers were just filling in the numbers for our competition - the tigers won.

What an imbisile. Sure it wasn't an easy week for tipping but you dont just go writing off sides, especially with such an even competition this year.

Shows he knows little about the game

ok mr "expert"...how many did you tip last weekend 6/7 7/7?
I doubt it. I think perhaps you should list your tips every week and the reasons why so we can bag you.

hrundi99

First Grade
Macko8 said:
lol his alive and kicking...f**k getting in a convo with him...ya could never get away from him.

Tommy's a legend and a good bloke.

Leave him alone!

:x

Macko8

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Tommy's a legend and a good bloke.

Leave him alone!

:x

nobody said a bad word about him???? all i said was i'd hate to be in a convo wif him and that makes me mr bad guy.i didnt say he wasnt a legend and a good bloke? i know he is ive actually met the bloke geeeez. he should be a regular on the footy show.

I don't get every game right, but I don't go bagging out teams either. I got 5/7 last week. I'm not doubting that the guru is a good bloke, i don't know him i'm just unsure why he would bag out teams in that fashion.

hrundi99

First Grade
Macko8 said:
nobody said a bad word about him???? all i said was i'd hate to be in a convo wif him and that makes me mr bad guy.i didnt say he wasnt a legend and a good bloke? i know he is ive actually met the bloke geeeez. he should be a regular on the footy show.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. :oops:

He does a lot of great work for the Jets behind the scenes.

I told the Jets' GM in a meeting on Wednesday that he should call Tommy and ask him to ask Matt Johns if Reg could turn up to our Reunion Day on the 3rd of September. He called him in front of me and he said no worries mate.

It'll be interesting to see whether he convinced him or not, and whether he can waive his significant regular appearance fee.

Tommy was my favourite player before the Raiders came along and I was still a Magpies fan.

Mr Saab

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
I don't get every game right, but I don't go bagging out teams either. I got 5/7 last week. I'm not doubting that the guru is a good bloke, i don't know him i'm just unsure why he would bag out teams in that fashion.

perhaps to get a reaction. He isnt a fence sitter and covers all bases.
Its kind of like Gould, majority of us dislike him, but he says what he feels (some hidden agendas) and lays it all on the line....like his predictions every yr that he makes at the start of each season.
2003 he predicted last for the panthers...they won
2005 he predicted last for manly...they are in the top 4.
Nothing worst in the world than a fence sitter...say what you feel and if its wrong its wrong, but at least you spoke up.

legend

Coach
I'm not the guru btw. I was the past few years but I've handed the baton to someone else. I'm the power rankings man now. ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
legend said:
I'm not the guru btw. I was the past few years but I've handed the baton to someone else. I'm the power rankings man now. ;-)

really! I will remember that.
You have done a fair job thus far in 2005.
Better than the telegraph who drop teams like 7 places after one loss.

Legend, Why did the raiders come 12th this week? they beat the team many fancy for the premiership. Sure their form has been bad this past few weeks but based on the weekends performance I personally thought they were better than 12th. Anyway is the power rankings just based on the last weeks performance or is it over the whole year up untill the last week?

Latest posts