What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League? Indeed! - New Footy Show on Youtube

clarency

Juniors
Haynetrain & Dragon - Can't agree with you more. I find his all-over personality to be very annoying, and all he really does is spit out news headlines, which sh*ts me when I see his success, but it's all irrelevant. He has the charisma needed, and the directing smarts to run a very, very successful channel.

Sorry I couldnt watch more than 40seconds of this crap. Two morons basically bagging everyone off and taking the piss out of the game does not entertain me.
3/10 it gets from me. Try harder boys and less of the vulgare lingo eh?

CanadianEagle

Juniors
Awesome work guys!

I've only watched 1st episode and 1/2 the 2nd but enjoying them both!

I like the humorous banter you guys have goin on.

Some classic and true comments!

CanadianEagle

Juniors
Sorry I couldnt watch more than 40seconds of this crap. Two morons basically bagging everyone off and taking the piss out of the game does not entertain me.
3/10 it gets from me. Try harder boys and less of the vulgare lingo eh?

Vulgar lingo? Go support the Sulford Reds or something

Christmas Ape

Juniors
damn you gave Elliott a hammering, good stuff

and lmao @ the sharks jersey designer and taking the piss out of saints fans

Thanks Dragon! Good to see people are taking it in good humour.

I had a short look (my download cap is very limited unfortunately) and you both have improved greatly.

Guy on the right, you have a lot more personality which is great, but even more great is that you aren't over do'ing it. There are a few techniques that I think you could pull off quite well (i'll get to it in a sec).

Guy on the left, presentation is better however it still lacks personality. The appeal of youtube is that it is a personal way that the community can engage each other, and you're coming off a bit too robotic and neutral. I want to see you give me your opinion, and convince me you're right through how you do it.

Thanks Clarency. We appreciate your feedback. While we probably won't go to the extreme with the 5 second cuts like the videos you linked, we are trying to condense the show as much as possible and keep it moving and interesting.

loved the "Wild Stallions" and the Bill and Ted air guitar

Thanks Twizzle! Glad someone caught the joke.

Show is good reviews are terrible though... Dude on right gay for Matt Scott?

Thanks Y2Eel. We've only got 4 more teams left to review and then we can get into the regular season. You don't think Matt Scott's handsome?

They laid the smack down on the Eels,LOL.

Nice video

Thanks Haynetrain! For the record, I think the Eels will do better than Darren predicted. Not by much though.:D

Arrgh ive seen this guys vids, cant stand the f*cking twat. He edits the vid so it cuts every second, tries waaay too hard to be funny and id like to punch him in the throat

Yeah, he's a bit full on for me and not funny at all IMO. Can't argue with the lad's view and comment stats though. Diff'rent strokes.....

another great watch guys! the jersey review was classic. You are a cross between Roy and HG and Reeves and Mortimer! look forward to next weeks installment.

Thanks Perth Red!

Awesome work guys!

I've only watched 1st episode and 1/2 the 2nd but enjoying them both!

I like the humorous banter you guys have goin on.

Some classic and true comments!

Thanks Canadian Eagle! Much appreciated.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Too long, I can't stand to watch 10 minute Youtube clips. Get to the point, don't do it tidlywinks-style through boredom. Watched the first 5 minutes...then turned it off. I am sorry, but that is all the attention span on one task is going to get.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
You people complaining about 10mins of uninterrupted Youtube videos are the same geniuss who watch 30 min TV programs like Home and Away/Neighbours with 20min of ads in them,LOL.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You people complaining about 10mins of uninterrupted Youtube videos are the same geniuss who watch 30 min TV programs like Home and Away/Neighbours with 20min of ads in them,LOL.

Try again, haven't watched Home and Away for years, same with that other rubbish. I hate watching YouTube for that long, it is boring!

maccattack

Juniors
I love this show.

The one thing I dont like tho

is knowing that one day itll get all sanitised and 'normal' just like every other franchise in the history of entertainment.

Right now though. It rocks! \m/0.0\m/

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Try again, haven't watched Home and Away for years, same with that other rubbish. I hate watching YouTube for that long, it is boring!

That made me :lol:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I still think you could do with a bit more cutting even if you don't want to overdo it. Not every shot has to be a two shot. Think about the angles and different effects they have on the audience and how different shot can relate to what you're saying to enhance your points.

10 minutes you can get away with as long as it's visually stimulating, but two people talking with the same camera angle might as well be a radio stream because you're going to tune out on the visuals and the whole point of youtube is to watch videos.

Christmas Ape

Juniors
Hi again,

We're pleased to announce that we're now inviting viewer submissions at League Indeed!

If you'd like to be part of the show, here's what to do -

1. Film yourself. Give us a rant on any rugby league related topic you like.
2. Keep it brief. Try to limit your video to around 30 seconds or under. Viewer videos will be used in between segments and we're hoping to fit as many as possible in every week so keep it short and punchy.
3. Use your phone or digital camcorder. Whatever format your device records should be fine as long as it's nothing too exotic.
4. Submit your video. Send your footage to leagueindeed@gmail.com No need to edit it if you're not that way inclined, we'll take care of it for you.
5. Tell us who you are. Give us a brief description of yourself. Use your real name or forum name and what team you support.

The best videos submitted each week will be included in the show and there'll be some kind of prize at the end of the season for Contributor of the Year.

We're looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Christmas Ape

Juniors
We're back again for another week!

On this week's show we round out our 2011 Previews, talk about the Benji situation and the so-called rule changes for this season.

Have a look here and let us know what you think.

Another reminder that we're currently taking viewer submission for inclusion in the show so if you've got something to get off your chest, film it and send it to leagueindeed@gmail.com Easy!

Thanks for watching.

Christmas Ape

Juniors
Hi All,

Episode 6 is now up on YouTube - Click here!

This week! -

Round 2 wrap up
Round 3 preview
Featured Face-Off - Sharks vs Dragons
Adam Blair and his outrageous price tag
Hound of the Round
Classy Campaigners
And more!

Billybob

Juniors
top show guys

I like it

there needs to be more community shows like this around

when are you going to get a website, do some player interviews and take your show on the road ?

Slammin

Juniors
I've only watch part 1 of your first episode and your most recent, I think ep 7. Huge improvement guys. Look heaps more relaxed. Can't be bad having another footy show around.