What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League of Legends Charity Match

***MH***

Bench
Dairy Farmers on April 24, Australia v New Zealand Legends of League match. It will be a beauty with Gary Belcher, Eric Grothe, Mal Meninga and Laurie Daley pulling on their socks again for Australia and Olsen Filipaina and Gary Freeman running on for the Kiwis.

The full Australian lineup which includes Alfie Langer, Bradley Clyde and Cliffy Lyons and match info, can be found in Todays Sunday Telegraph on one of the most unlikely pages, Rebecca Wilsons Coloumn....

Tigertread

Juniors
Australian team

1. Gary Belcher
2. Kerry Boustead
3. Mal Meninga
4. Steve Renouf
5. Dale Shearer
6. Cliff Lyons
7. Allan Langer
8. Mark Carroll
9. Steve Walters
10. Martin Bella
11. Paul Sironen
12. Gorden Tallis
13. Bradley Clyde
14. Robbie O'Davis
15. Greg Florimo
16. Michael Buettner
17. Kevin Walters

Coach: Greg Dowling
Manager: Steve Roach

AUST v NZ LEGENDS OF LEAGUE CHARITY MATCH TICKETS - 30/03/2006
Tickets for this match at Dairy Farmers Stadium on Monday 24th April are on sale through Tickets Online.
Please call 1300 737 909
No internet bookings. Adults $15
Child (15 & under) $5
Concession $5

***MH***

Bench
Channel 9 will be hosting a Tel-a-thon for the match to help raise money for the Nth Qld Storm appeal.

The Preacher

First Grade
Tigertread said:
Australian team

1. Gary Belcher
2. Kerry Boustead
3. Mal Meninga
4. Steve Renouf
5. Dale Shearer
6. Cliff Lyons
7. Allan Langer
8. Mark Carroll
9. Steve Walters
10. Martin Bella
11. Paul Sironen
12. Gorden Tallis
13. Bradley Clyde
14. Robbie O'Davis
15. Greg Florimo
16. Michael Buettner
17. Kevin Walters

Coach: Greg Dowling
Manager: Steve Roach

League Legend ???? Mark Carroll ??? BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA .

In his own mind. The only tough man beaten by a AFL player in boxing.:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Needs more Mark McGaw.
He makes these types of matches interesting after his fight with Big Mal 2002.

Breadman

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Needs more Mark McGaw.
He makes these types of matches interesting after his fight with Big Mal 2002.

only if he plays for the kiwis.....and marks big Mal

nqboy

First Grade
The NZ side:

Richie Barnett, Daryl Halligan, Tea Ropati, Jason Williams, Sean Hoppe, Darrell Williams, Gary Freeman, Hugh McGahan, Tony Iro, Kurt Sorensen, Sam Stewart, Grant Young, Duanne Mann, Tyran Smith, Mark Horo, Shane Horo, Morvin Edwards, James Goulding.

Some fairly handy players in that lot.

nqboy

First Grade
Don't think so. I'd love to go but work and the need to attend the Dawn Service next morning will not permit it.

hrundi99

First Grade
Breadman said:
only if he plays for the kiwis.....and marks big Mal

The copybook definition of "misinterpretation".

Mal was just mucking around but Sparkles took it seriously, and caused quite an embarassing scene.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Imagine Wally Lewis playing for the Aussie team, we wouldve had a Lewis Vs Williams re-match, if anyone remembers that hit he did in 1989.

HannahMc

Juniors
I'm happy to see Langer and Walter on the team. Even if the rest of the team was awful and we'd be crushed, I'd warch it just for them. \\\\:D/

1989 is a little bit before my time, unfortunately! :(

Mr Saab

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Imagine Wally Lewis playing for the Aussie team, we wouldve had a Lewis Vs Williams re-match, if anyone remembers that hit he did in 1989.

Wally said after that hit that he didnt mean to smash Williams that hard and that he got the wrong man. Wally was really after Clayton Friend who put on some rather cheap shots on Aus players.

Breadman

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
The copybook definition of "misinterpretation".

Mal was just mucking around but Sparkles took it seriously, and caused quite an embarassing scene.

I'm surprise Sparkles didn't rip out 2 cornerposts and challenge him to a showdown. Seriously though I believe Sparkles has had a few incidents of this type.

***MH***

Bench
There has been SFA coverage of this match tonight, did any of you banana benders up north get a taste of the action tonight?

Raider_69

Post Whore
good to see O'Davis got a run, id imagine someone just got sick and tired of him whinging and threw him a bone... league legend, i think not!

Latest posts