What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League stars in campus ruckus

miladi

Juniors
The unfortunate truth is that binge drinking and its results are not just a problem for Newcastle, nor for Rugby League, but for many young people in this country. It is in fact an epidemic, that young people go out drinking and behave in irresponsible manners.

Add to this the blatant disrespect shown to women throughout Australian society and these types of incidents are going to be repeated over and over, not just in the NRL, but in universities, and across the country. It is just that in NSW the NRL gets the most headlines.

As for respecting women, some posting on this forum should look at their avatars and ask how it reflects their respect for females who might be reading or posting on here.

Hell Bitch

Juniors
For that many , including senior players to do what has been done smacks of a total disrespect for Hagan.
They all say how much they respect him but it is "claytons respect".

He is plyable.

He is soft.

Brimmer

Juniors
Well I admit I haven't read all the posts but I must say anybody who gets in trouble "on tour" must be an absolute spastic. I mean, the NRL has poured so much money into the education of all players from all clubs as well as each club laying down it's own laws.

No excuses... I feel sorry for all the knights fans who deserve better from their players. Especially at a time when they are seeking a top-tier sponsor.

When are these league players going to get the picture? I would suggest this would be the last straw for many clubs.

miladi

Juniors
Bluesbreaker

I don't think mel meant this the way you have taken it. However, I have seen the way girls act around the players and their behaviour, especially around young men who have been drinking, can be a factor in what happens next. This is neither to excuse such behaviour, nor condone, but is a fact.

In point of fact, according the the reports from Bathurst, at one point at least one or maybe 2 players were invited back to a house (or dorm or whatever) by a girl (or girls). Given the history of the past few years, was this a wise move by the girl? Again, this in no way excuses the behaviour, but surely it wasn't only the players who weren't thinking clearly.

Brimmer

Juniors
No excuses..

In everybody's life there are temptations... There's also things called discipline, willpower and common sense. Clearly, the players involved posess none of them.

*melliez*

Juniors
miladi said:
Bluesbreaker

I don't think mel meant this the way you have taken it. However, I have seen the way girls act around the players and their behaviour, especially around young men who have been drinking, can be a factor in what happens next. This is neither to excuse such behaviour, nor condone, but is a fact.

In point of fact, according the the reports from Bathurst, at one point at least one or maybe 2 players were invited back to a house (or dorm or whatever) by a girl (or girls). Given the history of the past few years, was this a wise move by the girl? Again, this in no way excuses the behaviour, but surely it wasn't only the players who weren't thinking clearly.

Glad someone around here has a clue.

You are right, these girls knew what happened in the past with the bulldogs, and fair enough, they probably thought that it could never happen to them, but why would anyone be so naive to think that?

I don't care who it is, if they are famous and wanted to come back to my hotel, I would have told them to get stuffed!

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'm glad the Knights took care of this asap.
I'm still very dissapointed in all the players that have been named, but at least we know who they are and the whole team doesn't get blamed for it.

I'm also glad of the sacking and the fines... if this is what's needed to stop them, then do it.
I also think that the teams should go back to you get on the bus travel to the game, after the game sign a few autographs and get back on the bus to go home.

I'm fine about the fine from the NRL, what i'm not happy about is Gallop saying that's is the clubs responsibility for their players.... I don't agree with that. They are grown men and the actions they take have nothing to do with managment.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
bedsy said:
I'm fine about the fine from the NRL, what i'm not happy about is Gallop saying that's is the clubs responsibility for their players.... I don't agree with that. They are grown men and the actions they take have nothing to do with managment.
It pretty much is the club's responsibility though. The clubs are the ones handing out the punishments, therefore they have to ensure their players know that there are solid consequences for breaking the club's rules.

*melliez*

Juniors
rufus youngblood said:
bluesbreaker said:
*melliez said:
I don't think this is a problem with footballers, I actually think this is a problem with women (keeping in mind, I am a 22 year old female). Some females (I can be included in this, as I have done this in the past) dress in ways, which would easily be able to give them the label as a "s**t" or a "whore". It isn't the footballers fault that these women decide to go to a football game, dressed in ways which could lead to that happening.

Right, so the way that someone DRESSES gives a neanderthal the a-ok to ASSUME to consensual sexual activity? On nearly a case by case basis, you know who else says things like that? Paedophiles and rapists.

How can someone be so frigging stupid?

You are so right Bluesbreaker.
Melliez i hope i pick you up in a nightclub with your slutty gear and take you home and have my way with you, because as you say its not my fault that you wore those suggestive clothes.I would have every right to do as i please, because you knew what was going to happen.

Do you understand how stupid you comment is.

I would be right in assuming you a clown who has nothing better to do with your time?

You wouldn't be taking me home, because I don't go for moron's with no brains, and plus I am in a great relationship, and I don't go to nightclubs, because I have better things to do with my time than spending it in the same establishment as a$$holes such as yourself.

You obviously walk around with your eyes closed. Many young girls (even under the age of 10) walk around looking too old for their age, which unfortunately for them makes them a target for sex craved moron's.

I am not going to defend what I said, it isn't my fault that you and bluesbreaker can't see what I was trying to say. So go and annoy someone else

eddo

Juniors
miladi said:

No way Miladi
All the fault here lies with the guys involved.
It doesn't mater who you are, & where you've been invited..you should still behave properly.
In fact I heard one student on the TV say something like..."7 footballers showed up outside her door"..& she didn't think it was a good idea to let them in.
we can all understand that..7 uninvited strangers in your house late at night.
But 2 players invited in???? You can't defend the alleged behaviour.

Alex28

Coach
Miladi - how can you blame the girl (or people) who invited them back to the dorm? She/he/they didn't suggest they should barge into rooms and straddle innocent girls and indecently assault one of them (that i know of any way).

The players involved have got what they deserve.

mat_parsons

Juniors
*melliez said:
I don't think this is a problem with footballers, I actually think this is a problem with women (keeping in mind, I am a 22 year old female). Some females (I can be included in this, as I have done this in the past) dress in ways, which would easily be able to give them the label as a "s**t" or a "whore". It isn't the footballers fault that these women decide to go to a football game, dressed in ways which could lead to that happening.

...And esspecially if those invite someone to room and say no in last moment or dont say no at all and then claim rape or sexual harrasment...

*melliez* said:
rufus youngblood said:
bluesbreaker said:
*melliez said:
I would be right in assuming you a clown who has nothing better to do with your time?

You wouldn't be taking me home, because I don't go for moron's with no brains, and plus I am in a great relationship, and I don't go to nightclubs, because I have better things to do with my time than spending it in the same establishment as a$$holes such as yourself.

Obviously your boyfriend doesnt have the same high standards as yourself, you really must give him a head ache
You obviously walk around with your eyes closed. Many young girls (even under the age of 10) walk around looking too old for their age, which unfortunately for them makes them a target for sex craved moron's.

And that gives the perverts a right to do as they wish, i have a young daughter and she wears what she likes(well within reason) whilst i agree some girls dress themselves up to look older than they are, it doesnt condone perverted or deviot behaviour by brain dead people

Mellie Mellie Mellie

You are probably a lovely young lady who should think b4 she speaks.
Your attempt to blame girls in this situation is poor form(esp being a young lady yourself)
Let me ask you this when you used to go out to clubs wearing your revealing,skimpy, whatever you want to call it clothes did you wear it to pick up or score with some stranger or wear it to look good and feel comfortable.
My guess would be the latter.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Johns-All-Day said:
bedsy said:
It pretty much is the club's responsibility though. The clubs are the ones handing out the punishments, therefore they have to ensure their players know that there are solid consequences for breaking the club's rules.

I understand how the club is responsible now, however the club really can't control everything these boys do and don't do.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
bedsy said:
I understand how the club is responsible now, however the club really can't control everything these boys do and don't do.
They can't, but they should have enough respect from the players to be able to lay down some laws and have those laws adhered to. At the moment, that's not happening, and whether this is right or wrong, it's reflecting badly on Hagan. The boys are signing in for their 3am curfew, then sneaking back out because they can't be bothered respecting Hagan's authority. It's up to Hagan to have a team that respects him; therefore responsibility lies within the club rather than individual players. That's how I see it.

John_Travolta

Juniors
LOL@3AM curfew........ WTF is that about anyways!!! it should be 12-1am I say, 3AM?? whats doing here Newcastle??? thats just asking for trouble I mean whats there to do after 3am on weekend.... PISSUP of course, as far as i`m concerned they have themselves to blame...

Troy

~bedsy~

First Grade
John_Travolta said:
LOL@3AM curfew........ WTF is that about anyways!!! it should be 12-1am I say, 3AM?? whats doing here Newcastle??? thats just asking for trouble I mean whats there to do after 3am on weekend.... PISSUP of course, as far as i`m concerned they have themselves to blame...

Troy
I definatly agree with that.

Johns-All-Day I understand were you are coming from.

miladi

Juniors
eddo said:
miladi said:

No way Miladi
All the fault here lies with the guys involved.
It doesn't mater who you are, & where you've been invited..you should still behave properly.
In fact I heard one student on the TV say something like..."7 footballers showed up outside her door"..& she didn't think it was a good idea to let them in.
we can all understand that..7 uninvited strangers in your house late at night.
But 2 players invited in???? You can't defend the alleged behaviour.

I don't defend the behaviour. I stand by my statement that, given the media coverage of players behaviour towards women in the past couple of years, to invite players back is not thinking clearly.

The misbehaviour that followed is definitely the players fault.....

Doctor

Bench
rufus youngblood said:
And that gives the perverts a right to do as they wish, i have a young daughter and she wears what she likes(well within reason) whilst i agree some girls dress themselves up to look older than they are, it doesnt condone perverted or deviot behaviour by brain dead people

Mellie Mellie Mellie

You are probably a lovely young lady who should think b4 she speaks.
Your attempt to blame girls in this situation is poor form(esp being a young lady yourself)
Let me ask you this when you used to go out to clubs wearing your revealing,skimpy, whatever you want to call it clothes did you wear it to pick up or score with some stranger or wear it to look good and feel comfortable.
My guess would be the latter.

I'm a tad skeptical of the seriousness of your comments on "perverts" and "perverted or deviot behaviour by brain dead people" given your self-described location is "in ya [sic] mammas [sic] bedroom".

You are "probably a lovely young fellow" though. :?