What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League stars in campus ruckus

innsaneink

Referee
A young player, been there several years, played occasional first grade.

Quote Ken Conway on 2UE at this moment.

Alex28

Coach
I'm sure the articles have said "12 other players were fined"...wouldn't that suggest that the player sacked is seperate to that list? Also they made the 12 players front the press conference - why would the sacked player front that as well?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hmmm wonder who it was who was sacked
surely they could name names, its not like it isnt going to be obvious sooner or latter

Alex28

Coach
So all the club has done now is started speculation that 11 (relatively) innocent players may have been sacked from the club...

They should just name the guy and make him face what he deserves now and let the other 11 go...

But given what was said on radio it shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down to a few possible players...

innsaneink

Referee
Knights_fan13 said:
Agreed raider-We might be wondering for a while :|

Yeah until your next trial. :roll:

You dont have to be einstein to narrow it down to five with what Conway said.

Doctor

Bench
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1274&storyid=2704490

The above article, from AAP, seems to give the most detail of the articles thusfar.

I too wonder why the sacked player has not been named. Obviously we'll find out eventually because that player will not be playing for our club anymore, nor will he play in the NRL again..... if we believe the NRL's current comments on the subject.

What did this player do that warranted the sacking instead of simply the fine? Is he the one who allegedly entered a student's room and was involved in a lewd act?

More immediately -- when will we find out, and what "legal reasons" are there for not naming the sacked player. I suspect that if you know the right people you could find out who it was anyway -- the players would all know, and anyone connected to the club.

Is this a high profile player, a new player to the club, or perhaps one of the younger or less-experienced players? I look down the list of the players who were fined and wonder who it might be, like I suppose most of us are wondering.

I'd say we'll know tomorrow for certain.

innsaneink said:
Knights_fan13 said:
Agreed raider-We might be wondering for a while :|

Yeah until your next trial. :roll:

You dont have to be einstein to narrow it down to five with what Conway said.

I haven't had the news on or anything, so haven't heard anything apart from whats on here.

Therefore have no idea what conway said :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well then which 5 ink? i dunno know a whole lot about knights players
Well based on the radio reports, to me it obviously it isnt:

Kurt Gidley, Mark Hughes, Kirk Reynoldson, Dustin Cooper or Adam Woolnough

Alex28

Coach
Michael Hill is a lawyer isn't he? Surely he wouldn't have overseen the tearing up of a contract if there was potential of the Knights losing an unfair dismissal case. They must have an admission or some sort of evidence to sack a player...so I don't get what there is to wait for?

Here's your choices again

Kurt Gidley, Mark Hughes, Matt Kennedy, Kirk Reynoldson, Luke Quigley, Todd Lowrie, Dustin Cooper, Blake Mueller, Regan Tanner, Daniel Tolar, Adam Woolnough, Dane Tilse,

MRLA

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

Why not:?:

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:

OK 6.

I would add Luke Quigley to the list...Quigley is more than an "occasional 1st grader" isnt he, ?
Was going to add Mueller but hes been there 7years....conway said several years.

Alex28

Coach
* Fringe First Grader
* Been with Club for a few years

Obviously not Reynoldson or Cooper, nor Kidley, Hughes or Woolnough.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Raider_69 said:

OK 6.

I would add Luke Quigley to the list...Quigley is more than an "occasional 1st grader" isnt he, ?
Was going to add Mueller but hes been there 7years....conway said several years.

yea you could rule out Quigley, by several i think its used in context of refering to a rather long time rather than a few years, was emphisis put on the word several?

Latest posts