What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League unfashionable in Sydney?

ali

Bench
herbert henry1908 said:
Ii would be interesting to see a sustained effort from the nrl/arl to get Rugby League played in more schools on the north shore and eastern suburbs.

while i think it would take a very long time to happen i would love to see one day schools like waverly, shore , knox , barker etc have rugby league as an option for their students or at the very least allow some of their students that want to play Rugby league to do so at an outside club and thus completing their compulsory sport requirement.

yeah i realise its a massive pipedream ( as i went to one of these schools) but this could really help in breaking down some of the snobbery that exists in these areas towards our game.

considering all these schools receive government funding it would be nice to see the federal government ( after some signifigant lobbying) step in to see that all major national sports are offered at these schools.

This is a massive issue we need to fix if we wish to change the attitude of people towards our game. It's a disgrace that my taxes are paying for young Rugby League players taken to these schools on Union scholarships, hence taken away from the game I support.

But firstly, it is blatent discrimination not to offer students a choice of rugby. Fair enough if the game isn't popular, but it is, and the kids would play if given a chance.

Furthermore, by not having Rugby League is these schools, students are more likely to be brain washed by Union loving staff.

I think it is crucial the NRL fixes this problem.

Red Bear

Referee
I'd say super league would still have something to do with it, as much as you dont wanna keep bringing it up. It destroyed the traditional aspects of the game in sydney losing alot of fans.

Also the fact its been a long season.

Latest posts