What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Unlimited Hattrick Cup V

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Working on the table as we speak...

I generally haven't worried about which is the home team and which is the away. Because there is only enough time to play each team once, games are best played at a neutral venue. As such, it's easiest just for whichever team is on first to make the challenge and the other can accept it when he gets on. Some teams just can't get on until a certain day later in the week, so to make the rule that Mambo is talking about would effectively rule those teams out.

I guess making these changes would be a good thing from the point of view of us managers who are more active, as it would help ease the worry of losing out on a friendly. So from a purely personal point of view I would definitely like it. But I would also feel a bit sorry for managers like Ernesto who has proven that, although he doesn't accept until late, he almost always does accept.

Today I've been asked to start yet another new job tomorrow (that's now three different jobs at the newspaper where I work, all at different times and days). So I think I can now say for certain that I won't be able to run the Cup next season. I have no problem jumping on the computer quickly before I go to work or before I go to bed, but don't get enough free time to organise things.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Ok, everything has been updated. Nibbs almost had the table right, except he had AFC Real Drexciya losing a game that they won and Avalon's goals against out by one.

Congrats to nibbs for wrapping up the title with a game to spare.

We won't bother organising a replacement for Corbin since there is only one week remaining. So Mambo will just get a walkover win for the final round.

Poida_Raider

Bench
so by the looks i'll have to beat central coast by 6 goals to be equal second with hills havoc. damn! and then losing, which is more probable, will see me drop to possible as low as 5th. damn.

haha, despite a few setbacks, this has been a great LU cup, with a very deserved champion in nibbs.

chileman

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
Working on the table as we speak...

I generally haven't worried about which is the home team and which is the away. Because there is only enough time to play each team once, games are best played at a neutral venue. As such, it's easiest just for whichever team is on first to make the challenge and the other can accept it when he gets on. Some teams just can't get on until a certain day later in the week, so to make the rule that Mambo is talking about would effectively rule those teams out.

I guess making these changes would be a good thing from the point of view of us managers who are more active, as it would help ease the worry of losing out on a friendly. So from a purely personal point of view I would definitely like it. But I would also feel a bit sorry for managers like Ernesto who has proven that, although he doesn't accept until late, he almost always does accept.

Today I've been asked to start yet another new job tomorrow (that's now three different jobs at the newspaper where I work, all at different times and days). So I think I can now say for certain that I won't be able to run the Cup next season. I have no problem jumping on the computer quickly before I go to work or before I go to bed, but don't get enough free time to organise things.
Mad Dogg, you've done a great job yet again and congrats to Nibbs on winning this cup! Hate to see Ernesto kicked out cause he can't accept friendlies until Monday arvos but I'll leave that to the powers that be!

Mambo

Juniors
Well Corbin has dogged my friendly with him. I'm almost certain I'll be cutting back the teams to 8 or 10 to stop this crap from going on next cup.

Mambo

Juniors
As it stands these are the teams that will make the 10 team cut.

1. Rockhampton Wolves (37503) –
2. Whenuapai FC (76189) –
3. Heathcote Harriers (76086) –
4. Ernesto’s Strikeforce (77036) -
5. Hills Havoc (76511) –
6. Madtown Vikings (77607) –
7. Central Coast Falcons (37154) –
8. Piran Suns FC (417622) –
9. AFC Real Drexciya (54946) –
10. West Dubbo Firebugs (76640) –

11. Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen (417350) –
12. Avalon_Avengers (37174) -
13. Narraweena FC (417418) –
14. South Sydney Rabbitohs (420883) -

MrCharisma

Bench
So are we going to go for a Monday night cut off period... I know a few times earlier in the season I missed out on some training and I wasn't impressed. At least I'll be able to organise something Tuesday

Mambo

Juniors
MrCharisma said:
So are we going to go for a Monday night cut off period... I know a few times earlier in the season I missed out on some training and I wasn't impressed. At least I'll be able to organise something Tuesday

Yes that is the plan as it stands.

nibbs

Bench
Mambo said:
As it stands these are the teams that will make the 10 team cut.

1. Rockhampton Wolves (37503) –
2. Whenuapai FC (76189) –
3. Heathcote Harriers (76086) –
4. Ernesto’s Strikeforce (77036) -
5. Hills Havoc (76511) –
6. Madtown Vikings (77607) –
7. Central Coast Falcons (37154) –
8. Piran Suns FC (417622) –
9. AFC Real Drexciya (54946) –
10. West Dubbo Firebugs (76640) –

11. Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen (417350) –
12. Avalon_Avengers (37174) -
13. Narraweena FC (417418) –
14. South Sydney Rabbitohs (420883) -

personally, I think thats harsh to Sri Lanka. They've been around for the past 3 LU Cups with little or no fuss. There are weeks when people can become struck down for whatever reason, where they aren't able to set up friendlies. I think that he should be included. 12 teams is the way to go for sure...

chileman

Coach
I agree with nibbs actually, I reckon 12 teams is manageable but I'm not running the comp so it's up to you Mambo!

suburbanknight

Juniors
Are we doing a LU cup this season then?

If so, I've just been knocked out of the English cup so I'm available for it from next week onwards.

Mambo

Juniors
Yeah check the other thread for the Cup update and the new sign ups. We are aiming for a start by round 7.

RHCP*Auricom

Juniors
Hey fellas... long time no talk, Just popped over to let you all know I'm still alive and thanks to nibbs alert I'm here once again to put my name down for the lu cup...i've got a friendly this coming thursday (usually wednesday of course but its in germany) so whoever im to be playing my apologies, :( neway, cheers fellas, good to be back!

Poida_Raider

Bench
mate just check out, if you havent already, the last couple of pages in the hattrick thread. i think there's only spots left in division 1, so if you want to be there thats fine, otherwise you'll probably have to convince someone in div 2 that they are better than you!!

but it should be a good fun campaign this season.

Mambo

Juniors
Ok for the following teams registration is now open for the LU Premiership

AFC Real Drexciya
Avalon Avengers
Ernesto's Strikeforce
Heathcote Harriers
Piston Broke FC
Rockhampton Wolves
Steel City FC

Go here
http://www.cupmanager.org/files/index.php

Log in or register to the site (you need a password different to your hattrick one if memory serves me properly)

Go to search
Cup ID 13179

Join cup....I will accept you as the administrator.....once we are all registered then its all automatic. Just bookmark the cup manager site and it'll tell you all you need to know.

Latest posts