What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Unlimited Hattrick Cup V

chileman

Coach
Mambo said:
I'd rather have 8 teams that I know will accept challenges every week rather than have 14-16 teams where 50% of the teams don't turn up 50% of the time.
I think 8 is too few also but also agree with Mambo that you need to rely on the friendlies each week.....maybe we have a roll call and cut it down to 10-12!

Poida_Raider

Bench
well i didnt know that, or i just didnt read it, or something. ik wasnt going to wait around thinking that someone was going to accept eventually. so i got me another friendly.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Yeah, sorry about that Poida. Avalon is taking Brisbane's place in the cup, but you'll get a walkover win this week since it was my fault it wasn't organised properly.

For some reason Vesh didn't want to travel over to England to play his match this week (the $12k I guess). I'm sure Suburbanknight wouldn't have minded playing it in Oceania if he asked him (half of his games probably should be), but Vesh just went out and organised another friendly. At least he did let me know.

Mambo - that site that we used the other time was http://www.cupmanager.org/files/index.php. I'm not using it this season, but if you'd like to organise the LU Cup next season and use it then go for it. I don't really have any way of knowing if, and for how long, my current strapped-for-time situation will continue, and it's obviously making it hard to let everyone know when changes happen.

chileman

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
my current strapped-for-time situation will continue, and it's obviously making it hard to let everyone know when changes happen.
Yeah, I'm still last on the table ....you're loving that aren't ya Mad Dogg :p

Poida_Raider

Bench
haha, and i should be a spot or two higher.. i think. maybe if those above me have lost a couple.

anyways. its all good.

Mambo

Juniors
Mad Dogg with the cup manager site I might be able to run it. I'll have a think about it.

Of course with me in charge, then only teams with good friendly track records would be considered. So there might be a bit of backlash there.

Poida_Raider

Bench
its a good point though mambo. how many times have teams like avalon and ernesto been kicked out then brought back in? i know they probably have their own cercumstances, but yeah.

either way is fine by me aslong as i dont lose the training.

chileman

Coach
Poida_Raider said:
its a good point though mambo. how many times have teams like avalon and ernesto been kicked out then brought back in? i know they probably have their own cercumstances, but yeah.

either way is fine by me aslong as i dont lose the training.
I don't think Ernesto has been kicked out, Avalon definately has been once. Actually Ernesto only eve missed 1 friendly if my memory serves me right. I received a pm on hattrick from ernesto today saying Corbins South Sydney Rabbitohs didn't accept his friendly and he missed out on a friendly all together! :? Seems to be happening more often!

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah its crap!!
i'm meant to be playing south sydney this week so i'll see how that goes by monday.
nothin worse than losin that training! i know its just a game.. but its a damn good game!!

Mambo

Juniors
chileman said:
I don't think Ernesto has been kicked out, Avalon definately has been once. Actually Ernesto only eve missed 1 friendly if my memory serves me right. I received a pm on hattrick from ernesto today saying Corbins South Sydney Rabbitohs didn't accept his friendly and he missed out on a friendly all together! :? Seems to be happening more often!

Well I have had my offer to Ernesto's up since last wednesday and it has not been accepted yet. Seems to be a blame game going on here.

I think it should be the responsibility of the home team to make the offer of the friendly and the away team to accept the offer. I also strongly believe the friendly should be accepted by the following monday. In reality we should all be online for the league games on sunday so all freindlies should be sorted by then.

Ithink if the organised friendly is not sorted by monday, then teams can look for other friendlies. The walkover will be worked out by whether the home team did or did not make the offer of the game.

Offer made, friendly not accepted = Home team 5-0 walkover
Offer not made = Away team 5-0 walkover

If I run the cup next season, then this is the method we will move to. It puts some of the responsibility on the home team to start the ball rolling but equally the away team must then accept by monday (i'll use a HT-time as a cutoff to be worked out later).

As it stands, I'm accepting another friendly tomorrow if erntesto doesn't accept by then.

MrCharisma

Bench
Just to update the Falcons;

Central Coast Falcons - Narraweena FC 1 - 2
Whenuapai FC - Central Coast Falcons 0 - 1

chileman

Coach
Mambo said:
I also strongly believe the friendly should be accepted by the following monday. In reality we should all be online for the league games on sunday so all freindlies should be sorted by then.

Ithink if the organised friendly is not sorted by monday, then teams can look for other friendlies. The walkover will be worked out by whether the home team did or did not make the offer of the game.
I've spoken to ernesto about this before Mambo, you haven't been involved with the LU cup for a couple of seasons now so you probably don't know that ernesto usually accepts friendlies on Monday afternoons.....he doesn't connect on Sundays as he is a Pastor of a church and as you would know, is pretty busy on Sundays with all the goings on of running a large church! I'm not disagreeing with you here amigo as I reckon Monday arvos should be the cut off date to accept as well.....just letting you know his situation!

Corbin

Juniors
First of all i'd like to say im extremely sorry for my ignorance in the running of this comp, i have completely lost my intrest in hattrick and have decided to give the game away, So i will be having a complete sale of all my players soon.

Poida Raider already has a friendly for this week but that doesnt matter, sorry for being so igrorant

MrCharisma

Bench
chileman said:
I've spoken to ernesto about this before Mambo, you haven't been involved with the LU cup for a couple of seasons now so you probably don't know that ernesto usually accepts friendlies on Monday afternoons.....he doesn't connect on Sundays as he is a Pastor of a church and as you would know, is pretty busy on Sundays with all the goings on of running a large church! I'm not disagreeing with you here amigo as I reckon Monday arvos should be the cut off date to accept as well.....just letting you know his situation!

I agree... Monday nights at the latest. At least then we'll be able to get a friendly organised on the Tuesday

nibbs

Bench
well, the way things currently stand whenuapai fc will be the lu cup champions in around 50 minutes time. worth noting however, the party has already begun....

Poida_Raider

Bench
whats the table looking like these days? i'm pretty sure i'm undefeated since round 6. well 2 walkovers still count as undefeated!

nibbs

Bench
something like this i think...

..........................................P W D L F A +/- Pts

1. Whenuapai FC ..................10 9 0 1 48 9 +39 27
2. Hills Havoc ......................10 7 0 3 28 15 +13 21
3. Madtown Vikings ........... ..10 7 0 3 32 20 +12 21
4. Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen.. 10 6 2 2 36 18 +18 20

5. Central Coast Falcons .......10 6 2 2 25 12 +13 20
6. West Dubbo Firebugs .........10 5 1 4 31 23 +8 16
7. Rockhampton Wolves .........10 5 0 5 20 20 0 15
8. AFC Real Drexciya .............10 4 1 5 25 23 +2 13