What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaked nsw team

AMIG

Juniors
Leaked nsw team

hayne

ferguson

morris

jennings

morris

maloney

pearce

bird

lewis

hoffman

gallen

farah

tamau

gidley

watmough

merrin

fifita

saint.nick

Coach
Where the hell did this come from? Because my mate who doesn't even visit this website just leaked the exact same team to me. Can't believe Gidley got in.

Saint Anger

Juniors
Buzz Blogfield ha spammed this all over the internets like the merkin he is.

Gidley??? How does this prck even get a start??

hardbaby

Coach
Sounds dodgy but I hope it's true. That is the team I would pick. Great to see Fitita and Merrin there. Woods is unlucky. That's a winning team. For all the Gidley haters out there, he is playing bloody good footy, he's in your face, he's super competitive and the QLDers hate him. You need a utility and he is the best there is.

64 Dragon

Coach
Lewis is a better utility than Gidley. Pick another second rower or put Gallen back there and pick Aaron Woods.

Sounds dodgy but I hope it's true. That is the team I would pick. Great to see Fitita and Merrin there. Woods is unlucky. That's a winning team. For all the Gidley haters out there, he is playing bloody good footy, he's in your face, he's super competitive and the QLDers hate him. You need a utility and he is the best there is.

Gidley is absolutely f**ked. I think the last try assist he had was when Joey Johns was still playing.

If this is true, I commend Daley on not succumbing to the ridiculous media outcries regarding a position for Nathan Merritt. How f**king hard is it to catch a ball and put it over the line?That doesn't make a State of Origin winger. I'm sick of seeing him celebrate like he has scored the greatest individual try in premiership history every time he falls over the line on the end of a backline movement. Last week he got steamrolled by Koroibete to hand the Tigers a try and prove to everyone that he is defensive not up to the challenge.

TheRev

First Grade
If this is true, I commend Daley on not succumbing to the ridiculous media outcries regarding a position for Nathan Merritt. How f**king hard is it to catch a ball and put it over the line?That doesn't make a State of Origin winger. I'm sick of seeing him celebrate like he has scored the greatest individual try in premiership history every time he falls over the line on the end of a backline movement. Last week he got steamrolled by Koroibete to hand the Tigers a try and prove to everyone that he is defensive not up to the challenge.
Totally agree, however hes probably still going to be in camp to cover Morris's potential injury

Minh

First Grade
The thing with Kurt Gidley is that he can genuinely fill in for any of the vital positions 1, 6, 7, and 9. Those positions make up the spine of the team and Kurt can play equally well in any of them, he is more than a triangle player so to speak.

ebbedfred

Bench
The thing with Kurt Gidley is that he can genuinely fill in for any of the vital positions 1, 6, 7, and 9. Those positions make up the spine of the team and Kurt can play equally well in any of them, he is more than a triangle player so to speak.

He can cover any of these positions BUT is he in the top 3 NSW players in ANY of these positions? I don't think so. Which means he is getting picked in case of injury, but even if injuries don't happen, Daley will still put him on the field out of obligation, which means we'll prob have the 4th or 5th best hooker out there at some point of the game.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Laurie Daley selects debutants James Maloney, Blake Ferguson and Andrew Fifita for Origin I
PHIL ROTHFIELD
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
MAY 25, 2013 12:00AM
7 COMMENTS

Source: The Daily Telegraph
SYDNEY Roosters star James Maloney is one of three Blues debutants in the State of Origin side to be announced tomorrow night, beating his arch rival Todd Carney for the NSW No. 6 jersey.

The entire squad from 1-17 has been finalised and leaked to The Daily Telegraph with Canberra winger Blake Ferguson and Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita joining Maloney as first starters for the Blues.

Maloney got the nod ahead of Carney on the strength of his outstanding form alongside Mitch Pearce at the Roosters this year, and the fact he's been the regular and highly successful goal kicker.

Coach Laurie Daley is an old NSW five-eighth who has been tossing and turning for weeks over who should wear his old jersey.

FULL NSW SQUAD

In the end Maloney got the nod - but only by a whisker.

There are seven players missing from last year's Origin campaign because of injuries and stars who are out of form - Carney, Beau Scott, Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart, Brett Stewart, Tim Grant and Ben Creagh.

Manly second-rower Glenn Stewart declared himself unavailable, telling Daley he needs more work on his fitness when they spoke on the phone yesterday. Stewart missed the opening eight rounds of the competition and feels he's still a couple of games short of reaching the level of strength required for Origin.

He will continue playing for the Sea Eagles and hopes to be ready for game two in Brisbane on June 26, three weeks after the series opener.

Daley has applauded Stewart's honesty in putting the team before his own aspirations. Stewart would more than likely have passed a fitness test but believes game time is more important at this stage.

With Paul Gallen to play at prop, Greg Bird, Luke Lewis and Ryan Hoffman will fill the back row.

The NSW side will be officially confirmed by Daley at NRL headquarters tomorrow evening.

Only injuries over the weekend round could force changes.

Dragons winger Brett Morris has missed several weeks but has been chosen on the wing and is confident of proving his fitness.

The selection of Kurt Gidley on the bench will create controversy. Given he can play fullback, five-eighth, half-back, lock and hooker convinced Daley his versatility was required on the bench.

The fact not one player from South Sydney was chosen will anger Rabbitohs fans.

Winger Nathan Merritt, five-eighth John Sutton and halfback Adam Reynolds have been banging on the door of selectors for 10 rounds.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ita-for-origin-i/story-fni3fqyo-1226650215786

Latest posts