What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least favourite TV Commentator

Worst commentator of all time

• Total voters

undertaker

Coach
I remember buying cricket cards from Westfield Tuggerah (remember those ones that were in packs?) back in primary school when it opened during the mid-90s and am ashamed to say that one of them is of James Brayshaw (a.k.a Jamie Brayshaw during his playing days at South Australia. Jamie sounds like a little boy).

Edit: Here's some vintage Jamie Brayshaw from his playing days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DMiBvhajhM

Last edited:

snoozer

Bench
the f**kng pom drove me out years ago. what a wannabe nuffie. he must smoke kilometres of c**k.

i hate slats too.

radio only these days.

I usually mute the Nein commentary and listen to ABC despite it being slightly out of sync.

Having said that I do sometimes put up with the 9 commentary and I can't stand James Braytard or Ian Healy.

Me too, Healy should have been an option in this poll I think he would have got a few votes.

African Monkey

First Grade
I remember buying cricket cards from Westfield Tuggerah (remember those ones that were in packs?) back in primary school when it opened during the mid-90s and am ashamed to say that one of them is of James Brayshaw (a.k.a Jamie Brayshaw during his playing days at South Australia. Jamie sounds like a little boy).

Edit: Here's some vintage Jamie Brayshaw from his playing days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DMiBvhajhM

After watching that, I must say that his batting is far better than his commentary.

Brayshaw by the length of the Flemington straight, then Chappell. Nothing infuriates me more than listening to that f**king merkin impostor waffle his way through a session. Spends more time talking about anything but cricket and will pump the AFL up every chance he gets which leads me to believe his pay is being supplemented by Demetriou.

Then there's Chappelli... Great cricketing mind and knows shitloads but he's a f**king miser. You could be batting, 150 off 70 or 5/10 off 20 overs and he would still find fault in your game. He can always do it better or tell you how it can be done better.

JJ

Immortal
Bumble is excellent, not sure why he's there. Mark Taylor very good too IMO, and Slater and Nicholas are passable...

For me it's always been Ian Chappell, but Warne is far worse, far worse (and I was sure that couldn't be possible)... and who the f**k is Brayshaw?

Wouldn't it be great to have another summer of Bill Lawry, Tony Greig and Ritchie B

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I mute the f**kers and listen to the radio, even with it out of sync.

From what little I have heard this summer Bumble is excellent, Vaughan and Taylor have been good and the rest can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. I thought Hussey was ok when he got a go.

Jono1987

Juniors
All barring Bumble, Taylor and Vaughan have been terrible.

Sad that the best commentator left could only work during one test match.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They really should look to bring Vaughan and Bumble out here fulltime. It was like a breath of fresh air whenever they entered the commentary box. Maybe the poms will take a swap of Brayshaw and Healy.

Rod

Bench
Mostly all garbage except for Bumble, Vaughan and Lawry. Taylor is passable.

Warne comes pretty close to being the worst, which is a decent effort considering how little time he's been in there, but I can't go past Healy for the absolute worst. Biased and just yells out rubbish when he has nothing decent to say.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
IMO Vaughan, Lloyd and Taylor have been good all summer. And of course Lawry was great to have back.

Nicholas, Warne, Slats and Heals are ok, but I dont like Heals when he calls, he either goes over the top or misses stuff.

But Brayshaw and Chappelll, yukk.

Just not the same without Bill, Richie and Tony Greig.

Brutus

Referee
Cannot cop Brayshaw and Warne.

Victorian mentality even though Brayshaw is from Adelaide or Perth originally.

Brayshaw is such a tryhard.

8Ball

First Grade
Brayshaw by a long long way. Annoying as hell.

I thought everyone else was passable-ish. Everyone had their faults...eg.

Warne: "....but I *just* think that <insert way he would have done it better>"
Chappell: "<insert 50 ways that the game was not going to his liking>"

but they each added their own thing in their own way.

Definitely missed Lawry and Richie this summer... The poms (Vaughan and Bumble) were excellent additions.

The channel 9 team are 50000000000 times better than the VFL loving geniuss doing the BBL....

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Is it just me or has Chappell got worse over time.

I don't remember him being particularly annoying before but in the past few years he's become ridiculous.

Complaining about teams doing a celebratory huddle was the icing on the cake for me, "they need to stop wasting time and focus on winning the game" or something to that effect.

JJ

Immortal
I think he's always been like that, although he might be slightly more opinionated and curmudgeonly than every atm...

Ridiculous stuff really

Brutus

Referee
Anyone heard the Fairfax Radio coverage of late?

Victorian shit through and through.

I cannot stand Melbourne-flavoured coverage of anything.

Latest posts