What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least favourite TV Commentator

Worst commentator of all time

• Total voters

undertaker

Coach

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is that Peter Sterling commentating at 3:33-3:53? I listed to it many times and it sure sounds like him. ROFL if it is! I had absolutely no idea that he did cricket commentary for Channel 9. Wonder how he got the gig in a commentary box full of ex-test players and captains?

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That's definitely Sterlo. I remember they replayed this on Ch 9 a few years during a washout game and I was shocked when I heard his name mentioned.

This could've been after the Allan Border match where Fatty took that f***g catch and Sterlo was in the commentary box for that game.

The thing I remember that summer, 93-94 there were quite a few guest commentators. Back then the usual bunch were Richie, Bill, Tony, the Chappell Brothers. Richard Hadlee was the guest for the NZ series, then there was also Mike Whitney, Simon O'Donnell, Merv Hughes, Geoff Lawson. I don't think there were any South African commentators for that series.

undertaker

Coach
The thing I remember that summer, 93-94 there were quite a few guest commentators. Back then the usual bunch were Richie, Bill, Tony, the Chappell Brothers. Richard Hadlee was the guest for the NZ series, then there was also Mike Whitney, Simon O'Donnell, Merv Hughes, Geoff Lawson. I don't think there were any South African commentators for that series.

I think I stumbled across the footage on YouTube of even Ray Martin commentating from the ODIs that summer.

Edit: just to confirm, Australia vs South Africa, 3rd ODI final at the SCG

Last edited:

Latest posts