What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left of centre.

sladden road

Juniors
Well actually, left centre.
I think most of us agree that Sifa should move to the bench as a middle.
I am over starting Connor, give Iro a preseason and a season.
Tho I think it will be Connor. I’d be ok with Flanno or Parra buying him.
Two home finals. Two bad fugg ups.Bench utility.

Last edited:

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Well actually, left centre.
I think most of us agree that Sifa should move to the bench as a middle.
I am over starting Connor, give Iro a preseason and a season.
Tho I think it will be Connor. I’d be ok with Flanno or Parra buying him.
Two home finals. Two bad fugg ups.Bench utility.

What did Connor do wrong?

bluefox68

Staff member
I think Connor is the perfect bench utility.

Surely he can put on SOME weight over the off-season!

The non-Sharks commentators - who we love to hate - are saying that we need an X-FACTOR and a hard-nosed prop.

Inferno

Coach
The talk of x-factor is quite odd to me given our attack led the league for most of the season.

I think we need another middle and to move on a couple we already have.

CT to centre is worth trying. Having Teig and Sifa playing 50-60 quality minutes sharing time on the left edge and in the middle will hopefully lead less defensive issues for both. Solves two issues at once.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'd sooner have Connor at hooker than the award stealing Tinkerbell. Doesn't have a kicking game but so what? Tinkerbell allegedly has one but it must be covert because we never see it.

Mind you, I'd rather have Quincy Dodd at dummy half before TinkerPhuquingBell

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
You only need x-factor when plan A and plan B don’t work.
Unfortunately we don’t have a plan B most of the time

Quicksilver

Bench
I'd sooner have Connor at hooker than the award stealing Tinkerbell. Doesn't have a kicking game but so what? Tinkerbell alleges has one but it must be covert because we never see it.

Mind you, I'd rather have Quincy Dodd at dummy half before TinkerPhuquingBell
Lol

Stake Removed

First Grade
The talk of x-factor is quite odd to me given our attack led the league for most of the season.

I think we need another middle and to move on a couple we already have.

CT to centre is worth trying. Having Teig and Sifa playing 50-60 quality minutes sharing time on the left edge and in the middle will hopefully lead less defensive issues for both. Solves two issues at once.
Our attack was great against the bottom teams.
The top teams found us out pretty quick.
Next year it will get worse.
It all comes from Nicho, he gets stopped we have nothing.
Our hooker then will go wrong option each time

cb4

First Grade
We need speed and power in the team.
Iro has it.
Stonestreet has it.
Ronnie has it.
Ramie has it.
Katoa has power but no speed.
Kennedy has speed but minimal power.

Someone is going to be unlucky to miss out on a spot next year, however, one name probably won't be here anyway.
Talakai needs to go back to the bench for impact. Get him off his diet and back on to eating whatever he wants.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We need speed and power in the team.
Iro has it.
Stonestreet has it.
Ronnie has it.
Ramie has it.
Katoa has power but no speed.
Kennedy has speed but minimal power.

Someone is going to be unlucky to miss out on a spot next year, however, one name probably won't be here anyway.
Talakai needs to go back to the bench for impact. Get him off his diet and back on to eating whatever he wants.
Are you indicating one of them is going out the door

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am unsure why Iro never gets a chance.

Been in our system for years, conquered Reggie's, winning premiership, player of the year playing left centre, but cannot get start.

Perhaps he is a poor trainer, has off field discipline issues, not in the mean girls club, pissed off the wrong person, no idea.

All I know is we spent years, development contracts, groomed specifically at left centre and do not give him a shot.

The kid is also NZ league royalty. Many things in this world I do not understand, this is one.

cb4

First Grade
I am unsure why Iro never gets a chance.

Been in our system for years, conquered Reggie's, winning premiership, player of the year playing left centre, but cannot get start.

Perhaps he is a poor trainer, has off field discipline issues, not in the mean girls club, pissed off the wrong person, no idea.

All I know is we spent years, development contracts, groomed specifically at left centre and do not give him a shot.

The kid is also NZ league royalty. Many things in this world I do not understand, this is one.
His defence is shocking.
He was absolutely monstered in a Final by 18 year old Paul Alomoti and I think that sent a few alarm bells across the club.
At the time when Talakai was in and out of form, they should have perhaps given him a run, but went with Connor.
Attitude and defence are the things he seems to need to work on, doesn't feel like he wants to do it here.
If he does, he is my first choice for next year.

Stake Removed

First Grade
His defence is shocking.
He was absolutely monstered in a Final by 18 year old Paul Alomoti and I think that sent a few alarm bells across the club.
At the time when Talakai was in and out of form, they should have perhaps given him a run, but went with Connor.
Attitude and defence are the things he seems to need to work on, doesn't feel like he wants to do it here.
If he does, he is my first choice for next year.
If he wants to go, cant see why we would keep him then.

We need a left centre though, Tracey is not up to it, nor Talakai.

Option would be to move Mulitalo to centre with Stonetreet as winger.

There is limited centres on the market.
Billy Smith or Brad Parker, not sure if they would be right fix.

chewsta

First Grade
I'd like to see Tracey given a shot at centre if Iro dips out on us. Let CT focus on being a centre and nothing else for an entire off season/regular season without having to worry about being a winger/fullback/centre/lock/prop or in and out of the firsts and seconds teams at any given moment.

Let Sifa and Teig fight it out for Wade's spot.

Omnishark2

Juniors
His defence is shocking.
I agree CB4, whenever I've watched any Jets games, Iro's defence has been terrible.
If he hasn't got his defensive game together by now, you have to wonder if he ever will.

What about the UK - any good centre options there ?

Jake Wardell ?
Harry Newman ?
Mark Percival ?

I've only seen the odd Kayo Mini, so regular Superleague viewers will know more.
Probably under contract too (not that that means much these days ...)