What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legal Action Thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
"the initial statement of claim incorrectly pleaded that Mr Rothfield was a journalist"

Thats my favourite bit thus far

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I'm trying to work out the biggest goose in this whole debacle.

The club employing a guy without a medical degree to inject players, a coach who had no idea what his players were doing in the room next door or a bloke injecting players who calls himself a sports scientist without a medical degree trying to sure for defamation?

Or the gazelle?

Frailty

First Grade
I'm trying to work out the biggest goose in this whole debacle.

The club employing a guy without a medical degree to inject players, a coach who had no idea what his players were doing in the room next door or a bloke injecting players who calls himself a sports scientist without a medical degree trying to sure for defamation?

Or the gazelle?

You don't need to be a medical degree to be a Sport Scientist... Just a degree in Exercise and Sports Science... He did not achieve this...

Card Shark

Immortal
You don't need to be a medical degree to be a Sport Scientist... Just a degree in Exercise and Sports Science... He did not achieve this...

Wonder he didnt con his way to get that.

I'd like to hear stories of dank growing up & starting out - what was his character like in the old days? A bullshit artist then as well?

Snoop Shark

First Grade

Understood what I was getting at was the whole injecting thing.

I'm old school but the only person jabbing me is a quack(or nurse)

Frailty

First Grade
Wonder he didnt con his way to get that.

I'd like to hear stories of dank growing up & starting out - what was his character like in the old days? A bullshit artist then as well?

He got a Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry, and then started a PhD in Sport Science, but never finished. A professor of his during the PhD said he was a good student and even got him to assist on a paper he was working on...

That professor was doing some work for Adelaide Crows and apparently Dank approached him and was talking about all these snakeoil supplements (like Peptides are).

So it seemed like Dank was promising but then turned to exploiting the dumb.

Surely

Post Whore
He went to the dark side but only when he came to cronulla so asada and the NRL tell us.

fizman

Bench
Snoop, I can confirm 100% that the Cronulla Sharks and the Board of Directors are totally innocent. Our "official" supplement program was completely above board with file records provided.

The Board was told that Danks was brought into the club to assist with the GPS for the HPU.

He was never paid officially by the Club.

The Head Coach and Support Staff acted completely independent to the Clubs official programs. It is a fact that none of this was reported to the Board until AFTER the press conference.

I hold no legal qualifications, but I cannot see how the Club can be sued when it can be proven that individuals secretly worked outside of the Clubs own programs.

Foz

Bench
I have no legal knowledge Fiz but I'm guessing it's something to do with the club has a duty to take care of the players.The people the club employed May not have done that.Weve copped fines for something similar from the NRL.They hold the club responsible for not having measures in place.
I know it's hard to control when people do things outside the guidelines of what they've been told.
Basically the clubs at fault because the people they employed May of erred.
Only my guess but a bad comparison might be you go to a bank and you get $20k ripped off by a bank employee.You sue the bank to get your money back even though the Bank doesn't know the employees ripped your money off.
The bank would probably sack the employee.

Then again I could be way off the mark but I've been trying to think why the players would sue the club rather than anyone who may be responsible.Can the club then sue any negligent employee?
Was hoping there was a legal eagle on here to explain.

Snoop, I can confirm 100% that the Cronulla Sharks and the Board of Directors are totally innocent. Our "official" supplement program was completely above board with file records provided.

The Board was told that Danks was brought into the club to assist with the GPS for the HPU.

He was never paid officially by the Club.

The Head Coach and Support Staff acted completely independent to the Clubs official programs. It is a fact that none of this was reported to the Board until AFTER the press conference.

I hold no legal qualifications, but I cannot see how the Club can be sued when it can be proven that individuals secretly worked outside of the Clubs own programs.

This is the point
Who was paying for Danks (Gazelle, Clinic staff etc)
ASADA doesn't know
The players don't know
Was it a conspiracy against our great Club??:x

Stoner Rock

Juniors