What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legend Dragons Matt Cooper podcast .

Ghostrider22

Juniors
All Dragons fans need to listen to the podcast with Andy Raymond interview with M Cooper.
All on Peter Doust and his promises on why Cooper retired early.
Dragons should bring back Cooper to the club next year under Flanno and his coaching staff would be a huge asset as a defence coach.
John, what a great podcast from Coops, Doust has a lot skeletons doesn’t he. It would be great to see Matt back with Dragons. I hope it happens, cheers

Victoire

Juniors
It's a hard listen (and not just because Coops isn't the most articulate guy in the world). Shameful treatment of a club legend. No-one is entitled to employment at the club of course, but the fact he was explicitly promised it - and declined a rich playing contract overseas because of that promise - only for the club to renege is quite reprehensible.

since77

Juniors
You could really hear the contempt he had for Steve Price in his voice, wow.

So the fans knew Price was a dud, the players knew it, but still the clowns on the board doubled down and extended the useless clod. Then of course they made 2 equally terrible coaching appointments after that, doubling down on both of them too!!!!

The second half of the podcast just confirms for me the unbelievably incompetent way the board was run over the last decade or more. The more I think about it the more I'm stunned we avoided a wooden spoon with those fools running the joint with their own self interests getting priority over the wellbeing of the football team.
Shameful.

p.s loved to hear Matt mentioning that without Sowie we don't win in 2010. So true.
Loved the rats tail story too.

justadragon

Bench
You could really hear the contempt he had for Steve Price in his voice, wow.

So the fans knew Price was a dud, the players knew it, but still the clowns on the board doubled down and extended the useless clod. Then of course they made 2 equally terrible coaching appointments after that, doubling down on both of them too!!!!

The second half of the podcast just confirms for me the unbelievably incompetent way the board was run over the last decade or more. The more I think about it the more I'm stunned we avoided a wooden spoon with those fools running the joint with their own self interests getting priority over the wellbeing of the football team.
Shameful.

p.s loved to hear Matt mentioning that without Sowie we don't win in 2010. So true.
Loved the rats tail story too.
I do agree that the board should have done its due diligence with Price and primarily so, but they took the easy option and went with Wayne's recommendation. For whatever reason Bennett must have known Price was a dud, surely, everybody else knew it. If all the players knew Price was a dud, wouldn't that go around the club as well. But yet Price was made coach, doubled down with McF%$kit and then topped it off with Griffin. As I said before, "self harm" should be the boards motto.

Dragon David

First Grade
I do agree that the board should have done its due diligence with Price and primarily so, but they took the easy option and went with Wayne's recommendation. For whatever reason Bennett must have known Price was a dud, surely, everybody else knew it. If all the players knew Price was a dud, wouldn't that go around the club as well. But yet Price was made coach, doubled down with McF%$kit and then topped it off with Griffin. As I said before, "self harm" should be the boards motto.
The whole effin management has a lot to answer for, for its poor decisions in the last 11 years (not including the current one as it is ongoing and we have to see how things are in a few months time). How in heavens name can they have been so useless and maybe still?

How will all end up guys? Unless the sponsors demand massive changes to the way the club is being run nothing will change!