What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leichhart the myth

Bench
To all the old Balmain supporters who reckon all games should be played at the fortress:lol:
We were pethetic,full house shut out on wednesday,a spot in the 8 on the line,and what did we deliver.:x
We never played that bad at Cambo,I don't wan't to ever hear the 12 point better team,12 games at Leichhardt crap again.:x

gallagher

Juniors
Totally agree. It doesnt matter where you play, you gotta turn up.
Why not take the money and go fulltime to telstra?
3 from 6 against a side thats yet to make the semi. ohhhhh the intimidation of Leichhardt.
Only Benny,Blocker and a bunch of moronic supporters believe that crap.

gallagher

Juniors
only 4 replies..............
after a win we get dozens crapping on how, if we played ther fulltime we'd finish in the top 4

ahhh the magic

Eddie.

Bench
Yep, Today put the Leichhardt factor to bed. 37-12, and lucky the damage didn't get to 50+

We must face facts - The team has been tripe at all home grounds this season.

And the conclusion - The team is mediocre, hence their mediocre position on the ladder

Bench
Eddie. said:
Yep, Today put the Leichhardt factor to bed. 37-12, and lucky the damage didn't get to 50+

We must face facts - The team has been tripe at all home grounds this season.

And the conclusion - The team is mediocre, hence their mediocre position on the ladder
Agreed,we are ordinary.

gallagher

Juniors
I think most fair mined supporters agree.
But if we play all our home games at Leichhardt.........................................

Michaelson

Juniors
Maybe we should get rid of all our home grounds and play all games at away stadiums because we were so pathetic today at home... Or are you saying that we're a worse team at leichhardt?

We're obviously a better team at leichhardt than at Telstra. We're also better at Cambo than Telstra. It's also better to watch games at either stadium than at Telstra.

One bad performance doesn't change those facts. The ground you play at is only one factor, and it's dwarfed by other factors such as who plays and the attitude they take into the game.

Today was completely disheartening, no argument from me there, and playing at Leichhardt doesn't add 12 points to our scoreline, and anything can happen in 80 minutes on a footy field, but if you don't think the Tigers generally play better in front of a big crowd at our traditional home stadiums you're kidding yourself.

gallagher

Juniors
Michaelson said:
Maybe we should get rid of all our home grounds and play all games at away stadiums because we were so pathetic today at home... Or are you saying that we're a worse team at leichhardt?

We're obviously a better team at leichhardt than at Telstra. We're also better at Cambo than Telstra. It's also better to watch games at either stadium than at Telstra.

One bad performance doesn't change those facts. The ground you play at is only one factor, and it's dwarfed by other factors such as who plays and the attitude they take into the game.

Today was completely disheartening, no argument from me there, and playing at Leichhardt doesn't add 12 points to our scoreline, and anything can happen in 80 minutes on a footy field, but if you don't think the Tigers generally play better in front of a big crowd at our traditional home stadiums you're kidding yourself.
I'm lost to which side your arguing.

Michaelson

Juniors
I didn't realise there were only two options.

Cliff notes: we are a better team at Leichhardt. Just like there is a general 'home ground advantage,' there is also an advantage to our team in playing at Leichhardt over Telstra. One bad performance doesn't change that fact.

Additionally, Leichhardt has more atmosphere in my view than almost any other stadium I've watched a footy game at, which is another benefit to playing there.

The '12 point better team at leichhardt' stuff is bullcrap, but so is reading too much into today's performance. If we played all our home games at Leichhardt and Cambo we'd win more games.

gallagher

Juniors
since we've played some of our home games at Telstra we've won 60% of those games. Thats pretty comparible to LO isnt it?

Michaelson

Juniors
You tell me, I don't have the stats. these things work themselves out over long periods of time, though. As I also said, I think there's merit at playing at a suburban ground with real atmosphere.

My real point is that it's just as stupid to come out bashing Leichhardt because we put in a shocker today, as it is to come out and say we're a 12 point better team there just because of one good performance a couple of weeks ago.

gallagher

Juniors
simon says said:
Good to see the Magpie Nazi's flapping their wings about Leichhardt.

You dead set suck ass.

You can all crap on about the 'majic' of Leichhardt but cant cop the truth.
If people said they wanted games there just because they love the ground then I would cop it but all this other crap about how much better we are there is just crap.

And I'm a magpie nazi am I? Well i'd love to see all our home games at Telstra next year. Would you Simon? Nah I dont think so, a bit too much Balmain in you. No wests tigers to be seen at all.

simon says

First Grade
As if we arent hurting enough.....and our own suppoerters are giving us crap about the ground that we love and means so much to us....

Pissweak effort IMO.....

And we had won 10 out of our last 12 games there before today.

Id say that we go pretty well there.

gallagher

Juniors
simon says said:
As if we arent hurting enough.....and our own suppoerters are giving us crap about the ground that we love and means so much to us....

Pissweak effort IMO.....

And we had won 10 out of our last 12 games there before today.

Id say that we go pretty well there.
66% at LO and 60% at Telstar since its been a home ground. Not much diff considering the money being offered.

You follow wests tigers or balmain?

simon says

First Grade
I follow Wests Tigers,Bret and the Maggies.

I prefer watching a game at LO or CS rather than TS.....

Whats yer point...??

gallagher

Juniors
simon says said:
I follow Wests Tigers,Bret and the Maggies.

I prefer watching a game at LO or CS rather than TS.....

Whats yer point...??

Playing at LO doesnt assure us of a win. Most posts leading up to this weeks games would tell you differently.

When we win there its the 'majic' of LO when we lose there its the players fault. There's no reason why the game should have not been to moved to Telstra and no reason why we shouldnt move there fulltime and take the money.