What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

saints4me

Juniors
I watched a lot of U20's this year and Leilua was head and shoulders above everyone all season. He has great ball skills for someone his size. His pass that was intercepted was just one of those things that happen in a game. Maybe he does need to work on his fitness but those who are writing him off are the same one's who are whinging we're not keeping our best juniors. He's a keeper who can only get better. I hope he stays.

nrlnrl

First Grade
The game was already lost before Leiluia's intercept, although I agree with your assessment apropos his fitness.

ATM, he resembles Matt Mundine in body shape (and we all know how his career went).
I understand your point, but big difference is he's averaged 36 minutes per game in 5 appearances. I thought he was disappointing last Friday, but noticed a bandage near his knee. It could've been that & the decision weighing on his mind. His offloads bring something to the team that is against the coach's 'game plan' but I would love to see Dufty given a roving role on the wing to run off Leilua with his speed. He reads a game so well & has already formed a good combo on the left in U20's.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I watched a lot of U20's this year and Leilua was head and shoulders above everyone all season. He has great ball skills for someone his size. His pass that was intercepted was just one of those things that happen in a game. Maybe he does need to work on his fitness but those who are writing him off are the same one's who are whinging we're not keeping our best juniors. He's a keeper who can only get better. I hope he stays.

Spot on agree

Carlton

Juniors
Host had a great game for the Cutters and is a class player. Leilua is a hit and miss player and gave a stupid pass which cost the Under 20's the game. Host shone at a higher level.
I agree that Leilua has a great offload and runs the ball well but he can play brilliantly and then do stupid things. I hope we keep him but he needs to streamline his body and reduce his error rate.

I want both of them, I don't want to choose.

Gareth67

First Grade
There was an article in the Sunday Telagraph quite recently , where it mentioned a unnamed CEO of a struggling club was reluctant to return phone calls .
So much so that " it could quite possibly cost his Club the signature of a very promising junior " .

The article also said that other clubs were circling , awaiting the opportunity to snatch this player from under their very noses !

Does this sound familiar , perhaps someone who is steering the good ship S.S. Joint Venture onto the only rock in the ocean , for miles around ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
The prolonged wait is probably because Doust , the board and coaching staff are trying to secure their futures for the next few years ....

The reason for the delay has been well documented.
It is out of the clubs hands and may not be decided until early November unless a settlement can be reached prior.
When you write things like you have, a lot of the simpletons and fan pages take it as gospel ! :)

TruSaint

Referee
It is out of the clubs hands and may not be decided until early November unless a settlement can be reached prior.
When you write things like you have, a lot of the simpletons and fan pages take it as gospel ! :)

Fair point JB.
I think Hazza , as i do ,want Luc to stay.. Too many rumours and innuendo to keep track of. Point taken though.

watatank

Coach
I want both of them, I don't want to choose.

There is no choice between Leilua and Host and I don't know where we got the idea that there is one. They are different players. Host is someone who we will look to have in our middle forward rotation. Leilua is a versatile ball playing forward with skills which we don't have. He is raw but he's the type of player that will come back to bite us if he establishes himself.

hazzbeen

Bench
Point taken Jubilee , just so frustrating that nothing great is happening which needs to . Us fans need a lift whether its a signing or a new coach something has to give .

Carlton

Juniors
There is no choice between Leilua and Host and I don't know where we got the idea that there is one. They are different players. Host is someone who we will look to have in our middle forward rotation. Leilua is a versatile ball playing forward with skills which we don't have. He is raw but he's the type of player that will come back to bite us if he establishes himself.

They are different types of players, and they are both young and yet to establish themselves. But, even if they were the same type of player we should aspire to keep two of our best juniors.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
A valid point. However on the flip side, I bet if he was a junior at another club, he would of been re-signed months ago. For some reason, things just don't seem to move smoothly or quickly at the Dragons.

possm

Coach
Why can't one of our sponsors organize some promotional work for him and use these funds to pay out this greedy player manager.

Latest posts