What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LER XIII results round 3

Ari Gold

Bench
Once again UTC seem to have performed strongly. Good to see that Limoux pulled off a surprise win over Carcassone....wasnt that game a local derby? hope there were some good crowds....

screeny

Bench
I thought all UTC were full timers now? Villeneuve used to be but I presume that thier financial predicament has put paid to that full time status.

Narcissist

Juniors
Villeneuve - St Gaudens 900 spectateurs
Toulouse - Villefranche 1070 spectateurs
Lyon - Lezignan 300 spectateurs
Limoux - Carcassonne 2000 spectateurs
PIA - UTC 3800 spectateurs

TOTAL
8070 Spectateurs

And the Limoux vs Carcassonne result wasn't an upset, Limoux haven't lost yet this season and Carca haven't won. Carca were a quality side last year what has happened Puig?

carlnz

Bench
Thats a pretty good effort from the French people..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I take it they have to pay to attend if so how much??

Can anyone tell me how many people turned up to the Final last year?

Atticus Finch

Juniors
carlnz said:
What were the crowds like?

They probably stood or sat on the other side of the touchline and watched the action on the field. What is the rugby league obsession with crowd figures? It's pathetic and neurotic. Only the clubs themselves (who make money from it) should care really.

Sometimes the size of the crowd seems more important than the scoreline. :?

iggy plop

First Grade
Atticus Finch said:
carlnz said:
What were the crowds like?

They probably stood or sat on the other side of the touchline and watched the action on the field. What is the rugby league obsession with crowd figures? It's pathetic and neurotic. Only the clubs themselves (who make money from it) should care really.

Sometimes the size of the crowd seems more important than the scoreline. :?

When quizzing about the French comp, for me at least, crowds are more important than the scorelines. They are a good indicator of interest. UTC's crowds seem up there and bigger than some French union crowds.

Atticus Finch

Juniors
Fair point. But it just seems sometimes that we get too hung up on them. It's nearly always the first question people ask: "How many were there?" Not "who won?" On this thread, it was the second post!

carlnz

Bench
hahaha its because just looking at the results they all seam very close and in the back ground it looked like a lot of people their!!

Plus France always gets 8,000 - 10,000 to the big league tests against NZ or AUS...

Is league back on the rise in France?