What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less Than 2 Minutes

petetheileet

First Grade
The time it took Jason Ryles to give away a dumb penalty, put us on the back foot and help the bunnies get a repeat set and score a try...

was it his 1st tackle of the match???

petetheileet

First Grade
15 minutes later....

loses the ball on the first tackle after a penalty....

Then mouths off at the referee giving souths a penalty and set inside our 20

Dragonwest

Juniors
that first penalty was bullshit, it was a square up for the slow play the ball in the ruck before. Everytime ryles is involved in a tackle u here badger say role off Jason, release straight away. He a victim of his own bad media.

He does however got to learn how to react to it, he is his own worst enemy with his mouth and nothing going to change unless he shuts it and lets his footy do the talking.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
2 min: Petetheileet lays the boot into Ryles.
Conversion unsuccessful.
Dragons win 26-12

petetheileet

First Grade
lol mate i put myself on the line earlier in the week, i just wanted to show i wasn't blowin **** outa my arse..

lol

Dragon

Coach
Ryles played really well today i thought, as did all the forwards. Sure it was a **** first half, but the ref was a biased prick and we only got 2 penalties all game. Would be some sore bodies after today because Souths do try to bash teams up. Was hoping Soward would put Ryles in under the sticks, oh well.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Was hoping Soward would put Ryles in under the sticks, oh well.
lol. He came close.

Sorry Pete, but after seeing this thread I was willing Ryles to make a 30m bust and do a swan dive between the posts.

Potsie

Juniors
Ryles is always worth a few penalties, but I do agree they were pathetic. But overall he ran the ball very well and took it to the Bunnies. Creagh had a blinder

I think the main concern is Chase Stanley. Cant catch, cant tackle and looks lost in the defensive line.

petetheileet

First Grade
Ryles is always worth a few penalties, but I do agree they were pathetic. But overall he ran the ball very well and took it to the Bunnies. Creagh had a blinder

I think the main concern is Chase Stanley. Cant catch, cant tackle and looks lost in the defensive line.

The kids a major talent....

Play a bloke outa his position and look what it does to his game

eg. Josh Morris

Potsie

Juniors
A Talent? I havent seen any indication of this and I have seen approx 90% of the games he has played. Out of position? he has played enough in the 3/4's to know how and when to slide in defence and being out of position doesnt excuse his bad hands. Excuses are like armpits, they all smell and everyones got them.

I initially reserved judgement on him, but I dont think he is up to it (at least at this point). He still looks lost.

petetheileet

First Grade
i watched him play most of his SG Ball games just 2 - 3 years ago when he was in the back row with a mate of mine.... he is not a back.. he's been put in the forwards earlier in the year but got bashed and couldnt handle it....

Personally i think he can be excused of that...im pretty sure he turned just 19 some time in May

Dunno how easy it is to slide when ur on the wing??? ( Im pretty sure thats reserved for the people inside u) and have Soward inside u and a left centre playing right side in the second row...

he cant be blamed for that early try..

I thought he has played quite well in the early parts of the year sometimes being high up in the tackle counts and making good meters with people hanging off him.

In years to come he will have 60 - 70 1st grade games under his belt at an age where most bloke are making their NRL Debut

Being soo young and having a lot of time to work on little things in his game in years to come he will be a top back rower!

petetheileet

First Grade
lol the image of me giving him the finger and screaming at the top of my lungs at him at the end of the sharks game is still probably burned into his memory!

lol

juanfarkall

Coach
Can anyone remember if there was a scrum in the match where Badger did not pull it up and force a second feed ?
He was almost as ordinary as the timekeeper.

petetheileet

First Grade
how annoying is it aye!

Every one know the scrum is now futile, so why waste all that time and all that trouble in getting it perfect???

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can anyone remember if there was a scrum in the match where Badger did not pull it up and force a second feed ?
He was almost as ordinary as the timekeeper.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

The next scrum had the Souths hooker with knees across the tunnel. No dramas with that.

On the subject of scrums...

The supposed 'reasoning' for changing the rule interpretations was to remove the so-called 'blight' on the game. It seems to me that they have simply replaced one blight with a new blight.

Bring back real scrums. The team that breaches the rules simply loses the challenge, the ref can hand the ball over to the opposition.

Mr Red

First Grade

agree 100% - the kid has nothing ! i have been saying this for 2 seasons now and he is yet to prove me wrong:
- too slow for an outside back
- too soft for a forward with poor defense
- makes ridiculous decisions in defense
- very poor ball security, drops it more often then not
- seems to not really care when he makes an error

sorry stanley supporters - i just dont see anything there with him. he was a standout as a junior as he was a lot bigger then the other kids his age, but now he is playing with guys the same size he is lacking in a lot of areas.

Latest posts