What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less Than 2 Minutes

Mr Red

First Grade
Mr Red you're still talking nonsense re: Stanley. I dont remember many "useless" players making their Test debut at age 18. His offloading talent is among the best in our team - the ability to hold off bigger players, maintain balance and get a decent offload away is pretty impressive for a kid who hasn't finished growing yet. His future is in the backrow and a bright future it is.

i really hope you are right regarding stanley's future, as i hope for the dragons sake he does turn out to be a valuable asset... but like i said at the moment he is producing rubbish and isnt really up to first grade standard..
there needs to be A LOT of work done with him, particularly with his defense and ball security..
lets face it - when we are back at full strength there is no way in hell he should make our top 17 each week...
:cool:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Stanley will have his best or worst game this season on Friday evening
He believes that he is a centre and has been told that elsewhere he would be a starting centre
He’ll have Bennett watching him play and every other coach in the NRL probably as well and he’ll be keen to show his wares. I’d say offloads to big Dell will be attempted aplenty and that he’ll have a very high work rate
He has been sulking lately and perhaps his chance in the centres will mitigate that as well
I hope for his sake that he and Dell cover that right side because the Broncos will throw every thing that they have at them

Tanner Ave

Juniors
I think it all hinges on Gaz, if he stays then we will not need a permanent centre until Dean is ready to step up so we may afford to let him go. If Gaz goes then we may need to fast track him in. What the hell is happening with that situation anyway? Have they given him the captancy so that he can leave league saying that he has had the C next to his name at every level?

Mr Red

First Grade
Stanley will have his best or worst game this season on Friday evening
He believes that he is a centre and has been told that elsewhere he would be a starting centre
He’ll have Bennett watching him play and every other coach in the NRL probably as well and he’ll be keen to show his wares. I’d say offloads to big Dell will be attempted aplenty and that he’ll have a very high work rate
He has been sulking lately and perhaps his chance in the centres will mitigate that as well
I hope for his sake that he and Dell cover that right side because the Broncos will throw every thing that they have at them

yep i think this could be a game that makes or breaks him.. i agree with the "sulking" comment... he has looked like a kid who has had his toys taken off him, further re-enforcing my claim that he is not ready for first grade - physically or mentally..

Cagey Mac

Bench
Gaz will stay and Stanley if he sticks around will develop initially from a utility role
(latter is speculation on my part)