What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's be Frank about Gus

Alice hindy is ok Sure his views may not agree with us But they are always respectively put forward. Our forums should always be open to all. Some like Ryno push the boundaries but they get holidays when that happens

Rhyno’s great when he tips against us. 99.99% of the time he gets it wrong.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Timing is everything, and it is always risky to offer your views in a "foreign" team forum straight after they've been hammered. Give it a couple of days to calm down.

Well said Frog. I'll admit I'm not a patient person especially when subtle digs are being made when the team played poorly. Especially by a poster from another forum.
Below is the quote that led to my comment.

Who gets credit for Jennings,Pritchard,Lewis,Graheme, Wesser,Becket, Grant, Coote,Wallace.
That bunch of juniors was just as or more impressive then current

Now how many years does a person go back ?. Now 1967 sounds good.

The Realist

Juniors
Well said Frog. I'll admit I'm not a patient person especially when subtle digs are being made when the team played poorly. Especially by a poster from another forum.
Below is the quote that led to my comment.

Now how many years does a person go back ?. Now 1967 sounds good.

Nope Hindy pretty much nailed it but since it invalidated your argument you spat the dummy. He missed Sam McKendry and I am sure a fair few others.

Panfa

Juniors
Read an article saying gould is on about 1mil a season and hes doing nothing this yr as his power has been taken away by dave oneill and the board.He was overuled on bennett not a fan of Cleary and ivan even had written in his contract that gus has no say in the team.The only way gus can regain his power is if the club has a bad start to the yr is struggling and they have a new board voted in.So im not sure if he is hoping we go bad so he can regain control but its getting ridiculous at the moment.Cronulla has enquired about his services as gus lives in the shire and cronulla seeking his expertise.He has knocked back cronulla for now but in my opinion we need to get rid of him asap as we are paying big dollars to have him doing nothing and he is like a cancer in the club right now.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Read an article saying gould is on about 1mil a season and hes doing nothing this yr as his power has been taken away by dave oneill and the board.He was overuled on bennett not a fan of Cleary and ivan even had written in his contract that gus has no say in the team.The only way gus can regain his power is if the club has a bad start to the yr is struggling and they have a new board voted in.So im not sure if he is hoping we go bad so he can regain control but its getting ridiculous at the moment.Cronulla has enquired about his services as gus lives in the shire and cronulla seeking his expertise.He has knocked back cronulla for now but in my opinion we need to get rid of him asap as we are paying big dollars to have him doing nothing and he is like a cancer in the club right now.

Is that the same article that mentions the two Clearys have contracts worth a combined 10 million? We really have gambled everything on those two, and all because the Cleary is mates with the chairman of the board.

Good luck us.

Fangs

Coach
Gus v Clearys.

Gus 1 million times over.

Too late now...won't have long left here.

darkbloom

Juniors

His contract was recently extended by 5 years. Cronulla cannot afford to pay him what he is on now.

Bob

Juniors
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...h/news-story/ea2b4dddec45e028d9521d70e6aa744e

Fox reporting the Sharks are trying to poach Gould. It is James Hooper, though. I think it more likely Gus is planning to leave Panthers shortly and just work in media. He's not in fantastic health for his age and appears to be quite the workaholic. He can't possibly need the money.
I don’t think he needs the money either, his love seems to be horse racing, he part owns a few horses at the Widdup racing stables at Hawkesbury

darkbloom

Juniors
I don’t think he needs the money either, his love seems to be horse racing, he part owns a few horses at the Widdup racing stables at Hawkesbury

If he is still on the punt then its London to a brick he does need the money. I doubt he would get unless he is given a very big proportion of the remaining 4 - maybe over 4 - years left on his contract.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im a bit torn between Gus being on the outer. The board were in the wrong on the coaching situation.

I think we've upgraded from Hook. Not by much. But we do have a coach capable of getting us past week 2 of finals. However Gus has kind of f**ked our salary cap and we now have a roster incapable of making week 3 of finals unless we're at full strength and everyone has found form.

How can we be anywhere near the cap limit? We should be topping up contracts with TPAs. Getting guys to stay for a bit below matket value etc. And not be stuck match the highest bids for every player we keep.

We have just repeated history.

Grant, Mckendry, Jennings, Coote, Lewis etc. Is now RCG, JFH, Blake, Cleary, Yeo etc.

We're signing guys on overs and unable to put the players around them to get them to their potential. Or sadly in some cases we do have the quality but injuries and/or age have limited their ability. The Mansour and Whare running around today are not close to the form which made them fan favorites. ACL injuries can get f**ked. Ruined Mckendrys career also.

Yet we happily throw long deals at guys recovering from serious and repeat injuries. Gus f**ked that up aswell as trying to maximise everyones earning potential

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I’m just kinda astounded that we just hired a guy we had already fired before simply because he is friends with the board chairman. After being pissed off with Gould’s decision to hire Griffin with no interview, I think this is even worse.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I’m just kinda astounded that we just hired a guy we had already fired before simply because he is friends with the board chairman. After being pissed off with Gould’s decision to hire Griffin with no interview, I think this is even worse.
May be sponsors dont make good directors

Fangs

Coach
Anyone else see Gus in the sheds at halftime on Friday night? Walked straight past the camera.

Ivan said this week that he doesn't even know what Gus' job is.