What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets just have 1 special named week/round of footy and get on with it.

Your special week in footys name is.........

• Total voters

ClintDogg

Juniors
Please fill out the poll with the options provided.

Your opinion doesn't matter in this thread.

Hallatia

Referee
I like the idea of naming each week, but it should be done better, to get more people through the turnstiles.

ClintDogg

Juniors
I like the idea of naming each week, but it should be done better, to get more people through the turnstiles.

It doesn't need 2 be dragged out tho. Should be just 1 week, and different foundations or what ever they r representing for each different ground.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Agree with the OP

It gives me the ships every time the saints don't play in the red V at kogarah. I'm always happy to donate large to a charity or two but stop messing with my team. And if we have to have Heritage round then how about some 1970 or 1980 shirts not some obscure 1935 tripe.

and also .... Heritage round ... for Melbourne / titans / cowboys? please!

The All Stars idea is a winner though

flippikat

Bench
Yeah, the number of special rounds is getting a little crazy.. I mean, if this keeps up.. what next?

Syphilitic midget awareness round? :shock:

flippikat

Bench
Agree with the OP

It gives me the ships every time the saints don't play in the red V at kogarah. I'm always happy to donate large to a charity or two but stop messing with my team. And if we have to have Heritage round then how about some 1970 or 1980 shirts not some obscure 1935 tripe.

and also .... Heritage round ... for Melbourne / titans / cowboys? please!

The All Stars idea is a winner though

You have a good point - there are some designs that haven't been looked at that could be great for heritage strips (I've seen the discussion here before).

Souths made a great choice to revive the "minties" strip for heritage round a couple years ago.. and best of all they kept the jersey quite accurate to the original design.

I was hoping that it may have spurred other teams to look at 1980s designs to revive, but it hasn't happened yet - a shame.