What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets let Hindy go to another team.

Fathead

Bench
Ok - I reckon we should do the right thing for Hindy and let him off the rest of his contract.
Its so unfair for him to be playing with so many pretenders he should be able to find a club with players who have the same work ethic as he does.

Thanks Hindy - 75 tackles last week The only one to show any semblance of aggro this week You deserve better.

If he was playing with the Broncos or another team that actually puts in he would have the long awaited premiership he deserves - with these bunch of softies he will have zip.

What a crock..... sorry Hindy.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
I disagree slightly!! There are 3 blokes that put their hand-up week in week out. Hindy by far is outstanding, but Nathan Cayless ans Timana Tahu really have a dig consistently. Tahu's aggression and Cayless' work ethic are outstanding. You notice their presence when their on the park, but notice it their impact when they are not on the field.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He may not be popular, but Pig gives 100% every week.

As for Hindmarsh...He's become a joke. His performance tonight was ordinary. Yet you talk him up like he's a demi-god...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You could see how frustrated he was getting out there, can't blame him. Poor bastard, him and Caylo deserve to at least win one comp, can't see that happening in the near future.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
He may not be popular, but Pig gives 100% every week.

As for Hindmarsh...He's become a joke. His performance tonight was ordinary. Yet you talk him up like he's a demi-god...
WTF????? Ordinary, what would you class the rest of the packs if he was ordinary :crazy:

ParraAds

Juniors
fair dinkum this forum all have shares in Nathan Hindmarsh....

he made a thousand tackles....yeah great....if he hadn't been on the field for 80 mins someone else would have...how many of those tackles really dominated the dragons??

give me a break....

also feels like about 7 years since he bust the line...run harder! tackle less.

Fathead

Bench
Hes no demi God but he must be really pissed off with the rest of the team. Pathetic bunch of soft co%ks

Eelementary

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
WTF????? Ordinary, what would you class the rest of the packs if he was ordinary :crazy:

OK...

* Hindmarsh gave awat moronic penalties, and even got himself put on report;

* His hit-ups were bland - until we started getting ball inside the Dragons' half (but where were his strong hit-ups coming out of our own half?)

* He made a billion tackles - and a lot of them were second or third man in.

He was ordinary in my opinion, and the rest of the pack was just as bad.

Fathead

Bench
ParraAds said:

he made a thousand tackles....yeah great....if he hadn't been on the field for 80 mins someone else would have...how many of those tackles really dominated the dragons??

give me a break....

Yep he makes tackles cause no one else can be bothered thats for sure. We persist with old hacks like Wags and lightweight forwards.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraAds said:

give me a break....

:clap:

Be prepared to get flamed, though - you don't label Hindmarsh as "less than God" without backlash.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fathead said:
Yep he makes tackles cause no one else can be bothered thats for sure. We persist with old hacks like Wags and lightweight forwards.

He only makes 40+ tackles per match because he plays up tight and close to the ruck, tracking everything that moves.

If he played where he's supposed to play, as a back-rower, and trusted tacklebots like Robinson and IHindy to do their jobs, he could focus on breaking the line once or twice a season.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
I take the Hindmarsh critics don't really watch the game too closely. Maybe you missed the 75 tackles he made last week or the trysaving tackles he makes week in week out or the fact that he has scored as many tries as many of our backs. You are also the type of ill-informed critics that would have criticised Andrew Johns for hogging the ball or Darren Lockyer for missing too many tackles. Wake up and realise that he and Cayless are living EELS legends and without these two we would have lost many more games than we have won!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee remember how great the defence was without Hindmarsh against the Sharks reserve grade side. Who knows how many the Dragons would have scored in the first 20 mins without him there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
slippery nipeel said:
I take the Hindmarsh critics don't really watch the game too closely. Maybe you missed the 75 tackles he made last week or the trysaving tackles he makes week in week out or the fact that he has scored as many tries as many of our backs. You are also the type of ill-informed critics that would have criticised Andrew Johns for hogging the ball or Darren Lockyer for missing too many tackles. Wake up and realise that he and Cayless are living EELS legends and without these two we would have lost many more games than we have won!!!!!

:lol: Wow - and hey, we won, right?

:lol:

A forward has to do two basic tasks on the field - run AND tackle. Nathan Hindmarsh has become the world's best tackling second-rower. But his ability to bust the line and pop an offload has diminished considerably.

Tell me, Mr. Knowitall - which of those two abilities would most have helped us out tonight?

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Last time I checked GF were won by teams that got their defence right and I can't remember too many GF's were there 40 points scored by the winning team. I can remember many games where great defence was the key to winning though!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wait - do you mean the very same NSW selectors who have chosen Michael Vella, Greg Bird, Andrew Ryan and Eric Grothe to play for them before? :roll:

All I'm saying, for those of you who can't bear to read any minor criticisms of Hindmarsh, is that he makes too many tackles, gives away too many penalties because of frustration and is generally not the player he once was.

True, there have been instances this year of what he once was - he's scored some great tries and even made a few linebreaks. But tonight...He didn't do that. He instead resorted to making a million tackles.

Tell me - what's the difference between the Hindmarsh who makes 40+ tackles a match and whose hit-ups are ordinary, and Craig Fitzgibbon?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The first 20 mins we had f**k all ball, what do expect Hindy to do??? Ok Robbo this tackle is yours cause i need to rest so i can make a line break later on FFS. If he doesn't make those tackles St George score at least one or 2 more tries.