What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets let Hindy go to another team.

Eelementary

Post Whore
slippery nipeel said:
Last time I checked GF were won by teams that got their defence right and I can't remember too many GF's were there 40 points scored by the winning team. I can remember many games where great defence was the key to winning though!

And in recent weeks, defense hasn't been much of an issue - it's been our attack.

FROSTY319

Juniors
He deserves to play for another team instead of with those lazy, overrated pieces of sh*t that he played with tonight. Fmd brisbane will beat us now. No heart. Hope hindy gets suspended and we don't play finals.
I won't be able to cope if Melb, Manly or the dogs win it.
Go the A League Frosty's switching codes !

Eelementary

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
The first 20 mins we had f**k all ball, what do expect Hindy to do??? Ok Robbo this tackle is yours cause i need to rest so i can make a line break later on FFS. If he doesn't make those tackles St George score at least one or 2 more tries.

Who's telling him not to tackle?

All I'm saying is there is no need for him to make every tackle. Stay in your position and make the tackles to need. That is all.

I tell you what - you Hindy lovers go absolutely crazy when someone dares to criticise him. And it's not unfounded criticism, either - it's constructive criticism. But hey - I guess he's beyond criticism.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The last 2 weeks we have had way more tackling to do than the opppsistion. Maybe if we hang on to the ball we will have less tackling to do. And MAYBE Hindy will be fresher to do some attacking.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So are you saying that you think that every one of Nathan Hindmarsh's tackles could only have been made by him himself?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
You know even I could go out there and flop into 75 tackles a week, it doesn't make me a good player. Hindy is playing like a busted arse and I hate to say it but I think his days of being anything more than a hard worker are over, he's washed up.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So are you saying that you think that every one of Nathan Hindmarsh's tackles could only have been made by him himself?

xr62nv

Juniors
Eelementary said:
:lol: Wow - and hey, we won, right?

:lol:

A forward has to do two basic tasks on the field - run AND tackle. Nathan Hindmarsh has become the world's best tackling second-rower. But his ability to bust the line and pop an offload has diminished considerably.

Tell me, Mr. Knowitall - which of those two abilities would most have helped us out tonight?

his running game has considerably gone downhill since sustaining that knee injury back in 2005

i think for him to get back into a running backrower, he has to get lighter to help him cope with the workload and to help provide less stress on his arthritic feet

i think hes 107 now .. maybe down to 103 might help him ..

for example like it did for widders.. even if it was only a few kilo's

Eelementary

Post Whore
xr62nv said:
his running game has considerably gone downhill since sustaining that knee injury back in 2005

i think for him to get back into a running backrower, he has to get lighter to help him cope with the workload and to help provide less stress on his arthritic feet

i think hes 107 now .. maybe down to 103 might help him ..

for example like it did for widders.. even if it was only a few kilo's

Interesting point. I heard he was bulking up to play in the front-row.

And PDJ - I agree. I mean people on this very forum give Alan Tongue, Fitzgibbon and other tacklebots crap merely for being tacklebots. Yet Hindmarsh is better? Why? All he's doing these days is making tackles, and many, many times as the second or even third man in.

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
He may not be popular, but Pig gives 100% every week.

As for Hindmarsh...He's become a joke. His performance tonight was ordinary. Yet you talk him up like he's a demi-god...

Hindy has been downright average since Origin tbh, he's back to 2004 football

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Who's telling him not to tackle?

All I'm saying is there is no need for him to make every tackle. Stay in your position and make the tackles to need. That is all.

I tell you what - you Hindy lovers go absolutely crazy when someone dares to criticise him. And it's not unfounded criticism, either - it's constructive criticism. But hey - I guess he's beyond criticism.

All I can say mate, is that if you want to look for scapegoats, you are looking at the wrong bloke.
Hindmarsh isn't faultless. He's certainly not beyond criticism at times.

But ffs, if we DIDN'T have him in our team, we'd be down with the also rans. It's as simple as that.

Sure, he doesn't play the type of game that we know he is capable of. That's up to the coaching staff.

I know it's not technically possible to give 120% in a game, but by some freak of nature, Hindy does.

If you (and others) want to look at our attacking liabilities, start with the robotic backrowers we have who have next to no penetration.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
According to some people here, that means you have NFI about football and blah blah blah...:crazy:

I just find it very curious how Tongue and Fitzgibbon, for doing the very same thing Hindmarsh is doing, are regarded as average, and yet Hindmarsh is awesome...Hindmarsh, when he plays like we all know he can, is a demi-God. But the way he's been playing recently...

xr62nv

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Interesting point. I heard he was bulking up to play in the front-row.

And PDJ - I agree. I mean people on this very forum give Alan Tongue, Fitzgibbon and other tacklebots crap merely for being tacklebots. Yet Hindmarsh is better? Why? All he's doing these days is making tackles, and many, many times as the second or even third man in.

if he were to play front row , i'd think he'd become less effective, although if you look at his role now, it looks like he practically plays like one just a different number on his back.. defends in middle of the ruck, runs one out from dummy half (not off the halves like how he used to)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Suitman said:
All I can say mate, is that if you want to look for scapegoats, you are looking at the wrong bloke.

But ffs, if we DIDN'T have him in our team, we'd be down with the also rans. It's as simple as that.

Sure, he doesn't play the type of game that we know he is capable of. That's up to the coaching staff.

I know it's not technically possible to give 120% in a game, but by some freak of nature, Hindy does.

If you (and others) want to look at our attacking liabilities, start with the robotic backrowers we have who have next to no penetration.

Suity
:clap: Well said, he mighten be the player he once was. Maybe it's his knee, or the arthritis. But FFS the guy has been absolutley carrying this side for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Bazal

Post Whore
Suity...at the moment, Hindy is one of those robotic backrowers with no penetration. I can't remember the last time he broke the line

Eelementary said:
According to some people here, that means you have NFI about football and blah blah blah...:crazy:

I just find it very curious how Tongue and Fitzgibbon, for doing the very same thing Hindmarsh is doing, are regarded as average, and yet Hindmarsh is awesome...Hindmarsh, when he plays like we all know he can, is a demi-God. But the way he's been playing recently...

He's doing more defence than he needs to and zero attack, and giving away stupid penalties. I can understand his frustration but wtf is he going to do to help by tackling himself to a standstill and putting more pressure on us with his recent trend of 2 or 3 dumb penalties a game?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:

Suity

Don't get me wrong - it really annoys me seeing the line-up we had tonight and seeing Robinson, Wagon and Ian all in the same side.

But all I'm saying is that Nathan Hindmarsh makes lots of tackles and displays lots of heart - but his performance...Was it that good?

See, tonight I saw a guy who tried his arse off but was ineffective in attack (probably because of all the defense he did). But a lot of the defense he did do was coming in as a second or third man when the tackle was practically completed. He could have saved time and energy by not making those tackles, but he did, and it meant that he was left with less petrol in the tank to attack.

The way I feel is this - our collective defensive effort was very, very good, and that is due in great part to Nathan Hindmarsh. But his attack when we needed it most was not that great. And so I begin to think, "People are making the Smiths, Finch, Wagon, Hayne and Grothe their scapegoats - but why is Nathan seemingly always 100% blameless?"

He's a legend, and along with Nathan Cayless, probably the heart and soul of the club. But to be brutally honest, I don't think his performance tonight was even remotely special. Yes, he did a tonne of defensive work - but other NRL players do that week in and out, too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
:clap: Well said, he mighten be the player he once was. Maybe it's his knee, or the arthritis. But FFS the guy has been absolutley carrying this side for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

And I am bloody grateful for that.

I just believe that he is three times the player that we've been seeing recently, and we need him to be that player if we're going to be serious about going anywhere near a title any time soon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
xr62nv said:
if he were to play front row , i'd think he'd become less effective, although if you look at his role now, it looks like he practically plays like one just a different number on his back.. defends in middle of the ruck, runs one out from dummy half (not off the halves like how he used to)

That's true. And I feel that's part of the problem. His hit-ups aren't making enough ground when we're in our own half; his attacking role as a prop isn't what is going to help us out best in my eyes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
And I am bloody grateful for that.

I just believe that he is three times the player that we've been seeing recently, and we need him to be that player if we're going to be serious about going anywhere near a title any time soon.
What i don't get is, we bought Morro to lessen Hindy's workload. Nothing changed. We bring back I Hindy to lessen Hindy's workload. And it goes up, some of the other forwards aren't pulling their wait simple as that. He made nearly twice as many tackles as anybody else tonight.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Eelementary said:

I agree with you dude dont worry;-)

You also need to make quality hitups as well as tackling, and i would sacrifce 30 of his 3rd man in tackles to atleat put some power into his running.

He's a great player, but it seems he hates to make hitups so he puts little effort into making them, like he's trying to conserve energy?