What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's pack Gosford!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hybrid_tiger said:
A-League hasn't even started yet...

:roll:

The A-League pre-season comp, for how hyped it has been, has drawn little. Have fun with your little technicalities, but the facts are 6609 is a sh*t crowd and League will always prevail over Soccer.

JW

Coach
Knightmare said:
I seem to remember a Gold Coast Chargers game (Carrara Stadium, QUEENSLAND) that drew little over 3,000 peopl.

Razor said:
CC received several crowds under 5,000. Chargers never only had 3,000 people.

Just for the record - i'm in favour of the Gold Coast side of things in these debates and always have been, but still, facts are facts and Knightmare was correct with his claim:

Gold Coast Chargers v Easts, Carrara, 1996 - 3,300
Gold Coast Chargers v Balmain, Carrara, 1996 - 3,670
Gold Coast Chargers v Penrith, Carrara, 1996 - 1,500
Gold Coast Chargers v Illawarra, Carrara, 1998 - 3,762
Gold Coast Chargers v Adelaide, Carrara, 1998 - 3,897

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/season_idx.html

Cheers.

aussies1st

Staff member
That was why they got dropped! They will improve as like players they won't want to get dropped again as if they did that would be it.

Timmah

Staff member
BuffaloRules said:
You just want a Central Coast team so it gives you an excuse to jump off the Dogs dodge....

Yeah, because I'm such a bandwagon fan :roll:

woodgers

Bench
Dodger said:
The A-League pre-season comp, for how hyped it has been, has drawn little. Have fun with your little technicalities, but the facts are 6609 is a sh*t crowd and League will always prevail over Soccer.

Of course League is more popular than Soccer in this country you peanut, who ever disputed that?

The A League has not been hyped very much at all, you would barely know it starts next week so god knows what you are on about.

6609 is decent for a preseason match in Soccer, credit where it is due. Even Rugby League would be over the moon with that for a preseason game.

Soccer or Football, the most skillful and popular game the world over is desperately trying to make it in this country, it is toolbeaters like yourself who are too farkin dumb to appreciate the game that are ruining it for everyone. Why can't you enjoy both games or are you too moronic to understand the rules? The fact that you don't support either of these 2 league teams and you are on an internet forum pleading with fans to turn up shows me that you are insecure about the potential Soccer has to give the CC something to support. The NRL hasn't given the Coast a team, now you want to deprieve the people in your town a chance to catch NATIONAL sporting action every week by rubbishing the Mariners? You are a class A tit and probably an uncultured booner.

f**k off back to your caravan.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Soccer.

:lol:

They actually had 9,000 at their last game. I guess they didn't give away as many free tickets this time.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
woodgers said:
Of course League is more popular than Soccer in this country you peanut, who ever disputed that?

The A League has not been hyped very much at all, you would barely know it starts next week so god knows what you are on about.

6609 is decent for a preseason match in Soccer, credit where it is due. Even Rugby League would be over the moon with that for a preseason game.

Soccer or Football, the most skillful and popular game the world over is desperately trying to make it in this country, it is toolbeaters like yourself who are too farkin dumb to appreciate the game that are ruining it for everyone. Why can't you enjoy both games or are you too moronic to understand the rules? The fact that you don't support either of these 2 league teams and you are on an internet forum pleading with fans to turn up shows me that you are insecure about the potential Soccer has to give the CC something to support. The NRL hasn't given the Coast a team, now you want to deprieve the people in your town a chance to catch NATIONAL sporting action every week by rubbishing the Mariners? You are a class A tit and probably an uncultured booner.

:)

Here here, excellent post. That crowd is almost as many people as Melbourne get to their games and the season hasn't even started...

BuffaloRules

Coach
woodgers said:
. Why can't you enjoy both games or are you too moronic to understand the rules? The fact that you don't support either of these 2 league teams and you are on an internet forum pleading with fans to turn up shows me that you are insecure about the potential Soccer has to give the CC something to support.

I had the misfortune of meeting someone connected with the CC Mariners management through a mutual friend in a pub about 9 months ago.

After I told him that I was a Rugby League fan, he proceeded to spent the next 10 minutes pulling out every cliche he could about RL players and fans ( brain dead, thugs, rapists etc etc).

He then advised me that Soccer will be the number 1 supported sport in NSW within 5 years.

I will take great delight when this new soccer league goes the same way as every other soccer league has gone in this country.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
BuffaloRules said:
I had the misfortune of meeting someone connected with the CC Mariners management through a mutual friend in a pub about 9 months ago.

After I told him that I was a Rugby League fan, he proceeded to spent the next 10 minutes pulling out every cliche he could about RL players and fans ( brain dead, thugs, rapists etc etc).

He then advised me that Soccer will be the number 1 supported sport in NSW within 5 years.

I will take great delight when this new soccer league goes the same way as every other soccer league has gone in this country.

Well the description he gave is spot on if we are talking about you...

rabbitville

I can't believe Souths mgmt decided to rob us of one last home game in Sydney. Souths need 6155 to show up to beat attendance in 2004 - Fkn better get it.

woodgers

Bench
BuffaloRules said:

Well then you have the brain capacity of a leather boot. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world by a mile and Australia are 2nd class citizens if not worse in the Soccer world. Aussies are close to, if not, the best sporting nation in the world based on population but similar to America we lag in the most important sport, Soccer. We need to show improvement and excel in this sport and the 1st step is a rejuvinated A League. You are going to hope the sport does nothing because of some cocky dick associated with a club? Forget him, go for CC rivals Sydney FC or Newcastle and get on with it. Enjoy the technical ability of the game and get your head around the fact that there is more to sport than carrying a leather ball and getting clobbered by 3 players.

Timmah

Staff member
woodgers said:

Lets review:

I used to play soccer.
I don't think soccer is sh*t.
I never bagged soccer, I hope it does succeed, and nowhere did I state that I hope it continues to fail.

What I do want though, is for the NRL fixture there this coming Sunday to prove that RL is a cut above with crowd support.

Learn to f**king ask, or at least keep your mouth shut, until you find out exactly where the other person is coming from.

woodgers

Bench
BuffaloRules said:

Well then you have the brain capacity of a leather boot. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world by a mile and Australia are 2nd class citizens if not worse in the Soccer world. Aussies are close to, if not, the best sporting nation in the world based on population but similar to America we lag in the most important sport, Soccer. We need to show improvement and excel in this sport and the 1st step is a rejuvinated A League. You are going to hope the sport does nothing because of some cocky dick associated with a club? Forget him, go for CC rivals Sydney FC or Newcastle and get on with it. Enjoy the technical ability of the game and get your head around the fact that there is more to sport than carrying a leather ball and getting clobbered by 3 players.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Cowboys open training session at Gosford (for any locals interested in going :))

from the Cowboys site

Toyota Cowboys' Open Training Session
The Toyota Cowboys are heading to Gosford for their clash against the Rabbitohs on Sunday. The team will have an open training session at Central Coast Stadium this Saturday, 27 August 2005, at 11am. Come and show your support as the Cowboys head into their last two games on the regular season.

Timmah

Staff member
Grantwhy said:
Cowboys open training session at Gosford (for any locals interested in going :))

from the Cowboys site

Hmmm... intriguing. I'll look at my schedule...

I hope this move is a success.

Latest posts